Originally Posted by hallovipin
This is my first car buddy thats why felt so bad about it.
You can see on the edge of front door two line shape dents are there and the rear door one line shape dent and at the end of it one deep scratch of about 2 mm dia. Apart from that adjacent panel of the rear door also has paint scratched from the surface. What do think will be the total estimate of the repair? Can I get away with touch up if denting is done perfectly. Mine is solid white colour and I feel it should be as expensive as fixing a metallic colour.
Hi,from the images I don't feel its going to be much expensive,even less if you get it done outside. My estimate from the images is <3K.
Originally Posted by Lawyeronwheelz
Parth I have read that some grand owners have got a software update to stop the batter drain.Could you enquire with your dealer and find out if that is true.
Surely I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Lawyeronwheelz
Since I am not taking finance,the dealer is asking for another 50k(have paid 50k booking amount already).The car is apparently going to reach their stock yard by 5th/6th.What number should I ask got to verify that the car has actually reached?
I think you can straightaway say that you'll process further payments after PDI.
Originally Posted by shahanimesh
This is animesh shah from Mumbai. I have been following the thread for quite a while.
I am newly learned driver and hence first time buyer of car. I had short listed the grand i10 magna petrol version for the car to be purchased. I have few qs pls answer the same without any bias.
1) the battery problem that everybody is reporting is making me nervous. Has anybody able to understand the problem. If anybody's problem been solved. Is this common in sports and asta model due to start and stop option.
2) somebody mentioned brakes not working when the power off. Does this pose the safety risk.
3) while majority of have replied with the good mileage, anybody having other view.
4) should I add assessories like car deck etc from dealer itself or from some other people.
WEcome to TAI
1) Absolutely no worry if you are going to use it regularly. Our fellow mwmber Hellovipin could start his car after 5days by switching off fuse. Finally we are hearing that Hyundai is releasing some software update for this problem.
2) Regarding brakes not working when engine is off we have clearly discussed on this forum that this is a characteristic of power brakes and anyways running your car (be it any) with engine OF is not recommended.
3) Mileage is subjective to driving habits but so far no we have satisfactory figures - most of the cars are new.
4) I have read that there are some concerns about aftermarket fitment of ICE as they have to cut dash and somehow it will leave visible marks, I recommend to discuss this point with dealer clearly before booking.
Originally Posted by Chesterchaz
Get an estimate of the cost involved. Must be around 7-8k max in my opinion if you get it done from HASS . Then you may decide whether to go for insurance or not. Btw
i banged my car's front bumper in the parking
. It has got multiple scratches .
Parth .. How much would the bumper paint /repair cost me assuming you had a bumper job done ?
Yes i got the bumper job done, I still dont have the detail bill (Lazyness on my part) mine was rear bumper and the paint job was estimated @ 2.5-3K for the entire bumper painting. However if there is any denting HASS will replace the bumper itself which will add to the painting cost.
If you are betting only some scratches repaired it should be much less.