My VW Vento Ownership Review: History, Buying and Ownership Logs

Thread Starter #1
Background

Cars, Cars, Cars, have been my ultimate passion, ever since I knew cars, my favorite toys were cars, and the best one I have is a Porsche 911 replica remote controlled, I got as a gift from US, in 1981. My Dad, a mechanical engineer, himself, was also passionate about cars,engines, suspensions, often he would explain all these for long periods of time, but we could not afford one, until the last years of his service in a central government employment as General manager.

Time flew, so did my passion for cars too, got glued to the technically most advanced sport on the planet, Formula 1, my idol, model, Michael Schumacher, Ferrari. This opened up so much more information to cars at time when there was no "google.com" no internet. Learnt and knew things like aerodynamics, exhaust systems, braking systems, wish bone suspensions, tyres, carbon fibre, whew...!
Most important to learn, driving, handling straight lines, handling curves, all in all, controlled safe fast driving.

Our first car 1994

Dad's first car and my first fling with The Car, was a used Maruti Omni red in 1994. A 1987 model, flat top omni. At a time, when the only cars available in India were Premier Padmini, Ambassadors, Marutis, this was indeed a premium, a time when just owning a car was premium, be it any. With this started, my tryst with cars, the drive, the suspension, their torque, the music of the engines, the Bhp, what not, with Dad educating me on so many things. So I started driving in 1994. Our car, being a used car, the visit to the local repair shop was often too, I would spend hours at the shop, knowing and learning from the mechanics, about our car, about other cars, different problems, different solutions etc.

>> Fast forward to 2004

Dad had passed away in a scooter accident in 2002, I landed my first job in 2004, and the very first thing that came to my mind was to change the Omni to a better car, A new car. With not too many choices for a small car, Pooling in almost everything, I had,( I didn’t have much), with lots of help from Mom and a loan from Icici Bank, got my first car.
The standard Maruti Alto,
No Ac,
No Power steering,
No Power windows,
Just a plain car, but an awesome car. It had/has a lot of torque for a small car. great steering since it is direct, hard suspension. Have had, some of my best long journeys with this car, and almost every time, have left, most enthusiast bigger car drivers to see my rear bumper. Ikons, Mondeo’s, Astra’s, Innova’s, etc.

The big advantage of my alto, was/is, it is fitted with a K&N performance filter, giving that extra punch, Aura alloys, which made the handling much better, but the biggest advantage is, it is a small car, and it can push through traffic, where bigger cars cant. Of course on a straight line, dash, the bigger cars would easily, lunge ahead, but where do you have straight, open roads in India without traffic congestion, there is traffic and traffic, within very short distances. That was where the Alto would pull and clearly get ahead. Had a thoroughly enjoyable time leaving so many bigger cars behind.

P1050043.JPG

>> Fast forward to 2010

The trusted Alto, was doing great, but with new cars in the market, the beautiful stance of newer cars, the missing features on the alto, the what not, was attracting me and playing with my mind, after all the Alto was 6 years old with 65K kms on the Odo. Discussed with family and finally decided to change the car, looked at several cars,
New Honda city, - petrol, expensive
Hyundai i20 (D), - Good, great torque and turbo rush, but boat feel, very light steering, 3months waiting period
Fiat Punto (D), - Good, It was a Fiat, from the makers of Ferrari, Alfo Romeo, Maserati, great suspension, great handling, good torque coming from a petrol Alto
Fiat Linea (D), - All the above of the punto, under powered
Swift (D). - SIX MONTHS waiting, No- way, and TOO MANY SWIFTS on the ROAD

After 4 months of search and research and team fiat.in finally decided it should be the Fiat Punto 90 Hp, was simply bowled over by the looks, the stability, the robustness, the handling, the ride. The level of gadgetry, wow. Got the beauty in December 2010, registered in 2011, It was kind of a dream come true car. As this was going to replace my two wheeler, the beautiful and powerful, Yamaha R15, we decided to keep our trusted Alto, too, as this would be used by my sister.

The Fiat Punto 90 Hp, gave me kilometers and kilometers of driving satisfaction, 54000 Kms in 2 ½ years. People would ask me, you have paid so much to get a Fiat, I would tell myself, what do you know, what a Fiat is, the super well built body, body control, suspension, and handling - corner the Fiat on a 90 degree to 100 degree corner at 120 kmph, then you would know, what a Fiat is. Great car, great dynamics, good driver seating, very very good steering, very good to hold with the palm rests, great steering mounted controls with Blue me, nice to show off the speech recognition, voice controls, with the Blue me lady guiding me, voice enabled calling.
Just wow.

