My Hyundai Grand Class: Grand i10 Asta Review

Thread Starter #1
I had my Grand i10 Asta white Petrol Delivered this thursday 20th March 2014 and i would like to share my experience how i choose this car to fellow TAI members.

Myself a software engineer with moderate income looking around the cars whatever car runs on the road and imagine myself buying the car.Whenever i move on the road on my black Pulsar 150CC i love watching below cars.BMW,Merc,Jaguar,Audi,Porsche.No way i can buy these.[frustration].Would have bought these if i was a politicians son or son in law:offtopic:
Next comes Skoda,Volkswagen,Chevy Cruze..this is also out of budget..only thing i do i see see them on Roads and inspire myself that one day i need to buy those.

I drive a santro 2002 zip plus which i bought in 2011 from a good maintained owner and i loved this car for first 2 months as it is my first car and felt bored after that as it dont have much features and let me tell you the car is still with me and engine is Awesome and Mileage is very good.

Here comes year 2013 and i desperate to buy a new car as i am not able to run the old car everywhere i go people where looking like why cant you a buy a new car and even my usage also demanded a new one.
Whenever a new launch is made i used to go to showroom and i read reviews about the car for 1-2 weeks then leave.

After Long Wait finally i decided and made my Mind to buy one in Feb 2014 and started Taking Test Drives.

Honda Amaze- Only ENgine is good.I didnt like the interiors and showroom is very near to my home.I went into showroom and was sitting in all cars and nobody cared to ask what do i need and what car i am looking.I walked out as i dont the like car.No offenses
Hone Bri0-I am 6 feet tall and once i sat in the car i felt like i was crushed.I didnt like the backside of the car

Maruti Swift Dzire- Almost Zeroed on this car and i took my family to give booking amount and test drive the car as well.Before reaching Varun Motors i had to stop at
hyundai showroom to just check Grand I10 and me and my wife was floored with features and interiors of the car.I did went to check maruti swift Dzire but my heart is loving Grand so told SA that i will decide in couple of days
Hyundai Grand i10-This has scored in every segment what we are looking at.Nice Interiros,Trusted hyundai Service,prooven VTVT Engine etc[clap]

Why not Swift or Dzire- there are too many on the road and rear seat is not comfortable for rear passengers.Also outdated interiors.

Booking and Test Drive

One fine day i called up KUN UNITED Hyunda and asked for TD of the Sportz Petrol and they said it is available.I reached showroom around 11AM and i asked i wanted to check the Performance of the car on Highway(as i have read
everything about the car on online) .I drove the car for about 15KMS 10KMS on ORR and 5KMS in city and i was impressed with car performance.I noticed that the car tyres badly need a upgrade if your usage is on highways.When i reached speed of 80KMPH tyres noise was clearly audible.Also car is breeze to drive in city and one should be careful while using the brakes.For first 2 times i had a problem once i am used to it i was comfortable.

I gave a booking amount 5K and decided to book ASTA white(PJW).SA said 10 Days of time and i said i am ok with that.

D Day-

I arrived at showroom around 4.30PM and SA was doing some formalities documents Etc.Finally around 5.25PM i took the keys of the car and i cant stop driving the car as its already 5.30PM i had to rush for pooja and need to go home as my 6 Months son started crying

i was very comfortable driving the test drive car but i was bit nervous for the first 2 drives on the car.

Here are my final observations with Car

Pros

1)Car Built Quality is good
2)Interiors are simply amazing
3)Keyless Entry,stop and start Button
4)Refined Cluth and ENgine
5)Good rear Set and Loads of Boot space(For a small family)
6)Gear shift is located at good position
7)Good car for city driving conditions
8)Good Music System
9)Rear parking Sensors

Cons
1)Brakes -One need to get used otherwise it will be zing bang in the traffic
2)A/c Could be better
3)Dead pedal
4)Not Much Color Options can add colors like Sky Blue(color regal edition of swift dzire has),Brick Red.

So far i have done 300KMS on my car and soon i am going to take her for a long drive around 1000KMS with long halts in between.I will share my experiences soon.

This is my first thread excuse me for any mistakes,grammar etc

Re: My Hyundai Grand CLASS

Congratulations Buddy. Welcome to the i10 Family.

Dead Pedal was one of my main concern. But trust me you will get used to it, Like i am now.

For the brakes, Yes i agree. Mine was kind of sloppy at first. I had to tune it when i left it for first service. It is perfect now.

Please do share some snaps of your car.

Last edited:

First of all congratulations for your new car :)
Regarding the brakes of the Grand i10 I completely agree with you there is a high chance of getting your cars rear end banged if you're not used to it, I don't understand why Hyundai has given so sensitive brakes. The brakes are the only reason why I din't bought the car.
And today I took the test drive of the Xcent and I'm pretty impressed with the ride quality and specially the steering wheel feel, not too light like the Grand i10 but again the brakes disappoints me [cry]

Last edited:

Hone Bri0-I am 6 feet tall and once i sat in the car i felt like i was crushed.I didnt like the backside of the car
Hi bhabeam.
First of all congrats on your car. No probs in dreaming of owning the car you see on roads(jags,audi...). I am again one of those too.

BTW I am 6 feet and 2 inches. I find myself more comfortable in the brio. The rear design is a love or hate kind. I agree

@bhabeam : What is your car's VIN (month/year) ? Do you have the battery drain issue, poor AC, poor stock ICE, etc issues with this car?

