Honda CITY 2013 Corporate Edition: Sabino

Thread Starter #1
This is my First Ownership Thread. Suggestions are always invited::

As DOCTOR by profession I am completely new to this site please let me know where i need to improve.

History - Searching for the right car.
I decided to buy a car in July 2013.Petrol was my priority as my daily travel is less than 20kms. I was looking into hatchbacks like the Swift,i20 etc. because I didn't want to spend too much on my car. Plus, in a city like Hyderabad , I thought a hatch would be best to navigate and park. I finally settled on the i20. Looking at the cost of i20 was little tweaked to go for sedans in the same price range.

Linea: Very good car. Has got mostly everyting I wanted.However, I doubted about fiat’s service and also felt insecure after knowing past fiat behaviors in India.

Vento: Visited Volkswagen showroom,they were least interested to offer a TD too. I would never recommend Volkswagen cars to any one.Their SA dint even attend me for 20mins.

Verna:This was a direct no from my Dad don't knw why i dint even do a TD.

Then I started searching for second-hand sedans in the same price range. I found a lot of brokers with Honda Civics (2008/2009 models) within my budget, but it's not easy to tell if the odos have been fixed or not, maintenance was a big issue too.

But then, something changed...
Went to the showroom to take a look at used CIVIC car. I walked around dint go with the used car as it got many wear n tears. While returning back noticed a New White city VMT version.Returned home,all night thinking about which car should I buy either a used or new..!! Next day morning I discussed with parents regarding,Got a green signal from them to go for a new car [:)][:)] budget was 8-9lakhs.

FINAL DECISION:
After 2 weeks Went back to the showroom at about 3:30 pm and checked out Honda city variants in my budget
1.Honda City Corporate Ed
2.Honda City EMT {EMT was extending my budget by 40K more}

Did a TD in a busy road.
Its an amazing car very responsive engine.A gem of a engine, with very good low end torque, strong mid-range and top end. Great economy as well, I got 11.4 in a bumper to bumper traffic.

Paid booking amount of 10k for Honda City Corporate{White} on 15 September.
Delivery estimated: 2 weeks

Mr Rasheed , my SA rang me during the last week of september on 27/09 and told me that my vehicle has arrived. I had downloaded the pre-delivery inspection chart and took a print out of the same headed to the showroom on the next day with a friend, who is also a vehicle enthusiasts.Vehicle was in the showroom,where i first saw my ride.

Booking and delivery experience from the dealership:
Dealer: Pride Honda
Sales Person: Mr Rasheed
Booked on: 15/09/2013
Delivered On: 02/10/2013

Discounts/offers:
1. 15k loyality
2. 20k free insurance
3. Mudflaps
4. Floor mats
5. car cover
6. Wheelcaps

The ex-showroom Hyderabad cost of the car is INR 7.42 Lakhs.
OTR with extended warranty was 8.68 lakhs.

On top of this I have got the following done: Autocop XS keyless entry, stock audio system.(CE doesn't come with Audio setup)

Amount paid:8.45,000{including all extra fittings}

A few more yet to do: 3M sunfilm (F/R/Side), reverse parking sensors,fog lights.

REVIEW ON DAY 1:

NAMED::::::: Sabino

Exterior:
The car looks elegant and with the slightly tweaked bumpers has a little more imposing stance but you will be hard pressed to find differences & not many notice your car. Some notice the chrome grill & a few the rear light cluster.

Suspension & Handling
The suspension has been raised by 5 mm and is at times evident from the side profile. However, the car doesn't scrape anywhere. I personally feel that the suspension has been stiffened.
The steering seems a little heavier with better feedback. Have not gone above 2500 rpm or 80 kmph so thats the initial feedback.

Interior:
I personally prefer black interiors & the corporate edition just seemed to be like a gift to me. There is very little chrome inside.

Overall build quality and fit & finish:
Build quality and over all fit and finish are excellent.

Good:
ABS & Airbags not skipped on CE.
Electric Side View Mirrors.
Very comfortable seats & oodles of space.
Rev happy engine (during run-in restraint is painful!)

