Honda Amaze EMT iDTEC - Extraordinary!!

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

This is the first time I am penning down such a review kind of thing. So don’t mind if there are any mistakes. I purposely took long time to attempt this review as I want to write the review after properly experiencing the car. And as a result of it, I have enjoyed 2000 kms in 15 days with my Amaze, ready to write one now.

Buying Decision

We had a 2007 model Tata Indica V2 and I have driven it more than 1,20,000 kms, after which the engine started swallowing more money . So by 2012 Dec , we sold it off. From that time onwards I started breaking my head and arrived at the decision of buying a Fiat Punto , an excellent Italian rigid beauty. Then came the news of Honda Amaze iDTEC and Ford Ecosport. Initially my anticipation was high towards Ecosport and more interested towards Ecosport . Then Amaze was launched during April . Went for a test drive. There was an overbridge near the showroom and we took that path for the test drive. I shifted upward from 2nd gear with less than 20 kms . That particular moment I am amazed at the power delivery of the car and it pulled cleanly. Even I too accept that Amaze has a linear power delivery but certainly there is a minute turbo spool like the Fiat MJD 1.3 if you watch it closely. I love that peculiar thing.

After 2 days, booked amaze EMT iDTEC Silver by paying Rs.21,000/- I felt Amaze EMT is a real VFM product only because of 2 good reasons of the following.

1) I didn’t like the music system that comes with Amaze higher variants. So I wanted to fit one of my taste.

2) ABS with EBD , power windows , central locking and Tilt steering in a lower variant is a boon . But I know that I am missing out on adjustable mirrors , body color door handles, airbags, etc which didn’t bother me much.

I booked on April 25th and OTR was Rs. 7,28,000/- including Extended warranty package. The vehicle was delivered to me on 17th Oct and the OTR at that time was Rs. 7,33,845/- (The prices I mention here is at Trichy, Tamilnadu).

Then Ecosport was launched and the prices were announced . I was interested with the Trend diesel variant in it . But it was a Whopping 1.8 lacs costlier than Amaze . So I erased the idea of cancellation of booking of Amaze and just stayed with amaze. But due to the dealer’s gimmicks, I got the Silver color beauty only after 5 months. That’s a sad part which I will explain later.

First Impression

Amaze in terms of exterior looks, I like the rear section rather the front one. I felt the designing of amaze is a class apart when compared to others in this segment. When it comes to interiors, ahhhh Honda its so bad providing a vehicle so plain. But then the quality of materials used inside is not bad.

Build quality is poor . Thickness of sheet metal used is apparent. Especially you will know about it only when you yourself clean the vehicle. If its speaking about build quality , then I remember only Fiat Punto, Linea and VW Polo.

Comfort

1) The angle at which the rear seats are restrained gives a great comfort especially during long drives. Amount of leg room is a benchmark in this segment.

2) Even though the front seats are thin and lacks a head restraint, I felt the design is like bucket seats and a little plush.

3) Fabric used in the seat is so good that you don’t need a seat cover. But at the end of the day you need one to escape from the stains.

4) AC in Amaze cools the cabin within a minute even at 40*C and with the AC knob pointing not more than speed 2.

Performance

1) In city performance is great . Only thing is you need to manage with the auto acceleration at the 2nd and 3rd gears. That’s a good bit in fact.

2) In highways once you cross 100 kmph , it cruises really . It floats at triple digit speed.

3) NVH issue is the one thing I couldn’t tolerate with the amaze until you reach 90 kmph. After that it settles in. The vibrations during the Ignition On and Off is another soaring point of amaze. But as you drive more and more , now I felt the vibrations during ignition On has drastically reduced.

4) In this 2000 kms of drive , I have experienced the need of ABS system twice. At Trichy – Chennai NH , I was cruising at 110 kmph . A dog came in the path from nowhere , OMG I felt the real need of ABS. Another incident was also the same . Who in the world gives the basic variant (except premium brand like Merc, Audi, etc) with ABS brakes ?????????? There stands the Amaze EMT diesel and buying decision is justified only because of this single reason – complacent. !!

5) Real time fuel efficiency is 18.5 kmpl , mixed with city and highways driving with AC on all the time. I feel the FE figures coming in the display is utter non-sense and of no use.

Accessories

Its better I provide a table and pics do the talking for this part.

