Let me quickly summarize my XUV experience before i make the pics talk about the whole trip. Drive/Comfort:
- Only two of us traveled. Drive was excellent, i didn't rev more than 1500 RPM until odo clocked 1000kms. Later i went up to 2000 to 2200 RPM.
- Drive was pleasant, smooth acceleration, no engine noise inside cabin. Engine responds to acceleration every moment very closely.
- Suspension is too good in highway.
- Seating position was great, didn't felt adjusting my body during the whole trip which i earlier do in my swift.
- Best road grip, and no radial noise at all. Cruise:
- Used cruise after 1000km mark. Effectively utilized it, set it at 120kmph. Lazy cruising, whenever there are vehicles at all lanes and requires to slow down just pressed clutch to disengage cruise and wait for vehicle to give way, on getting way press 'resume' to get back to 120kmph smoothly without pressing accelerator pedal.
- I found the "resume' option to be more useful to reach back to original speed effortlessly. Felt like someone driving for me
- In top gear (6th) always i slowed down up to 50kmph and pressed 'resume' to reach back to 120kmph at same gear which is like driving Automatic gear car. Braking:
Felt very effective for smooth and hard braking Hill hold/hill descend:
Tried all this options while driving in hill station.
- Hill hold i normally get benefited city traffic itself in flyovers etc. Found the similar usage in hilly roads as well.
- Hill descend used at some places where road was steep. It maintains speed according to the gear. Can be used if the steep road is well laid without any potholes. If road is not good, then manual breaking is only useful. Fuel efficiency:
- Driving at speed of 80 to 100kmph from Bangalore to Salem in NH7 got FE about 16.5 kmpl (DIS, not manually calculated).
- In ghat roads got around ~13.5kmpl. GPS
Need to be mentioned, great guide for the whole trip. Every sightseeing spot we searched using POI(Point of Interest) option and got navigated to the place. No instance of waiting for gps signal etc Steering
- What else to say , in ghat road i drove like a hatchback, never ever felt it as big car.
- Felt a mild steering vibration more than 120kmph. T
he steering vibration pattern is like left-right left-right left-right. As some ppl mentioned in earlier threads, i believe it could be due to wheel alignment. I will make sure the wheel alignment done from outside before my next trip to see the difference. I welcome any inputs/suggestions on this.