Hyundai i20 Magna (O) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi, Our i20 has completed 1 year just few days ago. So before starting the review I am going to write a bit as to how we narrowed down on this.

Search Begins

Budget - At first we had a budget of 5Lacs. But after a bit discussing we thought it is not sufficient for what we need in a car.

Requirements - Looks, features, good engine response, easy Driving in city traffic conditions.

Shortlisted Cars - We shortlisted the following cars - Hyundai i20, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ford Figo, Fiat Punto, Nissan micra.

Hyundai i20 - We went to the Hyundai dealer, There was a white i20 sportz parked. TD taken and everyone in our family like it. Its looks, features and interior quality is what everybody like. The car works best as a city car. It is easy to drive though thanks to its Light clutch, Superlight steering and good engine response. However the Stable highway manner is what Hyundai needs to work with.

Maruti Suzuki Swift - We get the Swift VXi for TD. Like it because of its smooth engine, ride and handling. But it disappoint me because of its Space and price. The boot is very small. And The price I think is high because it is offered with a little goodies.

Ford Figo - Overall liked it because of its space, Ride and handling and Price. But a bit disappointing because of interior quality, Looks, AFSS.

Fiat Punto - TD it and liked it very much because of its Strong build, Looks, features. But ruled out because of Poor AFSS and performance.

Nissan Micra - Good manoeuverability, Quality interiors, Features and responsive engine (diesel). But ruled out because of petrol response and AFSS.

Conclusion - After TD, research we came to conclusion to buy the Hyundai i20 Magna (o) because of its looks, features, Good engine response.

Driving Experience

Ride and handling – Its ride is very smooth with a very light handle helps easy manouvering in the city. The highway driving is not that good. But its good at 80-100 after crossing 100 the steering feels like holding nothing.

Space - The space in is great. The Front legroom is very good. And at the rear is same. Its very comfortable inside.

Engine –It comes with a 1.2 litre VTVT petrol engine. Its very silent. Its soo silent that sometimes our car is started and my dad is starting is again and again. Then he says something is wrong with the car.

Features - The i20 magna (o) is the most popular among the models of i20 because of its features. In such good price you are getting so much goodies like Climate control, Electrically foldable ORVMs, Music System etc.

Likes - looks, features, Good engine response, Easy driving.

Dislikes - Highway driving, A bit stable after crossing three digit speed.

Check some pics:

Some more snaps [:)] :

DSC00584.JPG

DSC00585.JPG

DSC00587.JPG

DSC00588.JPG

DSC00589.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

DSC00578.JPG

DSC00573.JPG

DSC00582.JPG

DSC00581.JPG

DSC00595.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00577.JPG

DSC00579.JPG

DSC00580.JPG

DSC00590.JPG

DSC00601.JPG

DSC00592.JPG

Congratulations buddy. Enjoyed reading your driving experience. It was crisp and to the point. As anshuman said please change the steering wheel cover. IMO a dark grey colored steering wheel will match with the interior of the car

Thread Starter #5
Thanks D.J.D. and anshuman8 [:)]. I am thinking of changing the steering wheel soon. [:D]

Check a pic of my car when going to my Brother's wedding. [clap]
IMG_0037 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Congrats buddy..Enjoy your i20...The car looks good in white...
Question: I thought Magna i20 does not have the in built ICE setup. You pics has it. Does Hyundai provides this for i20.

Thread Starter #7
Congrats buddy..Enjoy your i20...The car looks good in white...
Question: I thought Magna i20 does not have the in built ICE setup. You pics has it. Does Hyundai provides this for i20.
Thanks. I appreciate your comments.[clap]

Answer : The ICE is available in the magna optional model. But not in magna.[:)]

Thread Starter #8
Can anyone help me. I want to fit fog lamps to my i20. But when I went to the Hyundai service centre they told that I had to change the bumper [frustration]. Can I fit fog lamps without changing bumpers in Local stores? Is it possible? If anyhow possible please help. [confused]

DRL s and fog lamps for 2012 i20

Hi guys this is my first post here .

I wanted to know where can I get aftermarket fog lamps and Day time running lights for my i20 .I have 2012 Magna (o) version .What will be cost approximately if possible ?

Top Bottom