But... the car lacked outright performance, it took time to spool the turbo, took time to build the torque, the car would come to its own after 80-90 kmph,(2500 rpm) that is when the torque was at its peak on 5th gear, but where in India you can reach 80-90 consistently every time, we have our traffic. thought of tuning boxes, but the thought of the engine life scared me off.
The result --- me who had been used to show my rear to others, had to get used to seeing the rear of others. By the time, turbo spooled and car opened up, my competition mainly the i20 crdi and sx4 diesel would be long gone, but the other cars including the swift were manageable, the punto would keep them at bay. But this was getting to me. I thought probably, I am growing old @ 36 years.

Fiat service and Road side assistance.
I have to mention here the Fiat RSA is great, just a call and they reach you, within an hour.The service at Fiat service centers is not as bad as I had heard on forums, but still have a lot to improve, leaves the customer a little bit disappointed, when you have to leave the car, more than once for resolution of the same problem. But livable problem. But then why do you have to live with a problem, when you can avoid it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Buying a VW Vento

>>Fast forward 2013

After 2 years plus and 54000 Kms on the punto, and after having seen the rear of quite a few cars. I really started feeling the urge to change the car, but somehow, felt very reluctant to do away with all the features, Fiat spoilt me with, The superb steering, the handling, high speed stability, voice controls, steering controls, Blue & me, The LOOK of the CAR. I cursed Fiat for not providing a sedan with a bigger heart than the 1.3 Mjd. I had tried and tested the vento in 2011 and 2012, the lack of features was a big let down.

My search for a new car started, it had to be a sedan,
It had to have Blue tooth Phone connectivity.
The new car had to measure up, against the Fiat punto 90 hp.
My scale of measure was the Fiat punto 90.

Fiat linea T-jet

The News came, New Fiat linea T-jet launched, always knew, the linea T-jet was a beauty, both running on the Road and standing on the Road. It would make the owner smile for the car, both inside the car and outside the car.
Called my friendly SA at fiat (I have to mention here, no matter what has been said about the Sales Advisors at Fiat showrooms, the one I deal with, and most others are good. My advisor, Cherian Thomas is great, after 2 1/2 years, now he is more of a good friend than a SA). The test drive was finalized, a brand new t-jet, me being the first one to test drive the t-jet.

The Test Drive

Having used the diesel, for so long, the first thing I noticed was the quietness in the cabin, absolutely quiet, no engine sound, had to check the tachometer to ensure the engine was running. The initial pick up was a little better than the diesel, the turbo lag was evident very minuscule , but much better than the Punto. we reached the ring road, once the car came in to the turbo range of 1800 rpm, it is a Jet, I did my corner testing on the linea too, wow, sure this car flies, and grips. There was a slight hint of body roll, nothing discomforting, but slight body roll could be felt, at 140 kms turning sharply. Probably the increased ground clearance playing spoil sport.
While I just loved the car, was already thinking of what more could be added to this beast, spoiler, a K&N performance filter.
But 2 things were eating in to my decision.
1) the interiors are just the same as the punto, yes the dials are different, the color is different. The layout is the same. You don't feel you are in a new car, coming from a punto.
2) Since the new car was to be a daily use car, I had to travel to office and back, with a total run of minimum 50 Kms per day, running the t-jet would mean, my fuel costs would increase to almost twice the current fuel cost, and then whoever said you can drive the t-jet sanely, with a light foot. Every open stretch becomes an invitation for auto enthusiasts like me, to open up and taste the 207 Nm of torque, from a very rev happy motor . This is addictive. this addiction can increase the fuel bill to 2.5 times, the current fuel bill.

But then a choice had to be made, I cannot afford a car, with double the fuel costs. I had to look for alternatives, the diesel Linea was underpowered, I dint want my new car, looking at the rear ends of other cars again.

I just wish Fiat had bought in the new Fiat linea, 1.6 litre, mjd, which was already launched in Turkey,with new interiors. I would not be looking anywhere else.

For all the love, like me, most of us have for Fiat, they still have a step motherly attitude for India.