What’s sorely missed and disliked
- [frustration]ACC and Bluetooth Audio System
-Auto folding mirrors.
-Only instant fuel economy, it doesn’t give average fuel consumption.
-Super weak headlights
-Blue illumination for the speedometer console, however Orange illumination for the centre console. Looks odd.

Attachments

Congratulations on your Honda City.Gem of vtec engines to drive around.
Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Congrats on your new Honda City saimad4u. Its still one of the most desirable car's in India with a cult fan following. Hope you have a great ownership experience with Honda and we would love to hear on your regular inputs about the car's performance.

Wishing you lots of miles and smiles with your new City. Drive safe![drive]

P.S. - Do upload more pics of your car. Both Interiors as well as Exteriors.

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear saimad4u

First, accept my congratulations for having joined with the Honda City family.

May God bless you with every happiness in life.

ANHC 2013 Corporate Edition is definitely value for money. Black interior suits well with the taffeta white and today many ANHC international models have the black interior.

You mentioned the wheel caps are offers – is it really? I think they are standard fitments.

Yes. Your first priority should be for reverse parking sensors, if possible a voice type. It would be very useful to park such a big car.

Kindly checkup the odometer, if I am not wrong, it gives both instant & average fuel consumption.

I agree with you over your comments on weak headlights, blue illumination & Orange illumination combinations.

Stock audio system? Oh… very good. How much did you pay for it? Did you get the one with remote?
What did you do for the speakers? Original ones?

Share your feelings & experience.

I have added many new stories of my experience, which I hope would be of use to you. Especially the topic on :
PART XI:
THE MISTAKES I DID IT IN MY CAR WHICH I DON’T WANT YOU TO DO IT:

Bye.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
@ Dr MUDHAN THANKS FOR YOUR WISHES..and also for clearing my doubts in your thread.[clap]

I am a keen follower of your thread..![:)]

wheel caps are standard fitments – is it really?-- I was told they were given as freebie.[surprise]

I went with stock audio system as any outside fitment will void my electrical warranty. The technician was very clear that if i go for an outside fitment there might sure be some issues and he showed me example of two cars who did fitment from outside and the airbag light was on. Honda guys made them to pay full payment for wiring change.I also spoke with those owners they advised me to go with Honda for electrical fitment.

I also checked other 2din systems like JVC and SONY but showroom price was in 23-27 range.I felt its not worth spending.

PRICE:15000 {with remote}

Speakers: I went with the stock ones I am not an audiophile.

Last edited:

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Dr

Nice interiors. Matching extra foot mat - yes needed.

You have taken the right decision to go for the stock audio system with stock speakers, really they go very well. Don’t forget to tune the audio – fader and equalizer set up. I keep more towards the front as I self drive, and to have the best bass/ treble, ‘energy ‘setting of the EQ.

Have you checked up the Multi-Information Display which puts your average and instant fuel consumption? Go to trip meter and press the lever few seconds to make your average zero and to start to know what is your average.

I hope CE version has dual horns.

Please read about my recent write up on head light upgrade:

PART XIII:
SHALL WE GO FOR PHILIPS X-TREME VISION BULBS? :

Dr.MUDHAN

Thread Starter #13
Dr MUDHAN

ordered foot 3D mats from ebay waiting for delivery.. yes i have checked the multi_info display its shows average and also distance to empty. thanks for the trip meter info. yes CE comes with dual horns.

It might be helpful if u post few pictures with philips xtreme vision bulbs..!!both low beam and high beam.

Any idea of having DRL's??

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dr MUDHAN

ordered foot 3D mats from ebay waiting for delivery.. yes i have checked the multi_info display its shows average and also distance to empty. thanks for the trip meter info. yes CE comes with dual horns.

It might be helpful if u post few pictures with philips xtreme vision bulbs..!!both low beam and high beam.

Any idea of having DRL's??
Doc,
I have uploaded the Philips XV beam snaps in my thread:
Yes, I will write about the DRLs.

Top Bottom