Hello everyone. I am Anant from Delhi, an IT Geek. I love the modifying things..like I have done many things to my laptop and desktop computer. I do like the cars and scooty. My father is in Government job so we were used to move from place to place. When we reached Bareilly, my father got the promotion and he became an officer. So there were parties in every few weeks, a type of get together in Officers Mess. We only had a scooter which is with us today too (Bajaj Super). So there was a need for a car. We all decided for Santro but Dad planned for Maruti 800 [Year 2005].
When I first saw the car, I was so happy, it was shining and the first thing I did was to read the whole owner's manual. I was in school at that time. So the time passed by, and after an year, I learned how to drive the car on my own. Years passed by and now we have settled in Delhi. The car has passed to me as my father dont feel comfortable in driving.
The car has few dents as everyone in home learned the car driving on this car only. Its almost 8 years and the car is still shining like a new one. Many people say me that why do you keep upgrading this car, you should go for a new car its too old now. Sometimes it makes me feel a little sad but then I visit this forum and it makes me feel proud to be the owner of this car. It has run 24000kms till now.
So ever since I started driving this car, stopping the car has been a serious issue. Once I took the car at 135km/h speed and then what I felt was that I have no brakes in the car. The car is having everything which is of stock, no mods at all. So I thought that it would be great if I do some R&D on the car
. Many of the mods on the car are those which I want to do on my own but I am afraid that I might damage the car. I came here so that someone can guide and help me in order to get the best output from the car.
Few problems that I found in the car:
1. Brakes issue - You cannot stop the car easily without tyres screeching.
2. Side mirrors - Side mirrors bolt gets loosen up too quickly and while in the market or in huge traffic, people and bikers hit the mirrors and then I have to re-do the setting which is not comfy.
3. Gears problem - Whenever I shift the gear to first or reverse, or shifting down from 2nd to 1st, firstly, it will refuse to go and then it creates an annoying sound..donno why
4. Silencer sound - The silencer of the car keeps on giving cranking sound effect while the car is in neutral.
5. Carpet inside the car always get disoriented from its position.
6. Something loose in the dashboard which keeps on giving rattling sounds while driving.
7. Windows roller of driver side is free, dont know whether it can be fixed or not.
Here are few snapshots of the car. I took these photos in the street as the car is parked in the basement and there is not enough lightning in the basement.