Posting after a long time. Nothing much to write as the car is running as it should.
I need to give the car for the 80,000km service as it has rolled over 82,000kms as of now. We are going on a trip to the hills so have to get the car serviced before that.
While my front tyres are 3 years and 40,000kms old, my rear tyres have done 82,000k in 7 years. (original MRF). Planning to buy 2 new tyres for the front and fix the existing front tyres on the rear.
The car is in a great shape with some minor dents and scratches. Does not spoil the looks of the car, so I am planning to do it up later.
I was told that the normal time for the clutch change will be around 75000kms. Yes, the clutch has become a little hard, but not a problem though. My friend had his clutch changed at 60000kms.
Everything is working fine with the car... absolutely no niggles at all.
The issues I faced during the ownership of this car are as follows:
- I didn't like the sound of the original horn and changed it to Hella. But, that horn didn't work after some months and I had to replace it.
- The original headlights were weak and I replaced them with some high powered bulbs. Then after some months I noticed some loose contact in the wiring harness that the accessories shop guys rigged up and had to get it repaired properly. No issues after that.
- One of the brake lights bulb had fused and got it replaced free of charge during a service.
- Interiors need cleaning. Not sure if I should get it done during service or from 3M.
- Wheel covers are loose as the original wheel nuts have lost the rubber washers that is a part of the nut. I was told that each nut cost around 200 rs.
I have 2 major upgrade plans for the car. One is to change to alloy wheels while changing the tyres. And the other is to change the shocks both front and rear. I was told that the new shocks for the latest model will solve the GC issue. And it might cost around 22,000 rs to do that. The catch is that they will only change the 4 shocks and not the 2 coil springs at the rear.
Overall I am extremely happy with the car. Though my wife says it is time to change as the car is 7 years and 82000kms old, I am planning to keep it for another 3 years. I love the shape/looks of the car and am proud to own a good looking car which is trouble free.