Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (O) Coral White Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,

Here comes my first ever ownership review on Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (O) Coral White.

I am an enthusiast driver. I bought my first car 3 years back, alto k10 vxi (white) when I was in shilling. I bought this as an experimental basis and as the shilling city roads are narrow and traffic is horrible – this car filled the needs. Good power, handling and great mileage. Drove 37000 km in 2 years and hit top speed of 130 kmph (NH44 highway). Then in 2012 I settled in my home town (Agartala). Then the car started to feel small for the family. Mom and dad, younger bro (5.11) and me (5.9) so was the time to think big.

My initial list of choice was hondacity, fiesta, eco sport with budget of 10 lacs.

Took a test drive on eco sport diesel (titanium) but I dint like it. It seemed not spacious to me and boot space was also small. Top variant price tag was around 10,00000. My family didn’t like it at all.

My boss owns fiesta, superb handling, good looking but pricy.

Now about Honda city: it’s a car which I cant take my eyes off when it cruises by – and I heard great reviews and feedback on this car but unfortunately I couldn’t grab my hands on her. We do not have showroom here and none of my friends own this car, so I had to narrow my list.

I love Mahindra XUV since I saw him in promo. Think I have to stop eating for few years then I may ride the beast. I saw 4/5 XUV’s in the city – great look.

Anyway, now coming to my baby – Verna was my dream car since from my school days, I cant stop but staring on her, admiring her beauty and looks. As she glides over seems like a master piece of craftsmanship with attitude, charming and alluring my heart. That was the old verna then, what about the all new fluidic verna?? It’s a pavlov's experiment.
One of my friend bought fluidic 1.6 vtvt sx (p black) during the first month of its launch and its running superb. He is getting 15kmpl plus on highway with ac on/off. Drove her few months back and it was awesome. Then he told me about the suspension issues which I was aware of. Then I started researching about it, that’s how I landed here in TAI. I can not stop thanking to all the fellow members of TAI for sharing productive information and knowledge which helped me understand and pin point my selection.

So much has been said, commented about her so I wont repeat those points in my review anymore.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

I booked (bought actually – paid in full) the car on oct. 31st ’13. Showroom price was Rs. 9,63,495/- paid in advanced, now was the waiting game. Finally the car was unloaded from the carrier on Saturday 30th Nov. 2013 in front of my eyes at around 6:30pm. Took the delivery on the same day without wash, PDI, formalities but only few signatures as it was weekend and workers were hurrying to go home. The owner was a known person that’s how I was allowed to take her home else no way – N.B: I do not encourage others to do what I have done. So we finish the formalities on Monday. The car was in top shape, not a single scratch or dent. My dad wanted to see the car so much that I had to bring her home.

My first impression:

I was utterly surprised to see the projector and LEDs in headlamps in this model. Let me try to scribble few upgrades/downgrades in this variant:

Upgrades:
Projector headlight,
LED lights (its a parking light not DRL),
Now verna top feature auto light option like in i20. After turning the headlight switch on there is one more turn which leads to auto mode ie. Headlights will turn on automatically when it senses ambient inadequate light – kooool.
Backlit window buttons in all 4 doors,
Suspension felt more rigid (but still wobbles, one big pothole I didn’t notice and got the thud sound with all windows rolled up @ around 50-60 km/h).

Downgrade:
Third headrest on rear sit gone,
Spear alloy gone, replaced with allom rim, [frustration]
Guys who are installing wires for sony amp and subwoofer told me that the body plastics (black plastics on side body wall and floor) were thinner than before (am not sure).

Changes:
Old segment: On the rear, above the license plate it reads (left to right) (I don know how to say it)
HYUNDAI – Hyundai logo – VERNA
1.6 SX

New segment:
VERNA – Hyundai logo – 1.6 SX

Issues:
Top model features speed sensing auto door lock @ speed more than 15 km/h but nothing is happening – do not know why or how to activate it – these showroom people also has no idea how? User manual do not talk about how to activate it, seems like its auto but somehow its not working for me. If anyone knows about it please help.

Today my ODO reads 200 km, highest mileage 13.8 kmpl (without AC).

Accessories fitted:
Blue LED scuffs door plates,
Sony amp XM-N1004 with subwoofer XS-GTX121LC (both rated 1000 Watt). Very good quality bass – how I wish that the OEM player is better. My alto have Sony Xplod™ CD Receiver 2 din system (out of market now) which is far more superior than this.
All the 3 interior doom stock lights are replaces with LED lights (its kool).

Ordered 2 osram nightbreaker headlight bulbs (HB3 9004) as I don’t like the stock fitting. Projector headlight is sharp, sharp cuts in low beam – like halfmoon like but soft side by side. I will post few pics later. Thinking to change the stock fog light too but not getting the bulb. Its of GE 881 type – anybody know about this bulb and how to get it? How they sell this bulb, I mean what type of bulb this is?

This thread will continue –

Thanks for your time.

here are some pictures of my baby [:D]

1463058_10200138770510300_1676790518_n.jpg

I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the projector headlights and LEDs [clap] which i wasnt briefed during test drive and booking. The fact was even these sales guys did not know about the upgrades. They said my car is the first in Tripura with projector and LED head lamps. [:D] [glasses]

1476081_10200138769870284_659103540_n.jpg

1450718_10200138771030313_842353678_n.jpg

1470000_10200138771390322_1797685695_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Ownership review on Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (O) Coral White

Projector headlamp bulb is of HB3/9005 55w type (Sylvania) which emits yellow light and going to upgrade it to Osram night breaker plus 60W (from ebay.in)

I want to upgrade the fog lights too which is of GE 881 12V bulb but didnt get anywhere at local stores. Anybody can help me to get this bulbs which emits 4000K temp light (online shipping), i will be thankful [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Congrats dburma. That's the first verna with projectors on Tai as well. I also have a verna and I loved the new head lamps [:D]

Do post the pics with the lights on [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #4

Hi allhyundaicars [:D] (couldnt stop showing my teeth)!! yes i will upload more pics soon.

