My White Beat - LT Petrol

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

After greeting a good bye to my 6 years OLD Santro with close to 60K on ODO the decision of getting a new car in today’s date was one of the most difficult for me. You can refer to my Santro ownership report on below link -
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5288-santro-gl-excellent-car-segment.html
Almost each brand had its own sweet positives and bitter negatives and wanted to decide among all the car I have in my budget. The issue (I guess) with almost all of us is we tend to demand more and more but always lack with few hundred bucks when it comes to Vitamin M.
This time as well we had the same dilemma and deciding new car was really a pain. We have a habit of changing our cars once they have crossed 5 Years or 50 K kms.
Earlier we had a Cream color Fiat followed by silver Carb Zen followed by Red Santro. This time we had decided to go with different make and different color.
I had a strict budget of 4.5 L +- 20 K for the new car. Monthly running being less than 1000 Kms decided to go with Petrol only and looking at budget have to stick with hatchback.
I won’t write much about all the deals we studied but will cut short at my purchase of Beat Petrol LT model.
We purchased a white car with on road price tag of 4.85 L. the dealership experience of Singh Motors was a great. I especially liked there sandwiches the most. (yes they did offered me sandwiches when I went to book the car). I booked the car on 24th Aug and got the car delivered with number on 29th August morning 11 AM.
Got below freebies –
Mud Flaps, Matting, GM Remote Central locking, perfume, seat covers, steering cover, Ganesh idol and Chevy Soft Toy. (Yet to receive this since it was not in stock at the time of delivery.
Below is my take on Beat. I agree that I have done till date only 800 Kms and might not be too strong to put my ownership comments but assure to pass my experience as and when required.

Exterior: This is better leave up to readers since today when the industry is flooded with too many cars each individual have their own perspective. I personally judge the car by its performance, maintenance cost, FE & very important the budget I have.

Interior: I am happy with the finishing and dashboard look and feel of the car. No complaints or regrets on this. However like Santro I doubt if 3rd person can be adjusted in rear seats. The car seems perfect for 4 people on board only. The boot space as discussed by others seems to be too less but since I rarely travel on long drives or long trips I am OK on this part as well.
About the Car: The car has excellent pick up in this segment. The car provides an ease comfort in bumper to bumper traffic in Pune City. Gears are not too smooth but have driven my friends Beat which gives a smooth effect. This will change I guess after few Thousand KMS. FE is something which I have to check it since the car is too new and is in running period. But I do keep records of every fuel and reading I use and as of now the mileage return is close to 15 KM/LTR with 100 % AC ON and mixed traffic (city + highway). Over all within the 700 KMS I travelled I have overall found Beat to be a decent car with no major issues faced.
Some negatives –
As said above all cars come with its own positive and negatives I am just listing the negative parts which I thought they are negative. This shall help the prospective buyers to decide if they can live with these negatives –
1. The Boot space is very less. Although one can fold the rear seats but what if 4 friends decide to go for a 2 day trip each having 1 small bag. No it’s not sufficient.
2. The clutch, Break & accelerator pedals are bit high and give an ankle pain for initial few days until you get used to its styling. Might be this is because for last few years I was driving Santro only and all comparison is done with keeping Santro in mind.
3. Right side visibility because of A pillar seems to be very less. This blind spot again takes some time to get adopted.
4. Stock ICE is a bit type of ok for normal songs but not good for party mood. Of course you can upgrade it but the space allocated for speakers is only for 4 “ leaving you with less options. One cannot fix speakers on doors and if wanted to upgrade you should opt for MDF parcel Tray. Also the stock head unit does not have remote.

Not sure if this needs to be listed here but as of now the car is having some more vibrations on 1st and 2nd gear. This might be since the car is new and should go off after 2K kms. I shall update once break in period is over.
I shall be taking my car to ASS probably next week for first servicing (1 month or 1000 KMS). GM is offering me under body protection with 5 Years warranty and 1 year warranty for Body color. The cost is 8.5K but they are giving me at discounted rate of 6.5K. The protection is from 3M. I have not yet decided if I should really go with this package or not but thinking of going with under body treatment. Please help me if it is really worth or can be skipped.
Of course any ownership review is incomplete without pics. So here it goes.The first one on the day of purchase & the second one is 2 days back when I completed 700 Kms on ODO
Will add few more pics and details as the ODO running increases -

Attachments

Congrats on your Chevy beat.. I always liked the exterior looks and loved the interiors for using a good grade of plastics.

Wish you many more happy miles with this car.

Thread Starter #5
Congrats on your Chevy beat.. I always liked the exterior looks and loved the interiors for using a good grade of plastics.

Wish you many more happy miles with this car.
Thanks buddy. Yes even I liked the quality used. The new Beat comes with Silver and black combination of interiors which gives a decent feel inside the car. Shall upload few pics of interiors soon.

Congrats on your new set of wheel's [:D]

Beat in White Looks Elegant [clap]
Thanks buddy.

Welcome to Chevy team:)
Thanks buddy

HI,
Congratulations on your new Car Purchase. Wishes to clock many joyfull miles in your beauty.
Alloys for this this car will give a more sporty look [:)].

Thread Starter #7
Thanks Ambylovers. But as usual I am short of Vitamin M so no modifications planned as of now. Also I come from a typical family wherein if I say I need few Thousand bucks for Alloys then my parents are gonna ask a simple questions - What happens to current RIMS & how are other people driving without alloys. I would be really hard for me to explain them about this changeover. Hence will wait for couple of months or for best deal

Macsvin,

Great car it. My friend has Beat LT diesel version and I simple love it. Good choice. BTW what is the FE you get in petrol. Diesel supposed to be around 24 kmpl.

Thread Starter #9
Hi Sethu,

It would be too early for me to comment on FE. Till today my car has clocked 900 Kms and I'm getting 15+ /Ltr with mix of City & highway driving with 100 % AC ON. Two of my office mates are using Beat Petrol since last 6 months and they are getting 16 to 18 + FE. One of my mate has also got 20+ in his petrol on Pune- Solapur highway last month with AC. He calculated twice with Full tank method & has claimed this mileage. I am still wondering how true it can be since ARAI has claimed 18.6

Hi Sethu,

It would be too early for me to comment on FE. Till today my car has clocked 900 Kms and I'm getting 15+ /Ltr with mix of City & highway driving with 100 % AC ON. Two of my office mates are using Beat Petrol since last 6 months and they are getting 16 to 18 + FE. One of my mate has also got 20+ in his petrol on Pune- Solapur highway last month with AC. He calculated twice with Full tank method & has claimed this mileage. I am still wondering how true it can be since ARAI has claimed 18.6
Ok. Yes you are right. Its too early for FE calculation. For my sparky they asked me to wait for at-least 7.5k KMs.

That is a good FE for a petrol. Do update yours in the future.
Yes good one.

Thread Starter #13
THanks.
By the way tomorrow I have taken appointment for my 1000 KM check up servicing. What I heard is they just ensure that all coolants , oils , nutbolts are tightened and are working as expected (???) + They wash the car and will give it back at Zero cost to me in 3-4 hours. I shall provide update on Thursday on the same

Top Bottom