Honda City V MT: From 1st H To 3rd H

Thread Starter #1
The buying Process

The first car we have is the Honda City type 2 1.3Ltrs 2000 year model. and it servers us happily for around 2.5 years, although I know it can easily go for many more years but dad thinks that it's time for a new car. So in the month of April we started our hunt for the new car. As our running is not more than 100 KM per month we are considered only petrol cars.

1. Honda Amaze
One morning we went into the Honda's showroom (Arya Honda, Mumbai) to chicken for Amaze. The experience with the dealership is very nice. They promptly attain us, SA provides all the details regarding car and also offer TD for the car. Since its Honda's most anticipated car for the year he quoted maximum 1 month of waiting period for the top variant for manual transmission. I drove the vehicle it feels nice to drive, the response from the engine is also very good but somehow I feel its not that much powerful as my type 2, the reason is oblivious which is the small engine of Amaze as compare to city. The rear legroom is also fine for us with considerable boot space. Collected the finance quote, brouchers, pricelist and left the showroom. Nothing decided yet, as other contenders were yet to be driven.

2. Hyundai Fluidic Verna
One of my friend have Verna so many times I drove the car. The looks are impressive to anyone but not for me. Offence to the other members, I preferred simple lines over those fluidc lines. Car have many features as like any other Hyundai car but the suspension of the car is too soft and create the effect like boat which i hated. and rear comfort is also not that much as we get in our City so verna goes out of the list meanwhile got the call from Honda regarding Amaze, we told them we yet finalize our design.

3. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
After some initial research on internet landed up in Maruti’s dealership for Ertiga. Saw demo car. Looks are nice and it’s hard to believe that the dimensions of the car are identical to City. Rejected due to small petrol engine and when 3rd row is folded down it limits the legroom of the 2nd row.

4. Honda City
After driving City type 2 for almost two and half years we know many of the things of the city although we are considering 3rd generation, the basic DNA is same. So headed back towards Honda showroom and ask for the City, SA provides some information regarding the features, offers going on and about the finance options. He also offers TD, we drove the vehicle and its final that we are going for the city only.

Booking & Delivery Experience
After a week of TD we went to showroom to book a car, as dad don’t like to temper with any of the system we preferred top variant. By paying initial 1 Lakh we booked Carnelian Red Pearl V MT 18th August 2013. SA quotes about 8,9 days for all the finance and registration procedure. So decides to take the deliver on 28th. The booking experience is very nice the staff of Arya Honda is treated to their customers as like family members and provides all necessary help.
Meanwhile sold type 2 on OLX where I got much better deal compare to Honda Auto terrace. It’s very sad moment for me to say bye to my type 2. [cry]

We choose SBI for finance and the service is very impressive, they have disbursed loan amount within four days after initial application.

SA is in continues with in touch with all the detailed progress report on the car. I have told him that will come in the evening to get the delivery of the car at around 7 PM. On the D day we landed up in the showroom with our two friends, by the time we reach at the showroom it’s almost dark and it is not possible to down any kind of PDI on car’s body works and car is at service center only getting TLC. (The space of the showroom is not very big as all the people expect and they have service center located around 10KM far from showroom). So I asked SA that I want to do PDI at the service center only where I can see the car perfectly under proper lights he promptly agreed and take us at the service center by TD car. After all the PDI done we got the delivery of the car at around 9 PM.

The total OTR price for the car is 10,58,000 with free insurance and 10,000 cash discount.

Freebies offered:
1.Floor and trunk mat
2.Car body cover
3.Mirror locks
4.Car perfume
5.Engine light

Accessories picked up from the local accessory shop:
1.Car seat cover (Artificial leather)

Upgrades Planned:
1.Philips X-Treme Vision Headlight Bulbs
2.CASKA digital set

Likes in the car (Overall including interiors, exteriors and performance):
•Linear power delivery
•Spot on steering response
•Silk smooth engine, sometimes I end up cranking an on engine
•Acres of space for back benchers too, comfort for third person due to almost flat floor
•Love the Arrow Shot Design, u can’t say that this design is existed from last 5 years
•Increased ground clearance, means no more scrapping from below
•Comfort is unmatched
•Air-condition is very powerful
•Cruise Control is Boon to use (In city also)
•3 Step door open and close
•ICE is too good as OEM
•Uncompromising Safety Features (Airbags, ABS with EBD), G-Con, etc.

What’s missed & disliked:
•Auto folding mirrors (Jazz and now even the Amaze have them)
•Doors don’t auto lock
•ACC and Bluetooth Audio System
•Doesn’t give average fuel consumption on main Odometer
•Weak headlights, weak horn
•Spare wheel is not an alloy
•Blue illumination for the speedometer console, however Orange illumination for the centre console.

Average getting:
In high traffic condition 10.8 to 11.5 (100% AC on)
On highway, yet to be tested but on short run I got around 14 to 16.

Thanks for reading, your inputs would be highly appreciated, as this is the first time I am posting on the forum. It would also definitely help me improve my writing style. [:)]

Here are the some pictures of my car while taking the delivery. [:)] Sorry for the clarity as its night time.

Regards,
HaruH

Attachments

Re: Honda City V MT From 1st H to 3rd H

congratulations on your honda city and being a satisfied honda ivtec previous owner its difficult to match up with the same comfort as what city offers.
Wishing you many happy miles with it and do share pictures.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Honda City V MT From 1st H to 3rd H

congratulations on your honda city and being a satisfied honda ivtec previous owner its difficult to match up with the same comfort as what city offers.
Wishing you many happy miles with it and do share pictures.
Thanks a lot vijay. [:)] Absolutely when you get addicted to product like city it's impossible to look at other who are not completing that usual needs.

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Harshad

Enjoyed reading your pre-buying experience.