Lovable things about the T-jet

The car itself, Absolutely European - the shape, the poise, the headlamp cluster, the tail lamp, Body line, etc.
The alloys- Turbine blade type Alloys
The tyre - 16 inchers, 205 wide
The steering- absolutely brilliant
The High speed stability - Brilliant
The Engine- Just superb, so quiet, so powerful
The Gadgets - Blue me, too good
The Brakes - again very good
Maintenance cost - reasonable
ACC - very good
Seats - Leather seats
follow me home - head lamps

Things you may not like about the T-jet.

Fiat's laid back nature for sales
Service centers need a lot more training on handling Fiat Customers, it is getting better, but not yet there
The interiors, same as the punto with a different color layout. could have been different
The quality of the interiors plastics, miles behind the VW
Fuel Price and runability - Being a petrol, running cost for daily users like me is high
Leg room in the rear - just ok

Alternative....
Look for other cars. With literally a heavy heart, my heart just didn't want to let go of a Fiat, nor did my family, decided to move on.

Hyundai Verna fluidic diesel
The Advaith Hyundai showroom, was enroute from office. My relative is the sales manager here, immediately a test drive was arranged, on a white SX variant fluidic verna. The car looked good, felt good, the interiors looked premium, except for the shining faux wood panel around the music system.

The Test Drive
Took her for a short drive, in traffic, with no open stretches , the ride felt a bit soft, not very soft, the steering felt lifeless, as it should, coming from Fiat steering, I would rather say, every other steering on our side of 20 lakhs would feel lifeless compared to a Fiat. The music system was good. The power delivery linear and good too, the NVH was very good. I wanted to have one more test drive, told the SA about it and left.

What I liked about the Hyundai Verna
The car - if looks were the only criteria, there would be no looking further for me, just beautiful to look at, over done in some places, but overall good.
The Engine- Quiet, quiet, Powerful, Linear Power delivery, No sudden rushes
The Gadgets - Plenty and good, still lacks a complete phone system like Blue me (Fiat) or Sync(Ford)
ACC - Good
Seats - Fabric
The Tyres 16 inchers,
The Alloys - Good, Especially the new ones with Gunmetal black
Maintenance cost
folding ovrm
Rear view mirror integrated with camera

Things you may not like
The steering- lifeless, too Light
The Brakes - all 4 discs, still lacks the bite
The High speed stability - Bad
The soft suspension-
Leg room in the rear - not too good

Volkswagen Vento diesel
The same weekend, went to KPR cars, Volkswagen, my previous experience of the car was not very inspiring, hence I was not very keen on VW vento, not so great interiors to live in due to lack of gadgets etc. But some surprises awaited me at VW, since my last visit, about 8 months back, the test car a silver vento highline variant with the garmin GPS system, the stock radio was changed from RCD 310 to RNS 320, this one had Bluetooth connectivity, not as good as the Fiat, but atleast had one similar to the Verna, working steering controls. The lack of features - complaint, I had to withdraw. I had test driven this car earlier too, but somehow, I could not connect because of the short drive. This time was however different. This time my search was for a driver’s car, with loads of power(torque) and good handling, had heard about the Torque king tag, but the experience was something else.

The Test drive
Three adults, me the SA, my cousin, took the car to the nearby ring road. The SA quietly sitting in the back. The stretch was open with more than a couple of twisties, I told myself perfect for the test. Cleared the signal, open the throttle, slotted the gear in first, not much to talk about, normal, slotted to second gear, there was good torque, at about 40-50 kmph, slotted to third gear, with the RPM needle touching 1800 to 2100 rpm. Immediately felt the difference the car just wanted to go, run, just cant use the right expression, it just wanted lunge forward. Gave it the throttle, reached 3500 rpm very soon with about 80 to 90 kmph on the speedo, slotted to fourth gear, now the fun began, the lunge that started, just wanted to go on and on, the speedo rising to 100+ in no time, (you wouldn’t even know it was that fast), it was like telling me, “is this all you can push me, come on, I can do better”, right then saw the twisty road ahead. Almost 45 degrees to my right, was not sure of the car, the steering felt ok, the weight seemed good enough for the try, but still butterflies flew in my stomach, doing the maneuver, in an unknown car, with 2 passengers on board, risky. Let the foot off the throttle slightly, did the turn with ease, very very little body roll, lesser than the T-jet. Now this gave me the confidence. Did a U-turn came back on the same road, hit the same twisty with out taking the foot off the pedal, result = same. Completely insanely inspiring, after all I was young again, may be I was never that old. The high speed stability is good, there is lack of steering feedback, but the steering weight is just right, can feel about the same weight as I felt on the hydraulic unit of the Fiat, just almost.

