Our Tata Indica DLS - More Car. Per Car, Actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I am here again with a new ownership review, it is actually not my car but it’s my uncle's. He is an artist and a teacher who traveling a lot for his profession all over India. Most of the trips, he choose to go by train or bus and he never felt a need of a car but the main reason is his 10 years of old Hero Honda doing his local runs well.

However last year we decided to buy a car for him and our only requirement is it to be a low cost diesel hatch. A car for him meant to be run a lot and he was not ready to spend huge amount for a new car.

Searched a lot through several sources and finally we got a good deal on a 2007 Tata Indica DLS non turbo and it was a yellow boarded car. btw we changed it to white now.

Checked the car with price. Being a known person driven car, we decided to go ahead. Finally we brought a 2007 per-owned oil burner Tata Hatch.

After getting the car home I took it for a spin and did some DIYs and basic maintenance.

My initial impression with the car was bad. I didn't like the sluggish diesel mill and heaviness of the car. It is a DLS model coming with power steering and AC with lot of features comparing to my Alto like tacho meter, parcel shelf, dimming meter light and all.

Anyway for me it was not impressed car and I given back the car to my uncle after fixing old broken Sony xplod and speakers.

In the last 5 months I never driven the car. I hate its motor and road behaviors. But anyways several times I went with him to workshop for changing tyres, oils like things.

I was not impressed with Tata indica. But last month I took the car for a long trip to a hilly area because of my alto kept with ASS for the accident repair. The story completely changed in me

Tata Indica performed well on the hilly area and given us a mind blowing mileage of 19kmpl with full time AC. But the best part is Indica climbed the hill all the way up without any issues. Thanks to her good torque. Mostly driven her in second gear. The hydraulic power steering behaved like butter and the spacious interiors accommodated five crazy boys comfortably.

The reason of this review mentioned above. I am in love with this car and the reason is the spacious interiors and mileage. There is lots of DIYs to do though as I found so many warning lights inside the meter console. And none of them activated. [frustration]

DIY masters please advise me to activate seat belt warning like lights inside the meter.

I am sharing some of the pics as well; these photos taken when we brought the car and once I am home will share you more.

Positives of our Tata Indica DLS
Space, space and space all over
Hydraulic power steering
Mileage
Tacho meter and some of the features which doesn’t offering entry level cars like dimming meter console back light, 12V socket.

Negatives
Sluggish Engine
Vibrating gear liver
Suspension
Quality of plastics.

There is no matter whatever negatives and positives this car has. This car doing duty well for Us.

Maintenance also not difficult. In our place there is a trusted Tata mechanic running a good workshop. [clap]

Overall this is a value for money car for us!

15072012002.jpg

15072012003.jpg

15072012004.jpg

26082012044.jpg

26082012045.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Our Tata Indica DLS- More car per car actually

I'm the first person who wishing you here :)

Because, I love Indica. I hope you know about my Black Indica: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6-tata-indica-v2-dls-1-00-000-kms-review.html

I driven my Black Indica like anything. It does it job perfectly[clap]. I like its calm face and decent stlying[:)]

I bet, Once you used too its space, your heart will never ready to go with cramped space cars[:)]

BTW, I wish you a Million of miles ahead [:)]

Thread Starter #3

Yes I know about your Indica., I was terribly wrong about indica before but now I know her capabilities. Thanks for your wishes [:D]

Good to see another Indica owner. Don't know why most of the people don't like Indica may be a taxi ride. But, once you get laid, it will never let you down. Regarding DIY, well I am also a noob in this case. In our car, beep sound activate whenever the driver side door is opened with the key in the ignition.

Congrats & Wishing you lots & lots of miles. Drive safe!

Here is another person (me) whom you can check with if you have any questions at anytiime about Indica DLS V2, checkout my username [;)]. Parted with it with a heavy heart about two months back after 12 years of use to get a new UV now.

Congrats for your Indica.
I love this car, before 6 months i was planned to buy the Indica V2 Bs3 LS for my family, just because of the Space, Comfort,low Inital cost & running cost.
Though never owned, i driven Indica more than 10K km. There are 3 Indica Dls (2008-09 models) in my known circles.I think one is same colour(grey).Am i Wrong(Silver)?

Thread Starter #7

Congrats for your Indica.
I love this car, before 6 months i was planned to buy the Indica V2 Bs3 LS for my family, just because of the Space, Comfort,low Inital cost & running cost.
Though never owned, i driven Indica more than 10K km. There are 3 Indica Dls (2008-09 models) in my known circles.I think one is same colour(grey).Am i Wrong(Silver)?
It is silver.,

Thread Starter #8
Hi Folks,

The car has been sold., Not sold actually exchanged with a brand new Wagon R Lxi., Got only 1 lakh but it was a good price because of the condition and ODO reading. it has covered 195000 Kilometers and engine not opened till date.

I would start an ownership thread for the waggy. Mods please close this thread! Thank you!

Thread Closed - End of one journey and beginning of the other, All the very best. Look forward to the Wagon R thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom