My New Korean Girlfriend: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) CRDi

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,
Firstly thanks for Kun United Hyundai to deliver my car in time, because this time is little important to me, not only because of Diwali it’s my birthday too [:)]

Two Months ago:

I decided to buy a car around November first week so started research. My budget is 5 to 8 lakhs, I clock around 1k Km per month, I may change my car in next two years so it should have good resale value too, safety is more important to me and I am strictly looking for Hatchbacks coz I feel sedans are not for my age group.
These are my basic requirements for considering a car so based on this I filtered below cars

Preference 1 - Honda Brio VX MT: looks are really stunning especially in blue color but no diesel variant
Preference 2 - Ford Figo Titanium: A decent diesel hatchback but no resale value
Preference 3 – Volkswagen POLO Highline: Just because its Volkswagen but I feel I can’t maintain it
i20 is out of my budget and somehow me and my friends doesn't like Swift.
Point to be noted these are the preferences made by my mind but not by my heart. Every car has something which I don’t like but as I have limited options in india I have to go for one so I decided to go for Brio. At that moment I heard about Grand i10 and I felt like “right this is exactly what I want”. And from then I followed each N every news of Grand i10. On Sep 3rd I watched the complete live of Grand i10 release and I am just impressed with its features and its perfect pricing and I decided to go for it. now my heart also agreed [;)]

One Month ago:

I booked the test drive and within hours got a call and did the test drive from Kun United Hyundai and there is nothing special to say about test drive everything is as I expected none of the things disappointed me so I booked immediately. At that time sales person told me that Asta(O) is taking little more time(Not specified) to deliver, if I choose Sports It can be delivered in 10 days. But a car without safety features is not my cup of tea.

One week ago:

The salesperson called me and said car is going to deliver in next 3 days,
Hurray I am getting my car before Diwali I am sooo happy to hear that. As it arrived exactly when I want it.

Little about delivery it didn’t took more than 30 min to complete all the formalities, they decorated the car nicely and did a decent delivery. Everything is fine but I am very much disappointed about the accessories literally they didn’t given me anything. At least I expected car door mats, Perfume and a car cover.

Come to the numbers it cost me 7,32,307.00 (Did I told you guys?? I am from Hyderabad)

Ex-Showroom – 6,56,720 + Life Tax – 78,810 + Insurance – 19,827 + Logistics & Facilitation Charges – 6950

Started riding:

Seriously I can’t stop riding I ride about 200Km in first day itself (No single useful work :P )

And let’s start about the observations, pros and cons I found in the car

Things I like

- It has stunning looks especially from the back, I can see lots of eyes on my car [glasses]
- Engine is very refined it just feel like a petrol engine
- Gear shifts are not too close, and there is a display to recommend gear shifts it helps you to achieve good mileage
- Pickup is good even with full AC
- I touched max 120 kmph till now, car feels still in control
- Interiors are above the class ( No comparison with Figo’s and Brio’s)
- Keyless entry is a good thing to have. I tested it, works perfectly. car will not unlock if you are in 5+ feet distance.
- Cooled glovebox is also one of the useful feature if you are planning some long drives
- Boot space is just more than enough and you can fold the back seat completely
- Both front and back seats are very comfortable
- Chrome door handles looks premium same with gear rod as well
- Audio system looks different from any other car. Audio quality is good (Not mind-blowing)
- Steering mounted controls are useful and steering looks good with perfectly fitted leather wrap.
- Setting up the Bluetooth connection and loading contacts is very simple it didn’t took more than 1 min in my case and it works flawlessly
- I had some calls voice is clear to the other persons as mic just located about the head.
- speedometer and RPM displays are in comfortable size.
- Steering is very lite makes easy city drives, it gets harder if speed is increasing so it will be good in highways too.
- Parking sensors are in same color of my car (Twilight blue) I thought they will be in black color as they are in most of the other cars
- Push button start/stop is a good thing especially when car stops in traffic

Things I don’t like

- Average fuel consumption is missing in display. any ways you have 2 trip meters so you can calculate manually if you want
- Internal memory concept is good but why it’s just 1GB, My collection is around 8 GB at least they should have given 4GB
- There is a small lag in steering mounted volume controls, it’s not the case with track change controls may be there is another functionality for single press need to explore