Now my heart was sold on this one.

To confirm the handling, I took my Fiat Punto through the same road, did the turn, very little difference other than the steering feedback. WOW!!!

I could not help, but imagine a Vento with a hydraulic steering unit, what a car it would have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3

The Vento Likes
German engineering absolutely European again - the shape, the Smoked headlamp cluster, front grille, the VW logo in the center
The steering - Good, way better than the Verna, but cant compete against the Hydraulic unit of a Fiat
The High speed stability - Good
The Engine- Just superb, NOT so quiet, Just so powerful, torque, torque torque
The Gadgets - RNS 320 good with bluetooth, and steering controls,
The Brakes - again very good
Maintenance cost - No experience on that one
ACC - very good
Seats - Leatherette seats
the interior, Plastic quality too good
Practicality - Boot open from remote, one touch all windows down and up, can be controlled from the remote, anti pinch window up.
Leg room in the rear - good
IOS and Android phone remote for RNS 320 system

Things you may not like about the Vento
The alloys- design doesnt sync with the body line of the vento
The tyre - 15 inchers,
Lack of follow me home - head lamps
Lack of a dead pedal
Lack of phone book in the RNS 320 system
Lack of a Hydraulic Steering system
Door squeaking noise in the cabin.

Verna again
The same day went back to the Hyundai Showroom, for the second test drive, now that I knew, what I exactly wanted in both performance and handling, the Verna had to be better, for me to consider it, had called in advance, the SA was ready with the car, we started and reached the ring road ( a different part of the Mysore ring road).

The test in comparison with the Vento
The Engine started, the cabin was silent in comparison to the VW, the gears fell in place just as beautifully as the Vento, first gear good, second gear good, third could feel the turbo surge, not as in the Vento (very linear), fourth could feel the 120 horses ( but not better than the vento).
Fifth gear, the car still had the urge move on! The sixth more of a gear to cruise in.

The torque range of the Verna is at 260Nm of torque from 1900rpm to 2750rpm as against 250Nm of torque from 1500rpm to 2500rpm. The power delivery in the Verna was more linear in comparison to the Vento, the Vento is more like a raging bull, pulls and pulls, the verna more calmer, but definitely powerful. Now having reached, decent speeds, could see the twist in the road ahead, I was completely unsure if I should even try to take the twist for my test, the steering had enough weight, but somehow the body didn’t feel planted. Took the twist, the car did take the turn, there was body roll, a lot more than the Vento, T-jet, but not something that scares you to not repeat it again. Took a u-turn, came back to the same twist with foot on the throttle, body roll was more, the steering had to be handled much more precisely and carefully, there was a tendency for the steering to move more than I wanted to (or that's what I felt ). I continued on and braked to test the brakes, it took a little longer to stop than the vento and T-jet, the Verna has discs on all four wheels.

Reached the showroom, while on the way the SA was trying to tell me that the verna is a better car, the engine has been developed in partnership with Mercedes. The engine is better, spares are cheaper, free service (VW doesn’t have any free service), etc etc. My cousin who was with me, directly asked him, which car do you think handles and behaves better, between the Vento and Verna, the SA promptly told him it is the Vento, but also added, “Sir, how many times will you drive like this, most of the time, you will be driving sedately, where do we have the roads for such spirited drives”. Honestly, he had a point, but it is better to have the power and the handling, than not have, when it is required.

My conclusion, views are mine only, based on my experiences, my views and my priorities, no offence meant to Hyundai, or Fiat.

By the way, I love Fiat.

My views after the test drive:
The verna can handle enthusiast driving, but it needs more commitment and precision driving from the driver, small errors can lead to dangerous situations, AND IT DOES NOT ENCOURAGE SPIRITED DRIVING.

The decision
So after a month dilly dallying between the Vento for its power and handling and the Verna for its power, quiet cabin, sporty looks, and the gadgets

Finally it was POWER, TORQUE, POWER, against, refinement looks and a probable lower maintenance cost.
Decided it would be POWER, TORQUE, POWER.
Yes she was an European.
And Yes! She was a German.