Congrats dbarma for the new car, many happy good miles ahead.

Also you’re the 1st 2014 Verna owner in TAI with the projector setup. Keep posting your experience.

Thread Starter #8
Congrats dbarma for the new car, many happy good miles ahead.

Also you’re the 1st 2014 Verna owner in TAI with the projector setup. Keep posting your experience.
Thank you soumen.sam [:)] this vehicle was mfged. in the month of Oct. 2013 (through VIN no) thats how i got this - feeling lucky [angel]

Congrats dbarma. I think you are the first member from Agartala
hi anshuman8!! may be ... well... our moderators will know better i guess.

Just now i returned from the showroom as i was called by the manager to come and receive a check (rs. 5000/-) which was sent by the hyundai comp. Chennai (discount). This local dealers will also told me that they will present us a gift too [:)].
I asked them about the 'speed sensing auto door lock' not working and they told me to come tomorrow. Lets see what they have to say ....

Thank you soumen.sam [:)] this vehicle was mfged. in the month of Oct. 2013 (through VIN no) thats how i got this - feeling lucky [angel]

hi anshuman8!! may be ... well... our moderators will know better i guess.

Just now i returned from the showroom as i was called by the manager to come and receive a check (rs. 5000/-) which was sent by the hyundai comp. Chennai (discount). This local dealers will also told me that they will present us a gift too [:)].
I asked them about the 'speed sensing auto door lock' not working and they told me to come tomorrow. Lets see what they have to say ....
This is really great, it’s a nice car and you will enjoy it. I got mine on Sep 7th and mine was August Manufacturer it was just when the new alloy came and I didn’t get a single rupees discount or gifts.

You’re lucky that you got it just at the time of 2nd upgrade released, I too thought same but didn’t know it will be upgraded so early again. I’m not missing the Projector but definitely I will miss the auto headlight feature. It is very useful. You can keep it in auto mode all time.

For the speed sensing auto door lock, try to drive more speed above 15kmph and then see, it could trigger above 20kmph. Also check if all door unlocked. If the feature have in your car/model it shouldn’t malfunction as they test everything.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
@ soumen.sam
I really consider my self lucky enough to receive such an alluring upgrades and my car is the first of its kind at Agartala [glasses] and as allhyundaicars and you have mentioned my car is the first even in TAI.
For the speed sensing auto door lock, try to drive more speed above 15kmph and then see, it could trigger above 20kmph. Also check if all door unlocked. If the feature have in your car/model it shouldn’t malfunction as they test everything.
are you expecting an enthusiast driver like me to drive bellow 15kmph? cammon!! and i checked with all my knowledge as how i could rigger it but failed. If hyundai mention about auto door locking feature then top variant can not miss it - there must be a missing link. let me talk to the pros tomorrow and will update you.

@ soumen.sam
are you expecting an enthusiast driver like me to drive bellow 15kmph? cammon!! and i checked with all my knowledge as how i could rigger it but failed. If hyundai mention about auto door locking feature then top variant can not miss it - there must be a missing link. let me talk to the pros tomorrow and will update you.
No I didn’t mean that, I mean sometime happens we miss something and think it’s a fault in the car. It could but better to recheck.

In this car if the driver side door is not fully close the central locking don’t work, you lock and it will return it by itself. Like that, so just asked you to recheck properly.

Congratulations on the new beauty.
Requesting you to post more pictures of car with headlamps/LED on/off.
As for the speed sensing auto door lock, it is supposed to be activated at factory in SX(o) . Don't worry if it is not as it is a 5 minutes job. Your ASS will connect it to G scan [If I remember correctly] and will activate it for you.
Mine is Oct manufactured too but SX.
I sure will miss auto headlamps and how I wish lane changer was also given:lol!:
Don't forget to post lots of pictures.[thumbswink]

Regards
Midnkight

Wow congrants dbarma on your new baby [:D] and Do post a other of pictures. We are going to pester you about the projectors so please forgive us [lol] . Okay so my first question is that does tell project bear Verna name on it like the rexton & post close up pictures of the projectors?

Thread Starter #14
Requesting you to post more pictures of car with headlamps/LED on/off.
As for the speed sensing auto door lock, it is supposed to be activated at factory in SX(o) . Don't worry if it is not as it is a 5 minutes job. Your ASS will connect it to G scan [If I remember correctly] and will activate it for you.
yes yes more pics will come soon, am having very hectic duties these days as most of our faculties took leave. tomorrow i have to stand to queue for fitting license plate from 10 oçlock on wards. Today i suppose to go to fix the speed sensing auto door lock but couldnt manage.

I sure will miss auto headlamps and how I wish lane changer was also given
Oh! i love this feature but unfortunately didnt see in realtime cause i couldnt manage to drive at evening (5-6pm) coz of my duty schedules. lanechanger ?? i am sure this idea might have crossed their (Korean engs.) mind. They are subtracting something from the car to add something.

Wow congrants dbarma on your new baby and Do post a other of pictures. We are going to pester you about the projectors so please forgive us . Okay so my first question is that does tell project bear Verna name on it like the rexton & post close up pictures of the projectors?
Thank you pradeep. Yes i will post more pics soon. Most of TAI members are also crazy for projectors like me :lol!:

Regards
Midnkight
Your SX have the speed sensing auto door lock feature? AFAIK its only optional in SX(O), could it be activated in SX model by the way you said through G scan :eek:? Please let me know.

Top Bottom