My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi 7 Seater

Thread Starter #1
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi 7 seater

The Chinese with an Italian heart and American Badge, but from a practical point of view very useful.
The so called globalization outcome.

August 29th:-

Planning to buy a 6/7/8 seater in very near future.

Nature of drive: - Weekly trip of 650 kilometers with 5 persons (will increase to 6 in few months) on board with luggage and office commuting on weekdays with 1 or 2 on board.

Current weekly drive: - 2011 Indica Vista with national engine (Quadrajet) (I didn't by swift only because of the space constraints) I love Maruthi and hate Tata. But in a serious relationship with the Fiat Indian National Engine!

The cars shortlisted now to buy:-

Aria: - back off go to hell, even though the dealer offered me some serious discounts, not a Tata any more only because of the build quality.

Bolero / Xylo: - took the test drive, but in long trips dizziness makes the co passengers to puke which will be a pain for me. Also the mileage is okay! The new xylo is definitely a long distance rider.

Ertiga: - I love it and I could have booked the ZDI long back, but the other passengers especially my dad is not giving the green signal he looks only space and comfort, he says the comfort in Ertiga is less when compared to Enjoy in terms of space and seating

ENJOY :- there are hell lot of negative points which is already explained in the **** official thread by many, but the mileage ,price and comfort for co passenger’s make me turning head towards it seriously from a practical point of view.

Innova: - KMPL Diesel is the only concern rest all is top notch except the price
Ashok Leyland stile (Not Evalia):- No information was available on the time I booked Enjoy!

Why LTZ?
I am planning for LTZ because of the electrical outside rearview adjustment, ABS, Airbag.
Definitely, not for the alloy wheels

September 27:- Sold my 2011 Tata indica vista quadrajet
September 28:- Drove the Enjoy diesel LTZ (Test vehicle at Thrissur showroom) fitted with Red rooster racing Tuning box and was quite impressed with the response.

September 30:- Trivandrum, Booked My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi 7 seater at DEEDI Motors.
Since it was the last working day of second fiscal / half yearly financial closing day, I bargained till 6 PM and got good discounts too.

Applied for the bank loan on the same day and the bank loan was approved without any hassles.
Worked out the No Claim Bonus part with my home insurance agent
Total cost for diesel LTZ: - 896876 INR

Break up:-

Ex showroom: 829488

Tax: 66960

Handling: 5000

Exchange bonus: 20000(to be refunded)

Corporate bonus : 3000(to be refunded)
Insurance: 18428(bumper to bumper full cover)

Extra costs:-
INR 700 for 2 affidavits to be presented for exchange bonus and insurance.

October 3:-
Since the insurance process delayed so the registration. Insurance was sorted by October 7(Monday)
October 8 and 9:- I was not able to register the vehicle on these days as 8th was RTO Strike and on 9th there was no registration in RTO office.

October 10:- Fingers crossed. The registration process to happen today morning and delivery by today evening.

Last edited:
Congrats for Booking Enjoy [clap], I like Enjoy except the Horn position on steering and Breaks.

Apart from that it is a VFM[:)]

Aria: - back off go to hell, even though the dealer offered me some serious discounts, not a Tata any more only because of the build quality.

Are you sure that Aria is not having good build quality when compare to Enjoy[confused]

Thread Starter #4
Hi fobbarkhan, congrats on your enjoy !!!

Waiting for few pic's.. So are you planning add any tuning box ?
The red rooster tuning box is only availiable with the Thrissur dealer as a dealer accessory under warranty.

The tuning box is not availiable as an accessory at Trivandrum dealership and I bought the vehicle from Trivandrum. Thrissur is around 300 kilometers away.

I will be going to Thrissur this weekend , Then i will check it at the Thrissur dealership. Few more things about the warranty also needed to be clarified.

Congrats for Booking Enjoy , I like Enjoy except the Horn position on steering and Breaks.

Apart from that it is a VFM
The horn position i agree with you, about the breaks mine is a LTZ version The ABS and EBD will do some help i guess.

Are you sure that Aria is not having good build quality when compare to Enjoy[confused]
About Tata Aria , being a Tata lover i had strong feeling of buying an Aria.

2.5 years back i bought 2 Tatas(Indica vista quadrajet and Nano Lx) as a walk in customer and I got great discounts for both.

But my life with TASS and Tata for 2.5 years taught me the never trust Tata.

For the Aria test drive I took my dad along with me , The test vehicle was not availiable as it broke down and we offered an other vehicle which was yet to be delivered. i was totally irittated with the rattling sounds coming from a brand new Aria. The so called build quality of Aria !! 1 window was not rolling down , plastic sounds coming from elsewhere , you know the sales adviser admits the sounds and he also provided the solution. The solution was to swith on the music system so that the cabin nose will not he heared[evil]

The cabin noise in a below 5 lakh Tata passenger vehicle can be ignored (As i did it in my Vista) , but in Aria man it really sucks as a product as it is carrying all the tata legacies to screw the customers happiness.

In the Case of Sedan and hatchbacks It seems like the tata have improved a bit but not in the case of Aria.

Hope that helps to identify why enjoy is a tad better than Aria. Sorry for keeping so long.

Last edited:
Welcome to TAI fobbarkhan

Congrats for your Enjoy and your Thread too.It is really nice to read your post!

