My Experiences with My Maruti 800 (SB308) - My First Car

Thread Starter #1
The journey began with thoughts of owning a car which will suit my needs of practicing with a car that will be easy to learn and easy on the pocket too. With loads of free time in hand, I set out my search. I did not know any dealer. So I set my self to buying a car through online portal like olx. I had bought preowned stuff though olx like bikes and other small items and had a very good experience.

Started searching for a car within my budget of 1 lakh and the obvious choice was a maruti. At first I was not inclined on 800 and was keen on a old 2002-2003 alto or wagonr with a 10-20 k stretch in my budget. I searched though olx and could not find alto or wagonr in that range

Then shortlisted a few, but the problem was it was my first car and I did not know any thing about it and was afraid of being sold a lemon. So enter my trusted cousin from mysore. He said he will help me in the search. He used to buy cars from bangalore and selling it in mysore after using it for sometime. So using his experience, one weekend I shortlisted few cars and set out in my cousin brother vehicle to see the car.

1) 800 5 speed 2005 model. Liked the car but it was a rusted and bubbles formed everywhere. It was used in coastal area extensively. Wanted to finalise but owner was haggling for 1k so left it and had no AC.

2) 800 4 speed Nov 2001 model with AC. Liked the car, it was a gem, very clean. It also had a tiny bubble rust in two places. But my cousin told that engine was fine and was run only 35000k km. Owner had many cars so has this in the garage for a long time. So finalized this car, payed the money and my cousin called his friend to drive the car home as I was scared to drive in the traffic. I had only the skills which were taught in driving school . The owner told he will transfer the vehicle in my name himself. So bought the 800 home.

So finally owned this car

Specification
Maruti 800, MPFI with AC
SB 308, Bharat 2
Transmission : 4 speed gear box
Color : Coral Beige
HeadLights : Lumax 90/100

no modification no accessories

So let me present my car

More experiences to follow

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: My experiences with my Maruti 800(SB308) - My First Car

Welcome to the 800 club !! Do post more pic's..

I would advise you to get a brake booster installed for your safety.

Congratulations on the purchase. And as said by Varun Sir, We need PICS PICS PICS !!!!!!!

Hi,
Congratulations on your new buy. Your Car looks cool. 800 is one of the greatest cars from Maruti. The maintanence will be very low compared to the other Cars.
Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

Thread Starter #6
Under body rust
help needed
IMG_20150402_110310.jpg

IMG_20150402_110407.jpg

IMG_20150402_110347.jpg

Please suggest any good place in bangalore where I can get these holes welded

Last edited:
Go to a denter painter. He will have to probably cut the rusted piece from your car and replace it with a different metal sheet and weld it. Do the treatment ASAP else the rust will start spreading. Check the other areas as well which are prone for rust i.e. wheel arch, below the stepney, behind the bumper and the floor as well.

Hi,
Don't do partially. Kindly remove the seats, floor mats and better check the entire platform, running board and also engine bay area. That will be a neat one and it will not cost you more.

Top Bottom