2nd Service updates: Concerns/Issues highlighted,
1. Occasional hissing noise from rear AC on the floor console
Fix: TAS says this is common in Storme, no need to worry.
2. Black powder deposit on both the front wheels.
Fix: TAS didn’t see any issues with the break pad wear pattern. They says brake bite on the front is higher than rear and that could be the reason. No need to worry
3. Rattling noise from the jump seat area, front left and rear doors. Bell noise from the seatbelt height adjuster.
Fix: Adjustments done. Bell noise from seatbelt height adjuster remains as it is. This was highlighted in first service as well.
There are two metal pins on either side of the jump seats which slides through the guide slots while folding the seats. Gap between the pin and slot is bit on the higher side due to alignment issue on the left seat. TAS diagnosed the jump seat rattling to this and suggested to use insulation tapes on the pins as a quick fix.
Guide slots and metal pin
DIY. Insulation tape applied on the metal pin
4. Hard suspension:
Two of the shocks were started leaking. They replaced all the four shocks and rear springs under warranty.
Following items were replaced:
1. M/S GABRIEL ASSY S/A W SPRING-FRONT SUSP. Unit Price Rs 3875.11 (Front Struts comes with springs)
2. SHOCK ABSORBER REAR M/S GABRIEL OF MERL. Unit price rs 2317.9
3. SPRING REAR SUSPENSION 4X4 FOR MERLIN. Unit Price Rs 1288.21
Wheel alignment and balancing not done because they are not part of second service schedule. I got this done outside. Vehicles feels smother than before. Rattling’s disappeared in the city ride for now. However now I have a bird squawk noise from the central console area.
Didn’t drive much after the sec service. Need to check the suspension and rattling on the bad roads during the long trip to my native scheduled in sec week of April.
TAS is very responsive and supportive in addressing customer concerns and issues.
Illuminated central console in the EX