Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition - The New Beast in Town

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys iam new here.

This is my first post,and i have no writing skills so please manage.

Guys i just bought my tata safari storme ex with explorer kit just 2 days back.

My first impression is that its a beast.

Safari is very old and trusted name in india. i had safari dicor before(my dads).

i was never a fan of safari because i always like luxury cars like fortuner,endevour etc.

But i bought safari because its a new version and looks much better than before to me.i didn't like the hanging spare wheel ever.

im from a semi urban area madhya pradesh ,here people loves safari and its the sign of big(vip) people.

enough talking now,just giving my user reviews

1. very good looks.look massive like a beast.

2. improved handling alot.

3. very good turning radius.best in class.

4. small steering,which is comfortable.

5. improved gear box.(now gear shifting is easy and no need to put low gear every time you slow down).

6. nice space,leg rooms.

7. average interior(much improved from dicor)

8. nice handling.

9. nice braking(abs & eps).

10. improved acceleration.

dislikes

1. front seats are very uncomfortable for long journey.dont know why but after driving some time your back and legs starts paining a lot.

2. interior plastic quality can be improved.

3. most irritating thing in storme is that the beep sound of seat belt always rings in 30 sec gap.dont know how to stop it.most irritating thing in the car.

4. back seats

i also install explorer kit to my ex version

though its good in some ways but i think with 57000 rs its very costly.

with explorer kit i got

1. decals(looks great in my pearl white safari)

2. side decals(is very good)

3. 2 din music system is good,but close to gear knob may cause problem, the lights(colours)can be improved.

4. leather seat cover looks cheap.

5> front guard looks great but its soft and can be break easily.

6. crome finish in lights are very very cheap.

overall i just love my new beast. in roads people give side to safari ,its the reputation of safari in india. overall a very good suv.

20131011_104015.jpg

20131011_104042.jpg

20131011_104108.jpg

some pics of interior.

20131011_164127.jpg

20131011_164245.jpg

Congrats for the beast. Tata vehicles are known for comfort. Surprising to read about the pains in the back and legs. Do post more photos of your gorgeous beast [;)].

Congratulations Mohit, your Storme is looking stunning. please post some interior pictures, also is the touch screen system is good? I am also looking for a good touch screen system for my beast and currently confused between this one and the flip out screen.

Hey Mohit, Congratulations on your beast. The Decals really look good on your car. I guess my perception about these decals have changed a bit. Though I have not seen the cchrome garnish, I thought that they add character to the car. But as you mentioned they look cheap, I guess I will need to rethink on using them.

however, Please post a lot of internal pictures. Especially of the the 2 DIN music system and Seat covers.

3. most irritating thing in storme is that the beep sound of seat belt always rings in 30 sec gap.dont know how to stop it.most irritating thing in the car.
A nice looking beast there [clap]

Regarding the beep sound, when does it come on? If you get the warning beep with the seat belts fastened, you need to get it checked at the TASS.

In some cars, there is a setup where, if seat belt is not fastened and the vehicle is driven at a speed faster than a set speed, a beep sound is heard again for a specified period of time.
Does Storme come with this safety feature?
Other Storme owners may comment here.
EDIT: Excellent move by Tata for incorporating this Seatbelt warning buzzer which stays on above 20 km/h.
P.S : Please fasten the seat belts while driving and do drive safe.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
interior of the storm is much better than the dicor.
2-din music system is good.
sounds and sub woofer is good.
but the plastic quality of dash board is not very goodand can be improved.
will post more pics tommorow.

Congratulations Mohit, your Storme is looking stunning. please post some interior pictures, also is the touch screen system is good? I am also looking for a good touch screen system for my beast and currently confused between this one and the flip out screen.
Hey MUKESH

2-din music system is good and the touch screen sensitivity is also good(dont compare with apple quality).
the phone connectivity,bass and sub woofer options are nice.
wil love if it can play videos too.
it comes with remote which is a good thing.
some drivers have problem that while shifting gears it touches the hand although i didnt feel that problem.
its a good option but the lights(background) are dull.
overall good option ,which gives interior a decent and different look.