So the Vento highline diesel it was.
Some of the Verna features, are going to be missed, Folding Ovrm, Integrated rear view camera within the mirror, the beautiful 195 R16 tyres, the new anodised ginmetal black alloys.

But then my priorities were different, and after all discounts, the vento would be almost 70k cheaper to the verna. I get what I prioritize the most for less.

Loan process
State bank of Mysore,
Approached State Bank of Mysore (SBM) for the loan, after agreeing to process the loan in 2 days time, the usual pain started, for documentation. I got so fed up, I even decided to drop the car buy.

Vijaya bank,
I met the Manager of Vijaya Bank, our salary bank, told him about this, he assured me, “Sir not to worry, your loan will be done”. As promised, Within 2 days, after collecting some basic documents (KYC and income), he calls me “Sir, when do you want your DD”.
Seriously Vijaya bank may not advertise, but they are a more customer friendly bank than most others.
The loan sanction letter in my hands, I call up KPR cars, VW, tell them, my loan is ready, pay them a small amount as a token advance.

Deciding the color.
The pepper grey and shadow blue color, were the ones, I short listed, after days and days of checking images on the net, checking every Vento/Polo that passed by. I was finally bowled over by the Blue, tough to maintain, but when clean, it is one of the best looking color with the black color. I finally decide on the shadow blue color.

The showroom have one in stock a March 2013 car, Now it is August 2013, some how I am not comfortable, tell my SA, Mr. Shibin Lal, he assures me, it is normal for cars to be 4 months old in the showroom, the car is dusty having been out in the open in the monsoon. My SA asks me to visit him the next day and have look at the car in proper light, after a wash. I do visit them, the next day, they are giving her a 3M coat. I just stand by her, I literally feel weak in my legs, She is a beauty, the blue color, with the smoked headlamps, the low stance, the clear headlamp lens, pure bliss, I change my mind, and decide to go with this one. As I said earlier, I just love cars and am very particular about body line and paint work. Go around the car and find a scratch on the rear bonnet, the polish guy tries to clear, it doesn’t, the senior guy, polish in charge, tries with marine paste compound, it doesn’t. I tell Shibin, my SA, somehow, I can’t go with this one. He talks to his Sales Manager, and he informs me they have ordered a new one from the factory and it will reach them within a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4

As promised, within a week the car does reach them it is a August 2013 manufactured model. He calls me to confirm, I check out the car, the body line, the ODO (it is “0”, perfect). Do the PDI. Give him the DD for the full amount.

The discounts, accessories, Insurance
I opt out of the Garmin GPS and the rear view camera, this itself saves me 32k.
Insurance I get a good 9k less than the dealer quote from the same insurance company after many online quotes, plus my carried forward NCB of 25%, which is about 5K.
The 45k discount from VW,
20K exchange bonus,
5k Corporate discount,
Free muflaps, idol and Vento branded foot mats.

The delivery
It is a memorable event, at least for me
The chosen day was 10th September 2013
The wait for the day, seemed longer and longer
Honestly I had not slept properly in anticipation of the beauty.
Finally the day did arrive.

The RTO formalities had been done on 6th September.
Then on the 10th September 2013, she is all ready to come home, the car clean and shiny, taped, and ready at the new car delivery bay, the showroom staff, make the moment memorable with a lovely cake some photos and chocolates. Mr Shibin Lal, my SA, explains all details. I meet my customer relationship manager , my service adviser. After some photographs with my family, we set off to the temple for pooja.

I don't know about, other dealerships, but KPR cars, are good, I give them 10 out of 10.

Special thanks to
Mr.Shibin Lal - my SA
Mr.Mithun
Mr.Om Prakash Manager - Sales

The Vento ownership experience
It has been more than 7 months now and 13500 Kms on the ODO, just superb, is only what I can say.
I drive a minimum of 50kms per day, to and from office, the road is the Mysore - Ooty road, with some heavy traffic, mainly trucks. hardly get a chance to free my right foot. but when I do, it feels like, every moment spent waiting for this beauty was worth it.
The mileage I am getting in combination of city and highway driving is about 16-17 Kmpl with AC
On the highway alone, with some decent sedate driving, at a consistent 80-90kmph with AC, it hovers around 19 to 20kmpl.
Can easily seat 5 adults, the center adult in the rear will have to manage leg space on the center hump and rear AC vent.