Congratulations! Great choice of color - Habanero Red , the wonderful color will surely make heads turn.

Enjoy the car and the every moment.

It is nice to see more threads on ANHC .

Keep sharing; there is always something there to learn from others.

All the very best to you.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #5
Dear Harshad

Enjoyed reading your pre-buying experience.

Congratulations! Great choice of color - Habanero Red , the wonderful color will surely make heads turn.

Enjoy the car and the every moment.

It is nice to see more threads on ANHC .

Keep sharing; there is always something there to learn from others.

All the very best to you.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thank you so much sir for your wishes. I have learn a lot from your thread regarding mods and hope that it'll continues. Yes truly it's a head turner specially girls. [;)]. Yes it feels nice to read many threads on ANHC. Will share my service and other experience with car in future. [:)]

Congrats on Your New i-vtec Haruh!!

Looks incredibly gorgeous [:D]

Btw, i can see mist inside both of your headlights. Did you show them that ? I noticed it on all your pics. I Own an Amaze and had the same problem on my Left Headlight and changed the headlights on warranty. Mist on the headlights are surely an eyesore[cry]

anyway pour more pics of the interior and the features, waiting for another awesome thread[clap]

Thread Starter #7
Congrats on Your New i-vtec Haruh!!

Looks incredibly gorgeous [:D]

Btw, i can see mist inside both of your headlights. Did you show them that ? I noticed it on all your pics. I Own an Amaze and had the same problem on my Left Headlight and changed the headlights on warranty. Mist on the headlights are surely an eyesore

anyway pour more pics of the interior and the features, waiting for another awesome thread[clap]
Thank you so much.

Yes man it's there on itself D day, but after 2,3 days its vanished but for still safer side i asked service adviser while opting 1st service. He told me that currently there is nothing so he can't do anything for it if it happens again during the next rainy season he'll find out the solution on it. His answer is not much promising but still i have to agree with him because after D day there is nothing.
I guess it occurs due to imperfect packing of headlights and the temperature difference between outside temperature and inside temperature of light housing. Want your comment on that. [:)]

I am following your thread regularly, like your all mods and the way you did those. Specially that Door Stills, they looks fabulous. I want those for my car but fearing to do so because not having that much experience and again warranty issue.

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

Yes man it's there on itself D day, but after 2,3 days its vanished but for still safer side i asked service adviser while opting 1st service. He told me that currently there is nothing so he can't do anything for it if it happens again during the next rainy season he'll find out the solution on it. His answer is not much promising but still i have to agree with him because after D day there is nothing.
I guess it occurs due to imperfect packing of headlights and the temperature difference between outside temperature and inside temperature of light housing. Want your comment on that.

I am following your thread regularly, like your all mods and the way you did those. Specially that Door Stills, they looks fabulous. I want those for my car but fearing to do so because not having that much experience and again warranty issue.
Next time when you find mist in the Headlight's do capture some pictures . Take close up pics and then long shot's including your number plate to make them convince and not to come up with some other reason's. You can strictly ask for a warranty change of headlight if you got these proof.And surely they are responsible to make the customer happy[;)]

Thanks a lot [:)] Never ever cut the stock wire's for any of your Mod's. Then you are definitely on the safer side [cheers]

Thread Starter #9
Next time when you find mist in the Headlight's do capture some pictures . Take close up pics and then long shot's including your number plate to make them convince and not to come up with some other reason's. You can strictly ask for a warranty change of headlight if you got these proof.And surely they are responsible to make the customer happy

Thanks a lot Never ever cut the stock wire's for any of your Mod's. Then you are definitely on the safer side

Okay, Thanks a lot for advice will do the same if i spotted that next time. [:)]

Regarding mod need to develop some dare.. [glasses]

Thread Starter #10
Here are some more shots of my baby.. [clap]

While installing the seat covers and in the parking lot wearing her cover and some random once. [:)] Hope you like those.

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
And products which I use to detailed my car with the result of those products. Very satisfying. [:D] What say???

This job was done after two and half months, resulted into scratch-less showroom condition. [clap][:)]

And one secrete trick or feature of the OEM HU.

Attachments

Hey HarruH, congratulations for your new ride, city is a great car and fun to drive. As you went for seatcovers and some other accessories, i would suggest you to also go in for reverse parking sensors as it doesnt cost much but are of a big convinience and safety in city like mumbai.

And do post some interior pics too with new seat covers and dashboard.

Last edited:
@HaruH

Congrats for your New City buddy !! most reliable petrol car in the segment. That color looks really nice and aggressive too. I wish you many more happy miles with it.

Just a pointer, the new facelifted city is coming in Jan'14 which looks superb to me, so you could have waited for it.

Thread Starter #14
Hey HarruH, congratulations for your new ride, city is a great car and fun to drive. As you went for seatcovers and some other accessories, i would suggest you to also go in for reverse parking sensors as it doesnt cost much but are of a big convinience and safety in city like mumbai.

And do post some interior pics too with new seat covers and dashboard.
Thank you so much. Actually my plan is to fit Casaka HU which supports rear view camera so the plan of sensor is on hold.

Yes will surely post interior pics soon. [:)]

@HaruH

Congrats for your New City buddy !! most reliable petrol car in the segment. That color looks really nice and aggressive too. I wish you many more happy miles with it.

Just a pointer, the new facelifted city is coming in Jan'14 which looks superb to me, so you could have waited for it.

Thanks a lot dude.. Actually I also like the new city but when we bought the car there nothing clear from Honda regarding new city launch date, only thing know is that it'll be launched in the Auto expo or after that but they lunched car very soon. But no regrets at all as 3rd gen is superb in many aspects & nothing much change except dashboard and addition of features in 4th gen.

Last edited:

Top Bottom