Me and My 1.2 Grande 'Abarth' Punto

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Now the real task for writing the ownership review started....

My Grande Punto ownership starts exactly 2 years 11 days back on 20th Oct 2011.
I was quite unhappy with the color I got Bosa Nova White.

I booked the car with Electric blue but unfortunately Fiat has electric blue in only 1.4 petrol. [frustration]

No black from parents so has to go for BNW. But you can say BNW is the color where you can do any type of snickering jobs. :)

Did the first DIY on the day one by installing P8 HID 43000K xenon. I just removed the same from my old indica and installed it in half any hour.

I thought an error might get on MID as this is the 3rd party component, but no errors [clap]

Now my night journeys are brighter and safer too.

Updated my ride with

1. Linea's Armrest
  2. Blaupunkt OEM HU + Blaupunkt Bluetooth adapter
  3. Vibe 4Ch amp + 12" sub + 2 Front Blaupunkt Components + 2 Rear Coaxial Vibe Speakers
  4. Red colored ORVM
  5. Punto door visors
  6. FIAT illuminated door sill plates
  7. Smoked OEM headlamps
  8. Abarth badge

Experience with the car as of now after 2 years is simply awesome. The drive quality and handling of the car is perfect in any situations.

I am doing Mumbai - Pune from last 3 years and 2 year with Punto. You will (driver) will never felt tired in any time in this car.

Did the one day trip from Pune to Belgaum. Started by 3.00 AM and returned back by 8.30 PM, but during this period was not felt tried at all.

I have done Mumbai Bangalore in indica but I have to stop for some period to relax my self which is not a case in Punto.

The car built quality is just like a tank where you can feel safe. The less body roll makes your confidence level a step forward.

This makes me proud for buying this car.

People are saying like anything about Fiat & it's car. But I must say Fiat is the legend. Fiat has already launched more than 92 models in all over the world. But really struggling in India. Why? I really can't understand.

The features
1. Exact door open reminder
2. All electrical disconnections on removing key
3. Temp reminder
4. Any issue with engine or bulb reminders
5. Auto rear wiper (this works when the wipers are on and rear is off, if you reversed the car the rear wiper will activate. No need to on the rear wiper manually)
6. Fog lamps. (If you forgot to switch off the fogs while shutting down the car, the fogs will automatically goes off on the engine off or on lights off. No )

Will discuss the other features later.

The average I'm getting in my 1.2 is as follows;
City: 11 to 16kmpl
Highway: 18 to 21kmpl

I'm real slow driver in all cases. My city drive is of max 30-40 kmph in pune
But on highways its from 85-120kmph

Max reached till 180 kmph with average fuel consumption of 9kmpl :offtopic:

Now the maintenance part is like 5k, 15k , 30k and 45k (done on 26th Oct 2011).
The expenditure is as follows;

5K = Only check up no cost
15K= Oil change + Air & Oil filter = 3600
30K= All fluid replaced + door sill + Door visors = 7500
36K= Break Pad replacement + Chrome exhaust tip = 5900
45K = Oil change + Air & Oil filter + Clutch replacement = 9600

Total expenditure for service is FASC is Rs. 26600/- (approx)

In two years of ownership the cost for the service is not that high including the accessories

Earlier the TASC experience was real pathetic but now FIAT has come up with Fiat authorized service centers and the difference is marginally good.

It's time to change the shoes of my ride by this weekend. Will update you guys after this Diwali Break.

By the way.... Have a safe and prosperous Diwali to all of you guys

Now picture time guys :)

P1110383.jpg

P1110390.jpg

P1130387.jpg

punto.jpg

ra3epujy.jpg

ume3yqyg.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Me and My 1.2 Grande Abarth Punto

@ rishike007 : Congrats on the purchase bro the car looks in amzing shape after the DIY do give some more information of you ownership about the drive, your experience etc
Also do post some pictures of the interior.

Enjoy the Many miles to come.[:)]

Hi rishike007, Welcome onboard. Fantastically modded car buddy. You must upload some full view pics of the exteriors. How much has the car clocked till date? Do keep this thread updated.

Thread Starter #4

Hi rishike007, Welcome onboard. Fantastically modded car buddy. You must upload some full view pics of the exteriors. How much has the car clocked till date? Do keep this thread updated.
Hey Akash,

thanks for the good words :)

So far the car has clocked 44700 kms in 2 years and 11 days.

hi rishike007, nice mods
however it will be nicer to install projectors(if not done yet) for your HIDs as they are meant and designed to work with projectors only and reflectors are for halogen bulbs. without projectors there will be a lot of light scattering and glare blinding oncoming traffic. Installed with projectors HID's output is optimal and have a nice spread and reach.

Hey Rishike007,

Nice short review and the ride looks splendid!!

Are you planning to go in for some real Abarth mods like intake ports, cylinder heads and stuff?I heard that since the vehicle is solidly built and heavy, the 1.2 motor struggles to pull it. Do you feel the same?

rishike007 said:
Now the real task for writing the ownership review started....
Congrats on the ownership of Punto.. The car looks great even after so many months.
Do post the pics of your interiors.

Hi,
Its modified in a good manner. If you can try to replace the disks with alloys, it may be a good addition to the Italian machine.

Hi, welcome to TAI :)

Your 2nd picture is too good, also congrats on buying the Italian Horse, it's built like a tank and has fantastic hidden features too. There's a thread on TAI about Punto's hidden features like "follow me headlamp" and plenty more.

Thread Starter #15
Hello Brothers,

It's now too much time that I am again writing about my Ride. Sorry for not so active for a such time period. I was busy with the professional commitments.

My ride is with me for now more than 3 years & 4 months now & ODO is 72K kms nearing to 75K service.

Last July my ride had the 60K service which was the major one as per Fiat.
Why? During this service, all belts, fluids were changed. [:)]
Yes, Timing belt, alternator belt, Power steering belt, All fluids, Engine oil, gear oil, power steering oil, break fluid & coolant.

Total cost was Rs. 13K, (that's why they called major) Thank god I got 1.2 [:D]

Meanwhile Fiat took my interview for there campaign http://youtu.be/OZPvih4M1bM?list=LLmLkbdBdt9219sNt2zncQOQ Unfortunately that time I was with my brother-in-laws punto :( as there were some issues with his car. [anger]

image.jpeg
@70K

@lonavala
Punto_1.JPG

3.png

1.png
Night shot

2.png
@team fiat lohagad meet in sept 14

Top Bottom