Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
This is Hyundai Grand i10 ownership review. Covering buying, ownership and maintenance experiences.

The story began at the beginning of this year when I finally decided to buy my first car.

The First question: Petrol or Diesel?? (I couldn’t sort it till now by the way), I would be making a monthly run of 1000 Kms plus occasional weekend trips. All the calculators and spreadsheets suggested that Petrol is the best choice for me, however the mood of the market and the examples of petrol car owners (who park their cars back home and use bikes for office) inclined me towards diesels.

Next was budget: I was bit flexible about it around the range of 6-7.5L.
During the course I was continuously referring to TAI threads and there were multiple threads referring to the similar situation as that of mine and hence refrained from posting a new thread.

Expectations from Car:
Me: Good steering feedback, ABS, Good Interior Space for 3 at rear and descent boot space, Low maintenance and good ASS.
Better Half: Looks, Descent looking interiors, steering mounted controls (just because it looks nice), Good AC.

Selection and Cars considered:
Honda JAZZ: Both of us were in love with this car and by the time I made my mind it was being discontinued and we started waiting for AMAZE.
SWIFT: I liked the handling part but yet another swift on the road?? Also the rear seat is not specious to my liking.
RITZ: Somehow I liked Ritz but my better half didn’t also the interiors and Dash are too basic.
I20 : The buttery Steering was a major factor and somehow the Indian in me could not make my VFM equation for this car.
POLO: I liked the built of the CAR, Handles well too. ASS at my native would have been a problem and also service costs are on higher side. 3-Pot engine another concern for me.
BRIO: I agree “It’s the car that loves you back” - just give me some descent boot space.
FIGO : My VFM car. It was offering me everything diesel + safety features within the budget. my better half, colleagues & friends did not support had that tag of a VFM car and average interiors.
AMAZE: Now you have a brio with more than decent boot space and I had to take it seriously. I loved handling of this car. It’s lesser turning radius. Seating is a bit low to my liking also ground clearance is a concern. I was seriously thinking about this while just waiting for ECOSPORT.
ECOSPORT: I was following it closely on TAI and news etc. Only the 1.6L petrol and base diesel were within my budget. Landed up in the showroom within few days after the launch and was struck by the negligence of the sales people first major negative vibe for me. However I had liked the seating position in the car, interiors and the SUV looks. Was even ready to stretch budget for it.
The dealership did not offer me a test drive neither did they call back later. Even the waiting period was huge so NO NO.

GRAND I10: Suddenly on TAI read about grand I10 coming on 3rd September. Had been to Hyundai Showroom straight from office. The car was specious, interiors good quality and loaded with gizmos in the top end model.
Had a test drive and it was better in handling than the I20 and I10. I needed some expert opinions on this but the TAI review was not coming up. Had 2 more test drives from different dealerships and it was good enough for me. Meanwhile CNB CAR AND BIKE SHOW also mentioned satisfactory remarks about the Car.

Buying my GRAND:
On 5th Sept I was sure that I am buying it. Rushed to different showrooms to check-out colors. Twilight blue and Wine red were my contenders.
Though I stay and will be driving in Gujarat, I had decided to buy it from my native place in Maharashtra. Called and checked with the dealer regarding availability. He had Wine red color Asta-o model and promised me delivery on 12th Sept. went to his showroom on 8th and checked the vehicle, It was in display and he had separate demo cars. Found no signs of having driven this display vehicle. I was getting the color of my choice and delivery on my required date but it was Petrol model. Decided to go with it and paid booking amount.
Since I had 4 days leaves planned from 12th I asked for delivery then. On 12th morning the vehicle was ready for delivery completed paperwork and other formalities. The Dealer arranged a small ceremony as it was first grand being delivered. They also decorated the car well, they made us feel special.
The dealership is 100Kms Away from my home town so had to drive it 100 Kms out of the showroom to home. Subsequently in next 3 days driven more than 600Kms. Total 700+ Kms in 4 days. It’s become too long hence will keep sharing my experiences in further posts.

PHOTOS:
Please refer to below page,Raja has already posted very nice pictures of wine red Grand
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...10-exhaustive-launch-coverage-page-6-a-8.html

Fingers Still crossed on my choice of Petrol Car.
Looking forward to the help of Gurus at TAI to enrich my driving and ownership experience.[drive]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Hyundai Grand I10 Asta-o Petrol booked and Delivered

Hearty Congrats on your new car and this should be the first ownership review of Grand i10 in TAI. So, an additional congrats for that. [clap]

Congrats buddy...Its a new car..Looking forward for more updates from you on the driving and ownership experience..

Can you comment on the on road price. How is the general mood in hyundai dealerships. Are they offering good discounts/freebies for the lower models (magna/sportz)?