S.No Item / Seller / Price

Illuminating scuff plate / Snapdeal / 800.00

Honda Key chain / Ebay / 180.00

Door handle scratch protector 3M / Ebay / 200.00

3D car mats for Amaze / Carmatsindia.com / 3200.00

Black and Decker car Vacuum cleaner Acv 1205 / Flipkart / 1850.00

HTC CC200 original car charger micro USB / Shopclues / 500.00

Sandisk mini CZ15 8 gb pen drive / Flipkart / 355.00

Car cover Speednav / Snapdeal / 750.00

Pioneer Head Unit 1590DVD(1 year warranty) / Pop car accessories(PCA) / 14500.00

Boston 6 inch front 300 watts(1 year warranty) / PCA / 2500.00

JBL speaker 5.25 inch rear 260 watts(1 year warranty) / PCA / 1700.00

Labour for music systems / PCA / 600.00

Sunfilm Garmin / PCA / 3200.00

Audio System panel frame (not the worth) / PCA / 1400.00

OE wiring and antenna / PCA / 750.00

Spacer for speakers (4) / PCA / 800.00

Roots windtone with wiring and electronic relay / PCA / 1350.00

Headlight bulb Philips 100/90W wih electronic relay and wiring / PCA / 1250.00

Reverse parking sensor with camera TORQ (1 year warranty) / PCA / 4800.00

Aux cable / PCA / 150.00

12v charger socket / PCA / 350.00

Mud flap OEM type / PCA / 400.00

Wheel cover / PCA / 750.00

Total: 42335.00/B]

OMG i couldn't upload all the pics i have due to some technical problem . Will upload in the thread following.

Hope the review is not bad [;)]

This weekend i have planned for a trip to Munnar with my friends. Will update the pics and travelogue the following weekdays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Honda Amaze EMT iDTEC - Extraordinary !!!

Please Upload the pics at the earliest, i am interested in seeing the accessories. Some may fit for my Brio tooo [;)]

@ inian : Congrats on the new ride bro. One thing about the honda's is they offer the important features on all the variants and not only top variant.

Waiting to see the pics of all the fittings and the acessories.

Welcome to the Honda league and congrats on your purchase. Please upload all the pics with accessories soon.

Congrats inian..Wish you many more miles..

As others said, do upload the pics soon..I want to see the accessories.

Thread Starter #6
Here comes the pics[:D]

Praba at POP Car accessories, chennai took great effort to fix a 5.25 inch JBL speakers at the rear . U can see that in the above pics. As a result it paid off . Music system is so gud in my amaze now .

Remaining accessories pics will be updated soon .

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow., silver color amaze looks nice. How much costed for pioneer and JBL?. Consider alloys also. It will make your car more looker :)

Wowwww wonderful your amaze is looking amazing [:)]

Last edited:

@ inian, the accessories are indeed nicely done.

Two comments

1. Is the HU slightly tilted to right, i.e. right side seems to be not aligned properly.

2. IMHO, those wheel caps does not look good at all. Please go for OEM ones or search for OEM look alike on ebay.

Cheers,
Anshuman

@inian, good work on the accessories..

Great work by Praba at POP Car accessories, chennai.

Can you provide me their address in chennai?

Thread Starter #12

@inian, good work on the accessories..

Great work by Praba at POP Car accessories, chennai.

Can you provide me their address in chennai?

ya sure . Its 2 kms from velachery railway station. proceed in the velachery railway station to meenambakam airport road. Once u cross sakthi cars, you call praba to pick u ...

The shop is a very small one. But dont get carried away by the size. The people out there do a splendid job in a professional way and they take a very good care of your car. Pricing is also very competitive when compared with other shops in chennai.Praba worked with Sundaram motors before 2 years after which he decided to start his own store. Since he was with sundaram motors, he knows very well about Honda's complex wiring structures inside and he does it in a way that will not affect our warranty . That is the reason I travelled 350 kms to him from Trichy. Praba 9940614769. and I am Thamil inian

Thread Starter #13

@ inian, the accessories are indeed nicely done.

Two comments

1. Is the HU slightly tilted to right, i.e. right side seems to be not aligned properly.

2. IMHO, those wheel caps does not look good at all. Please go for OEM ones or search for OEM look alike on ebay.

Cheers,
Anshuman
1) Since it is fitted during night time, no one noticed it . next day morning i noticed it when i was out of chennai. Praba assured me of adjusting it correctly when i goto chennai next time.

2) ya even i too thought that . but spent some money on it . maybe after 6 months i will change it for sure

Thread Starter #14

Wow., silver color amaze looks nice. How much costed for pioneer and JBL?. Consider alloys also. It will make your car more looker :)
hi rakesh,

Please look into my review . i have provided the prices for all accessories. Alloys i will think of later due to financial condition [;)]

Thread Starter #15

Above all , after this much customization for the rear and front speakers, i didnt get any rattling noise from anywhere . The car sounds still the factory new. [:D]

Top Bottom