My Swift....My Red Angel

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys....

After long research finalized Swift Lxi in Breezing red color.Its all started when i went to service my pre owned Ford fiesta diesel to ford ASS(40K Service).If you people don't know happened next then pls go through below link to read the horror story of purchasing second hand carhttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/14148-ford-fiesta-old-40k-kms-service-done.html[frustration]

Had discussed with my wife regarding the issue with ford fiesta and more over the car was no more reliable to travel long distance with one & half year baby on highway so both of us decided to say good bye to her(Ford Fiesta).

Started looking to sell her as soon as possible as we have heard that all car manufacturer going to increase there price by first week of October and specially we wanted to have our new car before Durga puja.Ad posted to quikr and olx and received good response.One fine morning i got a call from one gentleman and asking for my car details and told me he wanted to see my car that day only and if he like it then he will close the deal right way.In the evening he came and seen my car and liked it and wanted to make the cash payment and wanted to take the car right way but he is not really interested in any paper work and after hearing the same i took back step and cancel the deal.Then i though it will be risky to sell the car to a unknown person for some buck and decided to exchange the car in dealer point only.

I have TD mostly all the hatchback available in india except for I10,Alto,Eon,Beat,spark as all this car i dont like personally(no offense to the owners)

Shortlisted few car like Fiat Punto(D),Sail UVA(D),I20(P),Swift(P),Ford Figo(D),TATA Vista(D)

Fiat Punto:-Its one of the best hatchback car available in india be its look or performance.Almost finalized it but at 11th hour i had a talk to one of the punto owner in kolkata and asked about the FASS and after hearing the horror story from the owner itself about the FASS in kolkata i back out from the deal as the said owner is planing to sell his car just due to ASS of Fiat.

Sail UVA:-Good Car very specious but the interior fit and finish is not up to the mark.Engine problem is there so don't want to take any risk so its out of the list.

I20:-no doubt this is queen of all the hatch,very specious,with all gadgets,good boot space but the only drawback is power and steering and its more costly as compare to others.

Ford Figo(D):-Real VFM car but don't want to go for another ford and the engine noisy and don't know why my not like figo[confused]

Swift(P):-Earlier also i was having Swift but the new generation swift is more specious and stylist compare to her older sibling.Handling is superb and comparison only can be done with punto.

After all research work done decided to go for trusted and proven Swift in blezing red colour.

Dealership Experience-In kolkata Maruti have good number of dealership and i want to exchange my car so i contacted all of them for my car valuation and Bhandari Automobile Gariahat quoted me the highest value so decided to go with them.SE is a very good guy and help me lot to get my car within 5 days after booking.After booking the car applied for car loan from Axis bank and they approve my loan within 1 and half day.Paid dealer my down payment and asked for the VIN number and decode the same and fount its August manufactured car.PDI done smoothly and found car is in good condition.Overall Bhandari Automobile gariahat is good.

D-Day:-After clearing all the payment i want to take the delivery of my car on sunday and as per my wish SE arrange the same on sunday.Reached dealer point at 3.30PM and checked all the accessory.Handover the key of my red angel to my baby angel and puja offered.

not its time to......

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Photo shoot of my Red Angel [:)]

Attachments

Nice Clicks. Swift is always a decent performer. Except for the boot space, I dont think you will face any issue, especially in a new car. [:)]

Wonder why didn't you check for ASS record of old fiesta. Thats the thumb rule to get the correct odo.

Enjoy swift and drive safe.

Congrats on the new Swift again.

Couple of requests -

1. Can you tell me from where you fitted that JVC player as I have the same model in my car but cannot find the same finishing panel in BLR. If you have put that panel how much did it cost.

2. Can you please PM me the price list of Maruti cars in Kolkata?

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #5
Congrats on the new Swift again.

Couple of requests -

1. Can you tell me from where you fitted that JVC player as I have the same model in my car but cannot find the same finishing panel in BLR. If you have put that panel how much did it cost.

2. Can you please PM me the price list of Maruti cars in Kolkata?

Cheers,
Anshuman
Anshuman i fitted that JVC player from dealership only and price is Approx 8440/-

Congrats Swift_kokatta for your new Swift[clap]

It looks sporty in this shade and the interiors matching to it properly.

Have a million of Miles ahead :)

Congrats for your red swift. Wishing you happy miles with the beauty. btw what is the mileage she gives?

congratulations on your new ride mate, looks nice in this red shade.
Wishing you many happy miles with it.
Your steering cover looks out of the sync with rest of your interiors and seat covers, try to change that to black or red black combo like your seat covers.
What deal you got for your swift,discounts freebies if can share with cost breakups of your cars final amount your paid.

Thread Starter #13
congratulations on your new ride mate, looks nice in this red shade.
Wishing you many happy miles with it.
Your steering cover looks out of the sync with rest of your interiors and seat covers, try to change that to black or red black combo like your seat covers.
What deal you got for your swift,discounts freebies if can share with cost breakups of your cars final amount your paid.
@Tenida..thanks and wish you also very happy Mahalaya and subho Durgo Pujo in advance.

@Vijay..Total breakup of price is

OTR price in kolkata-5.25L
less Exchange bonus:-20000
Total Accs:-18400(JVC double din HU,4 speaker,Wheel Cap,side molding,Seat cover)
Free Accs:-mud flap.perfume,idol,steering cover and Rs 1100/- cash discount coupon)

Total :-5.23L

Top Bottom