A New Girl in Town - My Sleek & Sexy Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX

Thread Starter #1
Its been around a year I was thinking to get a new car. We already have a car Maruti 800 (its My father’s) which is around 10 years old and its in great shape & condition. We use this car very less the existing one did 25k km in 10 years so you can guess. Whenever we do long drives or weekend trips we took my uncles new car XUV5OO, as its big and lots of space, we all family member can travel together. So this way our existing car have more less use. I knew if I buy a new car, this will have less use too but I just wanted my own car, my 1st car, a stylish great looking car. My only requirement was a great looking car, inside and outside. Sedan is always my dream car, I love it.

Selecting the car:

At the start my 1st like was Ford Fiesta, but later I didn’t like its interior and after sometime when I saw Verna I liked its everything. Verna was at top in my list for its looks but still I looked for alternatives, if anything more better. I knew its issues and problems. Time passed but no new model launched, only Chevrolet Sail but its not that good also it has a Hatchback version.

Its something like I don’t like or try to avoid a Sedans which have a Hatchback versions. Like Swift, Vento, Sail and many more. What happens if you see a car from front angle you wont get it it’s a sedan or a hatchback. Its like most of the sedan car except premiums, all have a Hatchback version. Only the exception was Verna in a base segment sedan car. However i20 is something like its Hatchback version but still it looks different from frontend. So it was perfect for me.

As an alternative I checked Vento in a VW fair near to my home. I have so less time due to my work that all the research I did ONLY over internet. And only I check these two cars physically. So I took a Vento TD and it was great confident while driving, but after a little time I did Verna TD and I was having difficulties to drive it, so I took TD again and 2nd time it was better. Like all knows the rear view and window height is very high and it gives poor outside view while driving.

Buying experience:

I could go for Vento, it has mouthwatering discounts, I could save at least 50k. Both of these car had almost same price. But later had to reject Vento ONLY because it has no door lock in any window except driver side and other few reasons. Then I check with two well known Hyundai Dealer in my City Kolkata. My 1st choice was Mukesh Hyundai which is near to my home 10-15km away and I took both TD with them. The 1st sales guy from them wasn’t good, didn’t explained anything. So while taking 2nd TD I explained everything why I need a 2nd TD and I really want to go with them for booking as its near to my home and I have less time for these. But the 2nd sales guy was almost same. No discounts that is fine but he even told me that there have no way I can see or PDI the car before sent it for Registration. I clearly said without this I cant take the car. I know this automobile industry very well. But on the same day got a call from the 1st guy and got very miss behave, rude taking etc. all these because I didn’t booked the car yet. It was out or my expectation and I gave him a strong reply.

On the same day another sales guy came from a Very old dealer Bengal Hyundai and its 30km away from my home. The guy came with a finance guy. The sales guy was decent and he said no problem with PDi the car before reg and I was ready to booking but I was confused about White and Silver color, the guy took us to a nearest service station and show a Silver one we all like that and I immediately booked the car, my choice was white earlier but then change my mind as white is very common.

The overall buying experience was good at Bengal Hyundai Parkstreet, The sales guy was very friendly and I was very polite with him. I told him at my age (29) there have very less people who can buy a premium car by their own earned money so I’ve lots of expectation with this car and he understands that.

I had only three conditions:
1) my car should be a recent manufactured dated car.
2) I will PDI the car before sent it for registration. As after registration I cant do anything if any issue appear.
3) the car shouldn’t use for any display and the sales guy kept his promises and delivered in schedule (7th October). Mine is 1st Aug 2013 Production.

The car had 37km in ODO while taking delivery and I didn't bother with that. I was happy to see that the ODO wasn’t disconnected and the car wasn’t driven after I PDI as I checked the ODO reading also the car isn’t polished at the showroom before delivery, which is a good sign, just wet cloth wipe and all that shine.

But two thing disappoint me: I had already approved loan from Magma finance at very reasonable rate of interest with bonus from BankBazar. The Kotak finance guy from showroom quoted slight less than that at the time of booking. It has processing fees but it has one good feature is if I foreclose after 2.5yr there will be no charge where Magma has 5% flat. So I decided to go for that but at the time of final signing while making the final payment at the showroom, the finance guy said the interest rate will be .26% extra due to RBI bla bla rules and its looks like the sales guy also involves as he was trying to convince me, it was just like a cheating at the end moment as people are eager to take the delivery fast. I had a talk with the finance guy just a day before but he didn’t told me anything. But I know these tricks and clearly said I’ve another car and no hurry for a new car, I will only take the loan as per the quotation you gave and I’ve another approved loan ready so no worries. Then he did some phone call and agreed. Another one is the sales guy said the registration will be done before delivery but that missed, I’ve to take the car one day to RTO to show the car. Except these everything went through fine, and I’m really happy for the car.

Another good thing is the showroom guy gave a free floor mats which he promised earlier and the mat quality is very good, it’s a carpet like material which has Verna written not just a plastic one.

