Brought Home Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol Pure White

Thread Starter #1
Brought Home a Grand I10 Asta (O)finally on Feb 3rd.

This is basically about my buying experience .

As my monthly running would be under 200 kms and mostly within city, I chose a petrol hatch. After scrutinizing few hatches and after taking valuable advice from this forum I finally zeroed in on Grand I10 Sportz. The on Road price (Kochi) was around Rs 5,49,000/-. No discounts as it is a new model. After coming home and pondering over the decesion I finally chose to go for Asta (O). The on road price for Asta was quoted as Rs 6,24,000/-. For all metallic colors other than white you have to shell additional Rs.5000/-

The Asta (O) comes with
14" Alloys
ABS
Dual Airbags
Steering mounted controls
1 GB internal memory

and such features .

Booked Pure White Asta paying a token advance of Rs.5000/- from VTJ Hyundai, Kochi. (Jan 1st week ).The SA came home and collected cash and promised me delivery within 7 days and promised me 2014 model. (One 2013 model Asta was available in stock and VTJ offered a cash discounts of Rs.5000/- or accesories worth Rs. 7500/-. I had refused the offer). One week passed 10 days passed two week passed by and no news. Occasionally The SA would call to tell me that the car is just shipped from Chennai plant and should be here in two days and so on. After another two three days he again called to say the price of all models have been hiked to the tune of 10,000 -15,000. I was very furious because at the time of my first showroom Visit SA and his Team leader were very keen to get me book the car at the earliest so that I could take delivery before price hike.

It was Jan end and still no car. My loan with SBI (10.75% int) was passed and VTJ guys knew this and would call me asking if they can collect the cheque. I said money will not be transferred unless I physically see the car and do a PDI also asked for VIN number if my car is shipped. I think that worked. In a couple of days car arrived and had first glimpse of car. Car was delivered to me on 3rd Feb finally. The on road price came to around Rs 6,36,000/- .(underbody coating included.) Nothing was given free except Foot mats. not even mud flaps.

Despite all this I would recommend VTJ as the overall experience was a pleasant
one. Posting some pics for you . driving expereince and ownership review will follow.

The better quality pics are more than 1 MB in size and could not be uploaded.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Brought Home Grand i10 Asta (O) Petrol Pure White.

Hi,
Congratulations on your New Grand i10. Hyundai cars interior dash lighting will be very beautiful in that Blue and white shade.
Wishes to clock many more miles. Enjoy your Drive.

Congrats buddy. Looking forward for more updates from you on the driving and ownership experience.

Congratulation [drive][cheers]. Asta (o) good looks, great features. Specially Dual airbags, Steering mounted audio & phone controls, 14" diamond cut alloys, push button start stop, smart key, rear spoiler & wiper, electrical foldable ORVM.
Enjoy your ride.

Congratulations on your new car . I remember following your car selection thread .
Drive Safe !

Heartiest congratulations on your new grand.Wish you many happy miles with it.
Do post some interiors pictures as well.

Congratulation mate [clap], my friend also got his Grand I10 sports (P) yesterday. I was with him for the delivery. Car is good and the ride quality very smooth.
Since I drive a diesel car (Figo), after driving his car, when i drove my car I felt like what all those noise my car making, but now I am again OK with the noise[lol] .

Top Bottom