And if you can share what was the OTR price you paid and any offer/discount/goodies you got from the dealer?

Last edited:
@bhabeam - congrats on your new car. You were mentioning about the A/C. Can you comment more on that. How fast is the cooling of the car during or after noon. Is there a way to find out how much cc is the A/C compressor? Looking for your input on this. I am very much interested to buy Grand i10, but negative comments about A/C is a deal breaker for me.

Also do post pics of your new car.

Thread Starter #8

Hi bhabeam.
First of all congrats on your car. No probs in dreaming of owning the car you see on roads(jags,audi...). I am again one of those too.

BTW I am 6 feet and 2 inches. I find myself more comfortable in the brio. The rear design is a love or hate kind. I agree

Hi Ajay,

May be seat adjustment was not correct when i sat in BRIO.

Thread Starter #9

@bhabeam : What is your car's VIN (month/year) ? Do you have the battery drain issue, poor AC, poor stock ICE, etc issues with this car?

And if you can share what was the OTR price you paid and any offer/discount/goodies you got from the dealer?

Mine is Feb 2014 Make.Till now i didnt face battery drain issue i left it idle for 10 days no Issue found.
Yes A/C is OK compared to swift or other cars i would rate 7 out of 10 and swift 10/10(Rating is only for A/C)

i got 2 din audio system and am happy with that.Music lovers need to upgrade to JBL or other brand Speakers.

Here is the break up of
Grand i10 Solid Asta VTVT
Ex Showroom Price-516271
Life Tax-61960
Facilitation charges-8950
Insurance-ICICI Lombard -18000(Did it myself from Web) saved 2500 here.Zero dep policy

SA told me he will get me FloorMats,Teflon,antirust Coating and Fabric Seat Covers after so much negotiation.
They expected that i will get insurance from them .
After intial PDI i asked i dont want teflon for that i asked for car cover he didnt give me
also instead of fabric seat cover i asked for Leather for that they charged me a BOMB of 7500(as they have to give me fabric worth 4500 they deducted same) and i paid 3000[frustration]
BTW i didn't go for Teflon coating from them as its no of no USE.I am going with 3M paint essential which is costing 3000 bucks

Thread Starter #11
@bhabeam - congrats on your new car. You were mentioning about the A/C. Can you comment more on that. How fast is the cooling of the car during or after noon. Is there a way to find out how much cc is the A/C compressor? Looking for your input on this. I am very much interested to buy Grand i10, but negative comments about A/C is a deal breaker for me.

Also do post pics of your new car.

I am going through the manual to find out the compressor CC but not able to figure it out.Also googled for about 20 mins but its still a mystery[surprise]
I travel to office around 2PM daily and it does take time to cool.May be this time summer is very hot its 41 now in HYD .
Car takes around 8-10 mins to completely cool the cabin .

Grand i10 is good package and if A/C is deal breaker i request you to walk to nearest showroom and take TD in afternoon

I am going on long drive 2 mrw and i will share my car pics once i am back

I found that Grand's Ac is not much effective, It takes some time to chill the cabin. Also Santro & i20 have better Ac cooling.
One of our TAI friend maneesh846u has told that Grand is equipped with Eon's 60CC compressor. Don't know exactly[confused]

Facilitation charges-8950 ...
BTW i didn't go for Teflon coating ....
I am going with 3M paint essential
Thank you for your inputs.

I have been quoted same by Kun Hyundai, but I have read somewhere that, SC has already said that this "Facilitation Charges" is COMPLETELY illegal. This is the money dealers are looting from customers in broad day light [frustration] and surprisingly the car companies are silent on it !!!

They say its the cost incurred by transporting the vehicle from stockyard to showroom. Can you believe Rs 9,000/- for this .... really ???
Sorry being ignorant, what is the purpose of Teflon coating and what is the advantage of 3M paint over Teflon coating ?
Final: Why did you opt for solid color instead of metallic ?Any specific reason ?

Last edited:
I am going through the manual to find out the compressor CC but not able to figure it out.Also googled for about 20 mins but its still a mystery[surprise]
I travel to office around 2PM daily and it does take time to cool.May be this time summer is very hot its 41 now in HYD .
Car takes around 8-10 mins to completely cool the cabin .

Grand i10 is good package and if A/C is deal breaker i request you to walk to nearest showroom and take TD in afternoon

I am going on long drive 2 mrw and i will share my car pics once i am back
Thanks. Waiting for more updates and pics from your end.

Thank you for your inputs.

I have been quoted same by Kun Hyundai, but I have read somewhere that, SC has already said that this "Facilitation Charges" is COMPLETELY illegal. This is the money dealers are looting from customers in broad day light [frustration] and surprisingly the car companies are silent on it !!!

They say its the cost incurred by transporting the vehicle from stockyard to showroom. Can you believe Rs 9,000/- for this .... really ???
Sorry being ignorant, what is the purpose of Teflon coating and what is the advantage of 3M paint over Teflon coating ?
Final: Why did you opt for solid color instead of metallic ?Any specific reason ?
Even i was also surprised to see this cost which comes under "Other Charges" or "Handling Cost". Last month when i visited Kothari Hyundai (Kharadi - Pune) they have mentioned it as Rs.6000 [surprise]

Top Bottom