These are my Experiences till now it’s just my 3rd day I will continuously update this thread feel free to ask any doubts I will clarify at my best

Thank you guys thanks for reading, have a happy and safe Diwali

Here are some updates guys I am posting the High speed and 0-100 time taken videos
Top speed i tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXixooDeqE

Time taken for 0-100 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv6s7Mvs2HM

Attachments

Last edited:
First of all a very warm welcome to The Automotive India Karthik4153. Secondly, Heartiest congratulations on getting your new ride. Grand i10 is the new kid in the block and I am sure would be turning a lot of heads on the road where-ever you take it to. Its loaded with all the gizmos possible and at a very attractive price-point. Good that you waited for the Asta variant which comes with the safety features than getting the sportz variant earlier. I really liked the color you chose, stands out from the usual.

Good to know that the steering of Grand i10 weighs up at higher speeds unlike the other Hyundai's. I have a fluidic Verna in my garage and its steering is as lifeless even at higher speeds. I've heard Hyundai has tweaked the suspension too on a stiffer side for the Grand i10, so that should cut down on the vertical movements on undulating roads.

I haven't driven the Grand i10 till now, so you could throw a little highlight on how the new 1.1 Crdi engine from Hyundai drives? How is the turbo-lag? Is it happy to be revved hard? How are the NVH levels inside the cabin and outside?

Please upload a few more interior pics of your car and keep this thread updated with your ownership experience. Wishing you millions of miles and smiles with your new Grand i10. Drive safe![drive]

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to Grand i10 club. I was given floor mats of old i10,yet to get the mudflaps. keep updating your ownership review,also let us know the fuel efficiency(tankfull method)

Happy motoring[drive]

Thread Starter #7
Thanks @amit1km, @anshuman8.
@chetan yes i think twilight blue is the best metallic color for Grand i10.
@nkonamme Till now i didn't had a look at fuel efficiency i will definitely do that in near future and update the thread
@GM88 thank you GM88, yes the grand i10's suspension is too good, i have been with Santro and i10 there is a considerable improvement in this area.
Come to the engine as of now i am not giving much burden to the engine always trying to drive below 2k RPM. Engine is responsive i don't feel any lag in stop-start traffic. i Traveled even with 4 persons on board, it did its job i didn't feel anything like engine is struggling.
Come to NVH, i can hear some noise in 1st gear but once i cross 15kmph engine become smooth and almost no noise. In 1st gear and in reverse if i given a quick acceleration then i can feel some vibrations but that too for a little amount of time.
sure i will upload some more pics ASAP.

Congrats karthik on your new Grand i10. Good to have another ownership thread for Grand i10.

Wish you many more happy miles and belated birthday wishes. Your new korean girlfriend got a lot of European look.[;)]

The car looks great.. As you said, keep updating the thread with your experiences/feedback. Grand i10 is my top contender for my new car. so will be keeping a close eye on your thread.

Also one question on your price break up.
Ex-Showroom – 6,56,720 + Life Tax – 78,810 + Insurance – 19,827 + Logistics & Facilitation Charges – 6950
What is this Facilitation charge?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Thank you @venkythaniks

Congrats karthik on your new Grand i10. Good to have another ownership thread for Grand i10.

Wish you many more happy miles and belated birthday wishes. Your new korean girlfriend got a lot of European look.[;)]

The car looks great.. As you said, keep updating the thread with your experiences/feedback. Grand i10 is my top contender for my new car. so will be keeping a close eye on your thread.

Also one question on your price break up.

What is this Facilitation charge?
No idea i think it is specific to "Kun United Hyundai, Kondapur". I just checked with another dealer "Mody Hyundai" in my location they are also added 6950/- extra and they call it as "Incidental Expenses".
on top of this another 2,500/- as registration charges [anger]

Last edited:
Congrats karthik for your new lingo. At present it is the best small car one can buy. Do keep us posted with its driving abilities and mileage.

Are you planiing to go for better and broader tyres for your grand?

Hi Kartik,

Thanks for review in detail, I am also plan to buy this car but i am confuse between two car Swift Dzire and Grand i10, can you please help me to to how much mileage of this car and how is the drive quality against Dzire.

Top Bottom