Thread Starter #4

Thanks Raaj and venkythaniks.
Hyundai has already called these as introductory pricing and they are not
Offering any discount on grand.
Mine was 6.3 L on the road

Congratulations parth for your new acquisition [clap]and also for the first review on the forum.

Please add some pics of your car.

Wishing you miles of happiness along with safety.

Congratzzz for first Grand I10 on TAI.

We need lotz of pics from you and detailed review as well.

When you say handling is better than I20, so mean steering is bit heavy than other hyundais?

P.S. This is TAI, not TOI. While reading your thread, I thought you were talking about Times Of India. Later did I realize you mean TAI. [;)] [lol]

Hi,
My friend too interested on the car and he is looking for a test drive this week.
I believe your post is the first ownership level post for Grand i10.

Congrats Parth, so here comes the first official Grand buyer in TAI forum. [clap]

I also loved the choice of colour, its an awesome one indeed. More pics from your beauty is well appreciated.

Having said that you covered 700kms in the first 4 days my next question to you - What was the avg FE? (typical Indian [evil]) I know this is too early to comment on the FE but still curious enough to understand.

I think ARAI figures are close to 18 but when it comes from the mouth of a proud owner this makes more sense.

Thread Starter #10

Congratulations parth for your new acquisition [clap]and also for the first review on the forum.

Please add some pics of your car.

Wishing you miles of happiness along with safety.
Thanks singh890. YEs I will Add some pics soon.

Congratzzz for first Grand I10 on TAI.

We need lotz of pics from you and detailed review as well.

When you say handling is better than I20, so mean steering is bit heavy than other hyundais?

P.S. This is TAI, not TOI. While reading your thread, I thought you were talking about Times Of India. Later did I realize you mean TAI. [;)] [lol]
Thanks Dharmesh, yes the steering is (bit) Heavier than other hyundais. Also As per SE it is no more EPS after speed of 60KMPH and becomes a normal steering.
Also At high speed I checked without holding the steering, Car keeps its straight lane.
It gave me confidance on sharp road turns better than our Vista.

Congrats Parth.I guess it's first Grand i10 in TAI?Im I right?
Thanks & Yes I too guess so.

Hi,
My friend too interested on the car and he is looking for a test drive this week.
I believe your post is the first ownership level post for Grand i10.
Hi, Which model is he looking Petrol or diesel?

Hearty Congrats on your new car Parth. I too liked this car after having looked at it in nearby showroom. BTW did you had chance to take TD of Diesel i10 Grand as I have mandate from my brother to look for a new hatchback for him and his preference in Ritz diesel for some unknown reason.

Thread Starter #12

Hearty Congrats on your new car Parth. I too liked this car after having looked at it in nearby showroom. BTW did you had chance to take TD of Diesel i10 Grand as I have mandate from my brother to look for a new hatchback for him and his preference in Ritz diesel for some unknown reason.
Thanks Patil,
YEs I did test drive the diesel car.
The engine is good for city commuting. Vibration levels are minimum and I appreciate hyundai for that. However as a personal openion if I had to choose a diesel I would think twice before selecting a new engine. As this engine is yet to be tested on road and the reliability diesels can really be predicted after some time in market- This is my personal reservation though.
Please suggest your brother to TD Ritz and Grand diesel back to back.

Congrats Parth, so here comes the first official Grand buyer in TAI forum. [clap]

I also loved the choice of colour, its an awesome one indeed. More pics from your beauty is well appreciated.

Having said that you covered 700kms in the first 4 days my next question to you - What was the avg FE? (typical Indian [evil]) I know this is too early to comment on the FE but still curious enough to understand.

I think ARAI figures are close to 18 but when it comes from the mouth of a proud owner this makes more sense.
Hi Parth,

Looking forward to your reply [roll]

Thread Starter #14

Hi Parth,

Looking forward to your reply [roll]
Hi,
My estimate is 15 with AC on full time. It is based on the fuel indicator and Kms run.
However I have to do a proper check,planning to note it seriously after first servicing.

If anyone can suggest better technique to note FE , please.

Hi,
My estimate is 15 with AC on full time. It is based on the fuel indicator and Kms run.
However I have to do a proper check,planning to note it seriously after first servicing.

If anyone can suggest better technique to note FE , please.
15 with 100% AC should be a reasonable figure for fresh wheels. This should improve after your first service. Out of the total 700kms that you covered how was the Highway/city ratio?

The best technique to note FE is the tank full to tank full method. You can also have the following option:
If your car is equipped with a low fuel warning light and once it comes ON say at 'x' km fill it with some 'a' litres of fuel, after covering some distance the light will once again turn ON say at 'y' km. Mileage = (y-x)km/a litres. Hope this is clear [sleep]

Top Bottom