Also before delivery I made a list or required docs and etc from this discussion http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/14678-new-car-delivery-documents-check.html but during the delivery I didn’t get the Owner’s Manual the sales guy said I will get it when the original Reg number will be ready. So that I cant go through the manual and few hidden/detailed features.

My question is: the turning mirror is automated fold but once by mistake I folded one from outside by hand, does that damage anything?

The car was neat and clean during delivery, just like a recent assembled one. But while taking home it was heavily raining and lots of traffic, the car is little dirty now and so far I couldn’t gave her a bath. I left my camera at car outside and it was heavily raining also we’re very late so had no enough time for snaps. Still attaching few bellow. Thanks

Accessories fitted:

Only mud flap :biggrin: and Brought a full body cover from showroom which cost Rs, 1550 don’t know its reasonable or not. I also checked seat cover at there, I know at showroom these cost higher but check the quality of seat cover. It was leather like seat cover and these were from 6.5k to 9.5k. All quality looks good. Probably I will get the seat cover next week but I will check another shop in market.

20131007_151117.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

Last edited:
congrats for your new ride and wish you million mile with it.Have you taken from Bengal hyundai?its very near to my office

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
@ swiftkolkata Yes I took it from Parkstreet Bengal Hyundai main branch, its location is fine but far away from my home town. We took another car (Santro) from here long time back. Then it was the only Hyundai dealer in Kolkata. Ultimately old is gold. Happy with their services.

@ vishnu vichu thanks. Its just wiped cleaned, not polished. I will do the polish and sealant with Meguiar’s product. Lets see how its looks then.

@ AppU Thanks

Anyone knows from where I can purchase Meguiar’s products online or any shop in Kolkata where I can get these at reasonable rate? I found these but not sure if their rate is fine. As comparing with another online shopping cart the rates are different. Please advice.
Buy Meguiar's Ultimate Polish -Pre- Waxing Polish/ Glaze 473 ml Online in India | Autotrends.in Online Car Accessories Store
Meguiar - Ultimate Polish - Buy Car Care Products Online | Snapdeal.com

So far a great thing I found is the both side automated adjusted RVM can turn down/adjust like a way that you can see the left side rear wheel from the driver seat and same for the right side mirror. The roads have sharp turn here and it’s a great blind spot viewer while parking.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
congrats on the ride. nice to see some girls onboard. keep us posted about your trips and experience.

Congrats for your new ride, ,Fludic verna is excellent drive. My one friend also have this same. he never tired to shut his mouth to talk about verna.

Thread Starter #8
@ bhvm and relquo Thanks, yes Verna is little backdated now, its around 2years back model but still its looks much better than other cars in that segment. Its feeling is awesome. Yes I will update and keep posting.

Congrats for the verna mate. Waiting for more pictures. [:)] just one suggestion get rid of the ribbon from front bonnet asap as it can lead to scratches on your bonnet.

Thread Starter #10
Congrats for the verna mate. Waiting for more pictures. [:)] just one suggestion get rid of the ribbon from front bonnet asap as it can lead to scratches on your bonnet.
I’m not sure these ribbons can create scratches as these are slightly touching the surface. It lets other knows that it’s a recent delivered car :biggrin:. Still I will remove them tomorrow anyway, as I don’t like any stuff on my car.

Congrats Soumen.sam on your new acquisition. Its an absolute looker. And good to know that you got the updated version with the new designed alloy wheels. Is the spare tyre also an alloy? I was told that during the update, Hyundai has very smartly removed the 5th tyre as an alloy and put a normal rim instead to keep the costs down. Please check and let us know. I have the same model in the very same color, its now 2 years old with 12k on the odo.

P.S. - Don't try to manually fold the ORVM's from outside as it will break the relay used for its folding.

Thread Starter #15
Congrats Soumen.sam on your new acquisition. Its an absolute looker. And good to know that you got the updated version with the new designed alloy wheels. Is the spare tyre also an alloy? I was told that during the update, Hyundai has very smartly removed the 5th tyre as an alloy and put a normal rim instead to keep the costs down. Please check and let us know. I have the same model in the very same color, its now 2 years old with 12k on the odo.

P.S. - Don't try to manually fold the ORVM's from outside as it will break the relay used for its folding.
Thanks GM88. Yes when I saw news over internet about the newer version, I wait for booking until its confirmed and the updated one available at the dealer.

No, its spare tire alloy has been removed for the new model and it’s a normal rim now. I could go for the later model, the sales guy offered but didn’t do that as I needed a recent MFG car. About the rim I knew that before booking and I could easily get a same alloy from the service center sometime later. Also the rear seat center headrest also removed. But there was few advantages like the remote has trunk opener and all the power window have backlit.

The manually mirror fold was done by me for a purpose, I was standing beside the left side mirror and a worker pulling something like a desk or so, to avoid a hit I quickly fold the mirror. And definitely I will not do it again.

Top Bottom