I seriously hope it will give atleast 12km/l. Perhaps Partha can tell us more on what to expect from the grand
I too have my fingers crossed on FE buddy, but dont worry , i communicated to one petrol grand i10 owner on cardekho.com who is just learning to drive. he told me he is getting 11 kmpl in delhi traffic with tank ful to tank ful method. If he can get 11, one who has been driving for quite some time can easily fetch over 12 I feel, which is decent for a 1200 cc engine in city traffic conditions.
One of the i10 owner had advised following technique for max mileage from kappa 2 engine:
1. Shift between 1500-2000 RPM.
2. Avoid riding the clutch.
3. Dont over use breaks rather downshift for slowing down in traffic.
4. Minimize clutch uses (that comes with time though).
5. Switch off the engine when idle time is more than 45 seconds.
6. Maintain a constant speed of 70-90 on highways (as per him kappa 2 hits sweet spot in this range)
7. Get rid of access weight in your car.
8. If not necessary dont go beyond 120 Km/hr as this consumes fuel like anything.
These were few points. Parth can throw some light on this as he has been driving grand for quite some time.