A Few more days before i complete 4 Months with this beauty that entered my life. The journey as of yet is just about 3500 Kms but there is a long way to go from here. Its just the beginning of the journey.
Initially the car did not impress me that much due to the excessive Turbo lag due to which it was very difficult for me to drive it in the city. I felt like what has dad purchased ?? this was all due to my earlier beast the corolla.
But as time passed by, the more I drove it the more I fell in love with the car. Actually I learnt one thing after driving this car i.e the turbo lag can easily be reduced to almost no lag if you are aware of when to change the gears and where to keep the rev zone of the car in case you want a sudden surge of power.
I know 3500 kms is nothing but still it has been a hell of a journey for me and there is more left to it.
I have mentioned in my earlier posts also but again would like to write it here What I Love about the car
- The best looking hatchback by my opinion
- The European Build quality meant to last through the battering of the indian roads
- Simple Dashboard layout with a premium feel.
- Air Con is a Chiller
- High speed stability
- The Mid Range of the engine i.e after the Turbo kicks in is really addictive
- NVH level maintained very well inside the cabin
- Flip keys
- Audio quality is really good for a stock system
- Very good average for city driving considering my hard acceleration nature.( average fuel consumption till now 15km/ltr only city driving )
- Good Boot space What I Don’t like about the car
- Noisy 3 Pot Tdi engine
- Cramped up interiors
- A top end model does not have steering mounted controls and music system with just CD player and no option for USB, Aux & Bluetooth ( This point is for my model which is a 2010 model the lateron models got these features )
When I received the car it was a looker for sure but still I wanted to do it up so that it could stand out in the group of Polo’s that are on the road. I dint want to change it a lot I wanted its stock look with a bit of sporty character to it. So from that day till today it has finally reached my expectations on how I wanted it to look.
I know i had shown some images of the alloys earlier but the design which i wanted was no where available in mumbai, of course i had got the image from google so it could be a design from any part of the world. The BBS surely not in my budget at all. The others which i had shown some how did not go well with the car it gave a very dull effect to the car ( Personal View ). These looked decent enough on the ride so put these also got a good deal and a good exchange rate for my stock so went for these. Music Swift thanks for providing the option but in the end went with this.