This is the first time I am penning down such a review kind of thing. So don’t mind if there are any mistakes. I purposely took long time to attempt this review as I want to write the review after properly experiencing the car. And as a result of it, I have enjoyed 2000 kms in 15 days with my Amaze, ready to write one now. Buying Decision
We had a 2007 model Tata Indica V2 and I have driven it more than 1,20,000 kms, after which the engine started swallowing more money . So by 2012 Dec , we sold it off. From that time onwards I started breaking my head and arrived at the decision of buying a Fiat Punto , an excellent Italian rigid beauty. Then came the news of Honda Amaze iDTEC and Ford Ecosport. Initially my anticipation was high towards Ecosport and more interested towards Ecosport . Then Amaze was launched during April . Went for a test drive. There was an overbridge near the showroom and we took that path for the test drive. I shifted upward from 2nd gear with less than 20 kms . That particular moment I am amazed at the power delivery of the car and it pulled cleanly. Even I too accept that Amaze has a linear power delivery but certainly there is a minute turbo spool like the Fiat MJD 1.3 if you watch it closely. I love that peculiar thing.
After 2 days, booked amaze EMT iDTEC Silver by paying Rs.21,000/- I felt Amaze EMT is a real VFM
product only because of 2 good reasons of the following.
1) I didn’t like the music system that comes with Amaze higher variants. So I wanted to fit one of my taste.
, power windows , central locking and Tilt steering in a lower variant is a boon . But I know that I am missing out on adjustable mirrors , body color door handles, airbags, etc which didn’t bother me much.
I booked on April 25th and OTR was Rs. 7,28,000/- including Extended warranty package. The vehicle was delivered to me on 17th Oct and the OTR at that time was Rs. 7,33,845/- (The prices I mention here is at Trichy, Tamilnadu).
Then Ecosport was launched and the prices were announced . I was interested with the Trend diesel variant in it . But it was a Whopping 1.8 lacs costlier than Amaze . So I erased the idea of cancellation of booking of Amaze and just stayed with amaze. But due to the dealer’s gimmicks, I got the Silver color beauty only after 5 months. That’s a sad part which I will explain later. First Impression
Amaze in terms of exterior looks, I like the rear section rather the front one. I felt the designing of amaze is a class apart when compared to others in this segment. When it comes to interiors, ahhhh Honda its so bad providing a vehicle so plain. But then the quality of materials used inside is not bad.
Build quality is poor . Thickness of sheet metal used is apparent. Especially you will know about it only when you yourself clean the vehicle. If its speaking about build quality , then I remember only Fiat Punto, Linea and VW Polo. Comfort
1) The angle at which the rear seats are restrained gives a great comfort especially during long drives. Amount of leg room is a benchmark in this segment.
2) Even though the front seats are thin and lacks a head restraint, I felt the design is like bucket seats and a little plush.
3) Fabric used in the seat is so good that you don’t need a seat cover. But at the end of the day you need one to escape from the stains.
4) AC in Amaze cools the cabin within a minute even at 40*C and with the AC knob pointing not more than speed 2. Performance
1) In city performance is great . Only thing is you need to manage with the auto acceleration at the 2nd and 3rd gears. That’s a good bit in fact.
2) In highways once you cross 100 kmph , it cruises really . It floats at triple digit speed.
3) NVH issue is the one thing I couldn’t tolerate with the amaze until you reach 90 kmph. After that it settles in. The vibrations during the Ignition On and Off is another soaring point of amaze. But as you drive more and more , now I felt the vibrations during ignition On has drastically reduced.
4) In this 2000 kms of drive , I have experienced the need of ABS
system twice. At Trichy – Chennai NH , I was cruising at 110 kmph . A dog came in the path from nowhere , OMG I felt the real need of ABS
. Another incident was also the same . Who in the world gives the basic variant (except premium brand like Merc, Audi, etc) with ABS
brakes ?????????? There stands the Amaze EMT diesel and buying decision is justified only because of this single reason – complacent. !!
5) Real time fuel efficiency is 18.5 kmpl , mixed with city and highways driving with AC on all the time. I feel the FE figures coming in the display is utter non-sense and of no use. Accessories
Its better I provide a table and pics do the talking for this part.
S.No Item / Seller
Illuminating scuff plate / Snapdeal / 800.00
Honda Key chain / Ebay / 180.00
Door handle scratch protector 3M / Ebay / 200.00
3D car mats for Amaze / Carmatsindia.com / 3200.00
Black and Decker car Vacuum cleaner Acv 1205 / Flipkart / 1850.00
HTC CC200 original car charger micro USB / Shopclues / 500.00
Sandisk mini CZ15 8 gb pen drive / Flipkart / 355.00
Car cover Speednav / Snapdeal / 750.00
Pioneer Head Unit 1590DVD(1 year warranty) / Pop car accessories(PCA) / 14500.00
Boston 6 inch front 300 watts(1 year warranty) / PCA / 2500.00
JBL speaker 5.25 inch rear 260 watts(1 year warranty) / PCA / 1700.00
Labour for music systems / PCA / 600.00
Sunfilm Garmin / PCA / 3200.00
Audio System panel frame (not the worth) / PCA / 1400.00
OE wiring and antenna / PCA / 750.00
Spacer for speakers (4) / PCA / 800.00
Roots windtone with wiring and electronic relay / PCA / 1350.00
Headlight bulb Philips 100/90W wih electronic relay and wiring / PCA / 1250.00
Reverse parking sensor with camera TORQ (1 year warranty) / PCA / 4800.00
Aux cable / PCA / 150.00
12v charger socket / PCA / 350.00
Mud flap OEM
type / PCA / 400.00
Wheel cover / PCA / 750.00
OMG i couldn't upload all the pics i have due to some technical problem . Will upload in the thread following.
Hope the review is not bad
This weekend i have planned for a trip to Munnar with my friends. Will update the pics and travelogue the following weekdays.