The good bits that make feel good about my choice

-The torque is insanely addictive.
-The steering is good, lacks the feed back of hydraulic power steering, but is still very good.
-The Gear box is, just too good, has the perfect balance, the gear shifts are a pleasure
-The braking is good, it has a shorter stopping distance than the Verna and is a more responsive braking system
-The engine is again a beauty, just so happy to go the redline, with no fear whatsoever.
-The riding position needs some getting used, but now I am comfortable.
-The ICE is ok, not the kind that would make the car a home theatre, but just enough to enjoy music, the OEM speakers are a lot better than I had imagined them to be. Not great speakers, but definitely good.
-The car feels tough and well built
-The rear leg room and the rear AC
-The VW iphone app is a good touch, it makes your iphone in to a remote, useful if you are chauffer driven.
-As a driver, the feeling is bliss, pure bliss, such power on the light tap of the throttle with more than decent enough handling.

The not so good bits, that sometimes makes wonder about your choice

-very annoying rubber squeaking noise in the cabin ( door felt rubbing against the metal ), learned and applied carnuba wax on the door panel. the noise has stopped
-The lack of a contact list in the Phone sync is missed.
-The thud noise from the rear, discomforting
-The alloys could have been nicer- For eg the ones on the Polo
-The tires should have been 195/r15
-The Tyre noise in the cabin
-The beige interior, very tough to maintain, a darker shade of beige, may be camel brown would have felt better.
-Lack of a proper pocket space behind the front seats
-The Vento now comes with a single horn, miss the classic double horn
-Lack of a seat belt warning system( this should be a must, the punto has irritating continuous beep )
-Louder speed warning beep, it is hardly audible

I completed the free check up at 7500 Kms, as the name indicated it is only and only a free check up, everything else is chargeable, with a bill of Rs 1000 for wheel alignment, wheel balancing, wheel rotation, the car was delivered.
the washing and cleaning was done neatly.
the carpets were cleaned.
some dash board Polish applied( I am not a fan of dash board polish, since it causes reflection on the wind shield )
overall satisfactory experience.
I am almost nearing the first service at 15000 Kms, will post service experience

More miles to come and more experiences to follow

Thank you for the patience in going through my lengthy lengthy post. Will post more details.

Last edited:
Re: My VW Vento Ownership Review

Thread Now LIVE from TIP, thanks for the detailed write up, wish you millions of safe miles!

Hey Prash
Congrats for Vento.
Yours is probably one of the well written ownership logs lately.

Thanks for the comparisons between Verna and Vento.

Wish you good times ahead with your Vento

Hi,
Congratulations on your New VW Vento. Its a great car too with good handling.
Fiat need to think of bringing more models to India.

I thought that the steering was hydraulic the difference being an electric motor generates the pressure instead of a belt driven pump.

Congratulation Prash. I got my Verna during same period as you did. I too was confused between Vento, Rapid and Verna. I went ahead with Verna as I somehow liked it's interior. I am sedate driver and is more comfortable with linear surge in power.

Within 7 months I still to reach 4000 KMs on my diesel fluidic SX while you already reached 13500 KMs on your Vento.... awesome!

Congrats. You got a car which is perfect for munching miles in the long run.
The review was simply fantastic. I could feel the surge & power which you were talking about.
I too own a VW but a Polo 1.2TDI Trendline. Huge lag & not so impressive engine but yeah, amazing handling. No matter what the speeds are, its always stable. Das Auto! [:D]

Well written review and welcome to Vento TDI club Prash.We too own a a Vento TDI since 14 months and done more than 41,000 Km.But ours is a used one.We bought the car when it was just 13,000 Km and now,we added 29,000 Km in 14 months.Satisfied with Vento.My Vento TDI is April 2012 version and bought it in February 2013.
And post some pics too.

Last edited:
I agree with every point you have mentioned. People ask me the same thing. Why did I not buy the Verna or City or even the Rapid? And my answer is the same. Drive the Vento and you will know why. It doesn't matter whether the Verna comes with electric folding mirrors or reverse camera and what not (doesn't mean I don't miss those [glasses]). Once you get behind the wheels of the Vento and get her moving, you forget all that. That 1.6 TDI torque monster can make a hooligan out of the most sedate driver and it is very, very hard to not give in to her and floor the throttle leaving long black marks on the tar.
Have loads of fun with her and be safe.

Regards,
Vipin

Top Bottom