Here is my first ever ownership review on TAI
, After a long n trust worthy experience with our 1st car which is Alto LXI(March 2006) the time demanded a new car as the old car was aging fast. The hunt for a new car began in sept-13 which was followed by number of TD's of cars from different brand. Alto served us very well but than we needed a new n luxurious car for future handling. the second car has to be petrol as we are moving on with Alto so chance of diesel car was out of mind (our average running per month is 600-700km) n even if i divide 700km amongst the 2 cars the answer was clearly pointing towards the petrol car.
My basic requirement from the new car was....it should be spacious, built with features, decent boot n necessary safety features, should accommodate 5 adults easily.
the options which were included before finalizing i20 was
1. Grand i10 Asta: liked the overall design n built of the car but then it was rejected due to the feeling of a small car.
2. Swift ZXI : Petrol engine is smooth n performs well but Rear seat are not spacious to sit n boot is hardly practical to use hence rejected.
3. Amaze : was not much impressed by the shape of this car and front seats are very simple to my liking.
4. Verna SX VTVT : Liked the car but somehow have to stretch budget n dad also felt the car is bit long so rejected.
5. i20 Asta 1.2 : loved the overall performance of the car, the super silent engine, gear shifting is butter smooth space is very decent n boot can swallow lots of luggage...Hence zeroed down to i20. One thing i observed with i20 n grand is that the width of the rear seat in i20 is equal to that of the grand even though i20's width dimension is larger than the grand...strange!
After Long search on internet and seeking info from i20 owners in and around the city here comes the month of December....The December delight offer of Hyundai and the ideal time for the purchase. Had a visit to the showroom(Panchavati & Ujjwal) and finalized the deal from panchavati Hyundai as its service center is near to our residence(both showroom were quoting almost the same discount n price). Took couple of trip to stock yard to check the vehicle n than Booked the car on 18th DEC and planned to take delivery in the new year, the 2nd JAN-14. Had a confusion of colour between White & Silver but settled for White, I was in a double mind going for the Asta(O) variant, but then a waiting period of almost 20 days n booking amount of 2lakhs was the point of concern so have to let it go...
After the new year celebration here comes the delivery day, the day for which me & my bro(Aditya) was eagerly waiting for. My family together with some of are relatives was ready to bring home our second new car. Some of us including me went in alto n others in auto
. Dad completed all the formalities while we were having a close look over the new car. A total of 23 deliveries were scheduled on that specific day so the executive was hurrying us with the delivery, still we got a good service. Enough said, now let me go through the Likes & dislikes at the 1st impression.
1. Super light steering, easy to handle(Dont find any issues with the feedback from steering)
2. Twin barrel headlights, gives more confidence during night driving
3. Bluetooth connectivity
4. Super silent Engine & butter like gear shifting
5. Spacious Cabin & Very comfortable feel inside.
6. Button folding mirrors, very useful in tight parking spots
7. Good coverage from the ORVM's and cabin rear view mirror, makes reversing a less painful.
1. A bit lack in power on inclined roads below 2000 RPM
2. No auto up/down power window function for co-driver.
3. Rear door panels are plain, no magazine or cup holder
4. DTE, Average fuel consumption missing.
Till now the car has clocked 442km. Got Body cover and steel door scuff plates installed from the showroom itself.
Below are some pics of my new ride, will keep the post updated as the car rides further KM's.
Any Suggestion or queries are mostly welcome.
Will upload more Pics Shortly!!!