Hey Mohit, Congratulations on your beast. The Decals really look good on your car. I guess my perception about these decals have changed a bit. Though I have not seen the cchrome garnish, I thought that they add character to the car. But as you mentioned they look cheap, I guess I will need to rethink on using them.

however, Please post a lot of internal pictures. Especially of the the 2 DIN music system and Seat covers.
hey VICKY
the decals are really awesome.
first i have lots of doubt about how it looks and all.
but now i can definitely and proudly says that tata done a good job with decals.
its a sticker but the quality is very good.Looks good and gives sporty look to the beast.
i just love the side decal.
brother the chrome finishing on lights looks good from far but its a sticker like thing which can be used for decoration purpose although its quality is ok .
i first thought its metal finishing but its not.
ya but its looks nice from far and give different look.
the explorer kit is too costly i guess.

A nice looking beast there [clap]

Regarding the beep sound, when does it come on? If you get the warning beep with the seat belts fastened, you need to get it checked at the TASS.

In some cars, there is a setup where, if seat belt is not fastened and the vehicle is driven at a speed faster than a set speed, a beep sound is heard again for a specified period of time.
Does Storme come with this safety feature?
Other Storme owners may comment here.
EDIT: Excellent move by Tata for incorporating this Seatbelt warning buzzer which stays on above 20 km/h.
P.S : Please fasten the seat belts while driving and do drive safe.
hey MANOJ
tata copies this safety feature from land rover and other foreign cars.
if you do not wearing seat belt a beep sound will ring in every 30 secs.which become irritating after some time.
everyone knows that seat belts are very important but no one wear it everytime.
i look for the solution on net to stop that sound.
learn some ways ,wil try and then post the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats mohit! IMO both the decal looks cool

Now there are lots of number which are in demand especially the VIP one ie single digits(1-9) and repeating no such as 8585 9595 like that kind.

I guess any kind of repeating number will suit

interior of the storm is much better than the dicor.
2-din music system is good.
sounds and sub woofer is good.
but the plastic quality of dash board is not very goodand can be improved.
will post more pics tommorow.

some drivers have problem that while shifting gears it touches the hand although i didnt feel that problem.
its a good option but the lights(background) are dull.
overall good option ,which gives interior a decent and different look.

hey VICKY
the decals are really awesome.
first i have lots of doubt about how it looks and all.
but now i can definitely and proudly says that tata done a good job with decals.
its a sticker but the quality is very good.Looks good and gives sporty look to the beast.
i just love the side decal.
brother the chrome finishing on lights looks good from far but its a sticker like thing which can be used for decoration purpose although its quality is ok .
i first thought its metal finishing but its not.
ya but its looks nice from far and give different look.
the explorer kit is too costly i guess.

hey MANOJ
tata copies this safety feature from land rover and other foreign cars.
if you do not wearing seat belt a beep sound will ring in every 30 secs.which become irritating after some time.
everyone knows that seat belts are very important but no one wear it everytime.
i look for the solution on net to stop that sound.
learn some ways ,wil try and then post the solution.

Hey MUKESH

2-din music system is good and the touch screen sensitivity is also good(dont compare with apple quality).
the phone connectivity,bass and sub woofer options are nice.
wil love if it can play videos too.
it comes with remote which is a good thing.

First of all many congratulations to you on your new possession.

Second, Please, please, please always wear a seat belt while in the car, no matter where you sits in the car. Billions of rupees have been invested on these belts to provide safety to the occupants.
So my suggestion is to stop looking on net to get away that irritating bell sound and start wearing seat belts instead. Because sound of chime is a reminder of for your safety and security and also ask your co occupants to wear their respective seat belts in a proper manner.

Third, Do a proper run in of your vehicle for a long life.
Fourth, if possible go for an oil change at 5000 kms service.
Fifth, Enjoy your vehicle to the fullest ....
Congrats once again for your beast...

Congrats on your Beast buddy. [:D] the Beast looks outstanding. Even im planning to go for explorer edition.Can you please tell me how is the seat cover quality if possible with pics. [;)]

Top Bottom