Suzuki Alto (2007) From Philippines

Thread Starter #1
We bought this car as second hand, I must say the price over the maintenance is very reasonable.

Odometer is at 45000+
Afterwards, modifications/personal touches were made also some minor fixes.

Here are some pics of the car after we have it

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

and here some after several weeks later

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

and here are the most recent

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0732.jpg

Fixes and replacement;

replace resonator = rattling sound is being heard while on low rpm/torque, problem was the pipe inside is rusted and was blown away up to the muffler, repair man had to put holes on each muffler's section to remove the trapped metal pieces and seal it back. Muffler is still good and is made from stainless steel.

Key lock = Replaced it with a SOLEX brand to avoid theft.

Aux fan = had to put another intake fan to help with cooling down A/C's condenser and help with engine temp. The stock configuration is already great, but adding 1 won't hurt and will benefit in the long run specially in heavy traffic in summer. With this, A/C reaches its set temp in less then the usual time.

Up coming project/s
Tachometer
New RIMS
add 2 more door switches for the light
find where's the leak on my a/c system
fog / running lights
remote rear door opener
car alarm
LED instrumentation lights
body job (some dents and scratches isn't really noticeable except when you look at it closely, first owner didn't even bother to have it repaired..[angry])

We're using this for 3 months now and we are very happy with it. Its at 50000 at odo now and will do the change oil and regular replacement of air and gas filter. But where can I find the gas filter? where is that located?[confused]

Last edited:
Re: 2007 Alto I've bought for my wife

Hmm, nice looking alto. Those back seat head rests are looking cool which are missing in Indian version Alto. Happy to know that you are maintaining your car well. Best of luck for your mods.keep posting. Please share some more pics of interior of car.[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3

You guys dont have those in India? Here we don't have the emblems like the LXi or LX and aftr market accessories are really hard to find

Hi,
congratulations on your Alto. Gifting to Wife is always a great feeling. [:)]
What was the Car behind the Alto?

Thread Starter #5
Hi,
congratulations on your Alto. Gifting to Wife is always a great feeling. [:)]
What was the Car behind the Alto?
It's our family van

Toyota Lite-ace Limited edition

We had great time and experience with that van, today the van needs some body repairs but engine condition is at its best I really love that VAN[;)]

BTW, wife is loving the car (alto) but she needs more practice on driving

I need help on where to attach the other wire for the tachometer?

The usual wiring is;

1 = ground
2 = + (ignition switch)
3 = lights
4 = sensor (now where will I tap this wire? to have the RPM reading?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
Just installed new tachometer, thanks to the guidance of people who pointed me to the right thread.

1781173_10201676030409885_568760196_o.jpg
Also the backlight of the instrumentation has been replaced with LED (white). I was expecting to have it all white, but to my surprise it turns to green, while the LCD is now white. I think its the film it self.

I wonder, is there a way for me to remove that green to make it white? Is it true that sanding it with the sand paper will work?

Thread Starter #9
Thanks! I will try this.
Have you tried this on your own? I'm a little out of confident to do this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
I see, and I must say, you do a pretty well job, very neat and detailed.
Any advise before I start on sanding mine? and this also applies to the temp and tank gauge?

Thread Starter #12
Hi,

Anyone can tell me how to replace the bulb of AC control? When ever I wanted to do so, there are alot of things that I need to remove just to access to bulb holder. Can I just reach it or removing the whole control is the only way?

Thread Starter #13
Got new set of wheels and a pair of tire. I had a blown tire and had to buy 2 pcs to even out my rubber.

Along with the upgrade. I bought a set of mud guards to fit on the Alto. Unfortunately there's no available in our market here so I bought a universal mud guard for Toyota LandCruiser FJ old model. Just traced the holes for the Alto and drilled the flaps.

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0766.jpg

Originally, the rear side has only two holes, and a gap is visible after installing the flaps. Drilling is necessary to fix the gap. Also, you can see the Toyota marking.
DSC_0765.jpg

Here how it looks like for the front.
DSC_0770.jpg

From the rear, Alto just looks like a Rally car.
DSC_0763.jpg

The day after the installation of the new tires, wheels and mud flaps, I decided to paint the brake calipers, drums brakes and fix the rear mud flap gap.

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

Car just passed 51k on odo and replaced the oil and air filter. I used the 10-40w oil. After that the car feel much littler to accelerate.

Here

Top Bottom