Recently I went on a 1350-km Road Trip to Wayanad; this helped me to understand my car’s capability in a better way.
I was so addicted to my Polaroid goggle due to the glare which was caused by the dashboard on the wind shield.
My single-handed driving gave me little pain in my shoulder, but from the next day I used both the hands to steer, which not only eased the pain but also gave me good command over track; I love the precision of the Steering. Missed:
- The temperature gauge as I drove 620km with a single break for 45mins.
- The speed-sensing automatic door locks, as my Wife kept on reminding me to lock the doors, which I never learnt. Likes:
- The ample space available for the right leg behind C pedal to rest in Highway cruising.
- The Day and Night Rear View Mirror during night driving.
- The boot space; even after my Wife took 4 pairs of slippers, etc., etc. for a 4-day trip, there was an ample space left.
- Driver seat was so comfortable even for a stretch of 12hr journey.
- AC was too good as I drive almost in sunny day, never felt the heat inside.
- In the complete trip, it never scrapped the underbody or the bumper.
- Managed to drive in paths where only Trucks and Jeeps are commuted.
- Solid and well planted in high-speed cornering.
- Last but not the least, the mileage of the iVtec, averaging 18kmpl for the entire trip (Total fuel consumption method) Dislikes:
- This is the first time I choose A R Rahman songs with good Bass, but with the very first song, I was very much disappointed with the vibration of plastic door panels.
- There are no notifications for the Remote locking other than a silent blink, which is very hard to notice during day time. Mistakes:
- Many a time I drove in 4th Gear forgetting to upshift to 5th Gear. Learnt:
- Switching the AC off =
downshifting a Gear in steeps.
- Many a time 2nd Gear failed to climb a deep steep; this taught me holding the car in steep with 1st Gear without applying brakes. This helps me crawl in deep steep with Vehicles line up behind. BTW
, a wonderful Audio Book made me drive thru 9:00am to 9:00pm with 45mins break in between without fatigue.