Congrats on your new enjoy from a fellow enjoy owner Fobbarkhan, well your's is a first LTZ on our forum, hence we need a little comprehensive review from your side.

Please post some pics of your car, this thread isn''t alive with pictures.

Thread Starter #8
Enjoying the Rear wheel drive !

Reached Trivandrum today early morning after a 800 kilometer round trip, 200 kilometers more to go for the first service.

I have hell lot of snaps but have some trouble with internet in uploading it. Will sort out the issue and upload it later, Please accept my apologies for the delay in uploading the snaps

Points I like :-

NATIONAL ENGINE PROVES THAT AGAIN , I GOT ALMOST SAME MILAGE AS OF IN MY TATA INDICA VISTA QUADRAJET aka the FIAT ENGINE

Rear wheel drive Sedan like drive feel.

Silk Smooth gear shift (but the gear have a bit of play)

Commanding driver seat position with height adjustment on, better visibility to all for corners (Thanks to big windows!)

Frigging awesome suspensions , In class middle row and last row comfort for long drives.

No dizziness to the passengers.

Loads of space.

Braking (ABS really helps)

Stock headlamps with fog lamps are powerful.

Rear washer is a must have to give you better visibility on monsoon (Thanks to yesterday's rain)

Points I don't like:-

No lock for glove box and the glove box is very small.

The storage pockets on the doors are only good for magazines.

It is very difficult to understand the readings in the meter at night because of the brightness of the blue LED background.

The driver leg space is really inadequate.

Tillable steering is just for namesake, It won’t tilt much either.

Non height adjustable seatbelts may be a pain for the short people.

Engine noise to cabin is high , especially with AC on.

The key less entry range is so small.

No arm rests for front seats

No option to turn off the passenger airbag

Non waterproof headlights and fog lamps

The reach of the rear sensors are a bit low.

ICE :-

Centre console and the music system. I was able to play the music stored in my Nokia mobile through the usb cable attached. But I was not able to pair the smart phones (i phone 4s and Samsung S2)

The button quality on the single din music system seems to be not more reliable.

Ride quality :-

The maximum speed archived is 110 KMPH .

Tried a sudden break with out hand on steering the ABS worked perfectly fine and the vehicle stopped in same line.

The ride feel is very good and the suspension gives you car like feel drive and comfort.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Enjoy @ 4500 kilometers

Sorry for not posting/updating for so long time.

I remember reading the luggage space is very less for Enjoy in few of the reviews in internet.

Please have a look at what i carried last week end.

A gas cylinder,2 bags and some miscellaneous . Also a suitcase which i kept under the last row seat which is not visible in the snap.

sorry for the bad quality snaps. i took it in my mobile cam at night.

A gas cylinder (it was empty !) easily sits in the boot of the enjoy.

A quick update :- I completed 4500 kilometers , getting a mileage of 18 KMPL when checked with a full tank of diesel with mixed driving of town, country and highway.

The suspension is which i like the most then the rear viper and defogger which is really helpful on rain drives.

The stock headlamps and fog lamps seems to be powerful for night drives so i dropped of fixing a pair or hella Rallye 3003 compact.

One night the ABS helped me to stop the vehicle correctly on a sudden break while driving on a wet road in heavy rain.

The angle seems to be very low for the tilt steering.

The driver seat adjustment is helpful for ladies , my wife find it more comfortable.

The music system is not bad. The USB helps me to play music from my phone. No iphone compatibility.

The Ash tray is detachable.

The internally adjustable ORVM's really help me while reversing along with the rear parking sensors.

The turning radius seems to be amazing along with the power steering.

The comfort of the middle row seat in long journeys is awsome.

The remote range on the key is very less and the glove box is so small.

The door pockets are only good for magazines.

The gear shifts needed to be fast paced else the overhead AC unit will give some vibration sound.

Also the fog inside the headlight and fog lamp needed to be addressed to CASS

I am planning for a F1 blinker to be fixed near the rear number plate , any suggestions ?

Any one tried wooden trim dash board ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Fobby,
Thats some useful luggage space for a seven seated.The mileage of 18 is too good,still can't believe it.Hope it gives you trouble free service for many years to come.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Wow 4500 kms in 2 months ? I have just crossed 4 k in 4 months.

The fog inside the head lamps is a common issue. They have mentioned the same in the owners manual too. I got one of the head lamp replaced for the same issue.

I am really missing the rear wiper since mine is a LS version.

How do you feel the tires ? Also the rear suspension bottoms out when the car is fully loaded, do you face this issue.

How about the rear window glass rattling when they are half open ?

Last edited:
From your first post it seems that you end up not buying the car you would prefer and would have been a better choice.

Welcome to TAI fobbarkhan and that was one of the detailed review about Enjoy and there are so many keen observation. Great and am sure this will be useful for so many others.

I think the following are some common problems with Chevvy. Even I face this problem in my sparky also.

• Horn position in steering wheel. Mostly I dive holding the center position in city.
  • The driver leg space is really inadequate. Sometimes i take this as + point as i can rest my left leg.

BTW, I know spark is very old release in Chevy. Am sure lot of people would have mentioned this. In-spite of that, how come Chevy repeating the mistake again. (But Beat is not like that)

@sethumurugan the reason behind this particular issue may be ,to the region the vehicle is targeted.Spark and Enjoy mainly delivers to south asia(China ,Korea and Thailand) ,while Beat is designed as an international car.[:)]

Top Bottom