Honda Brio VX MT - Cute Yet Powerful

Thread Starter #1
Background:-

In Year 2012, when i am in my b.tech 3rd year thought of buying bike for me and expressed my wish to dad and instantly he rejected it because of safety. After a month,he gave an offer for me to buy a car instead of bike[:D] But the car should have all the safety features within a budget of 7 lakhs (OTR Price). But as a student i like only powerful cars [evil]

My Expectations From the Car:-

1.Safety(ABS and Airbags is must)
2.Powerful Engine
3.Space and Quality

Contenders:-

1.Swift Zxi
2.Brio V/VX
3.i20 Sportz(P)
4.Figo Titanium(D)

1.Swift Zxi(TD Vehicle):-

Pros:
1.Excellent Engine
2.Smooth Gear Box

Cons:
1.Rear Space
2.Visibilty
3.Dark Interiors
4.Quality

3.I20(Friend's car):-

Pros:
1.Very Spacious
2.Features

Cons:
1.Though the car has good bhp on papers,i felt the car struggled when moving on slopes
2.Somehow Didn't enjoy the car(no offence to i20 owners)

Figo Titanium Diesel(Friend's Car):-

Pros:
1.Space
2.I love this steering
3.Visibility

Cons:
1.Ground Clearance
2.Noisy Engine

Finalized Car:- Maruti Swift Zxi

When I went to martuti showroom no SA has welcomed us and then had test drive and booked the car by paying 5000 INR. They didn't offer any discounts and by having a 10 minutes of argument,finally he agreed to give freebies worth of 2500 INR

The Twist:-

I didn't had a test drive of Honda Brio earlier. My Parents are not happy to have swift because of rear space,common on roads and the main reason the treatment of Maruti SA
Next Day, I saw the ownership review of TAI Member Ajay Sreedhar and called Honda showroom,Madhapur and asked for TD.After 30 minutes I reached showroom,Welcomed by SA and explained me about the car for 5 minutes,then left to TD.

To my Surprise, i felt brio is spacious when compared to swift and rear space is also better than swift. Engine sound is almost idle though i felt gearbox is not smooth as swift.Road grip of brio is ahead when compared with swift and finalised on brio. We paid booking amount of 22,000INR and cancelled swift

Waiting Time:-

SA informed me there is a waiting period for Brio VX MT White of 30 days. Loan Process is very bad due to honda SA. I will write a new post in dealership review later

Quoted Price:- 6.53L(November 2013)
Final OTR Price:- 6.23L

Initial Impressions:-

Pros:-

1.Excellent Looks(love the rear look)
2.Smooth i-vtec Engine
3.Good Quality Interiors
4.Space
5.Ground Clearance

Cons:-
1.Gear Shift is not smooth
2.Mileage
3.Bumpy Ride on uneven roads

Mileage:-
Initially,when i have driven the car from showroom to house(heavy traffic) it gave me 7.1Kmpl with almost half of the time "ECO" is on.
After 50-100kms,it gave me 8.3kmpl and now at 378Kms its shows 9.9 kmpl

Please advice me how to increase mileage [confused]

Finally Thanks For TAI Members for helping me to buy this cute compact car.
Special Thanks to:- Sudeep Roy

Thread Starter #2
Re: Honda Brio Vx Mt- Cute Yet Powerful

Finally pics of my cute brio[:D]

Attachments

First and foremost, congrats on your smooth ride. Its definitely gona b happy day ahead [;)]

For good FE,

- No Adrenalin rush in break-in period (5k kms)

- Drive with light foot, and in ECO mode AMAP

- Fill clean fuel and preferably from same outlet. Maintain Tyre pressure alongside

- Reset trip meter once in 3-4 weeks

- Go for a few long drives (70-100kms) during break-in period, and remember to reset the trip meter on such occasions. Drive in ECO mode.

The notchy gear and low FE is definitely going to improve with every km and service.

Last but not the least, relax and njoy the car which loves you back [:D]

Congratulations for your new Beauty and interesting comparison that you point out about Brio and Swift.. need to take a ride on it for sure now to reflect on it

Congrats. FE is really low but as bReez suggested drive lightly during running-in period. As advised in the Owners Manual, during first 1000 kms, do not accelerate or brake hard. Plus, keep the RPM and speed both light.

My Brio (SMT) has given 19 kmpl during highway trip (320 kms, including some 50 kms in city) and around 14 kmpl in Delhi city driving. It is yet to cover 500 kms and the first service is due this week. I did not cross 80 kmph till now and braked and accelerated very lightly. Regarding notchy gear shifting, yes it is there in my car too but it becomes smoother as the kms pile up.

Heartily Congratulations of your new ride. Have a lots of fun with your I-VTEC. [clap]
Don't worry about the FE, It'll go on increasing as your ride clocks more miles. Just remember one thing Honda's engine are capable of drive in higher gears so drive in as much as higher gear which will results in higher FE.
Enjoy. [:)]

Hearty congrats on your brio. The car looks great in white color. Wish you many more happy miles.

Congrats on the new Brio! [clap]

It looks good in white. Did you get any accessories from Honda guys?

Any modifications, etc planned? What insurance plan have you opted for?

Nice to know that my review has made someone go with the right choice , if not the best. You love it and I am sure it will love you back. Its a cute beast. Super Congos for the purchase. White is a classic color.

For better Mileage dont accelerate hard and don't heavy brake at once. Be light footed. Make sure the RPM remains under 3k for the first 1000 kms (run-in). I would suggest you not to worry of the mileage till 3k kms. It will get better with the services. Till then enjoy your drive.

OT: is that the CMR college ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom