Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi Feliz (Dusky Brown) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Initial Research and Selection/shortlisting:
I had been researching the internet for last 2-3 months for buying a new car. I had been using Maruti Wagon R for last 7 years and was quite happy with it , but somehow wanted to have a new car, a bigger one.I had a 12 yrs old Matiz SD car which I wanted to get rid of. My requirement and thinking was: If I have to go for a 5 seater I was quite comfortable with the New Wagon R may be Stingray.But if I need to spend more it has to be more than 5 seater where I can easily accommodate my parents and 1-2 visitors also whenever required.I don't have a liking for the sedans.
My likes are biased towards hatchbacks and SUVs. So after lot of research I shortlisted two:
1) Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
2) Mahindra Quanto
So I decided to have a test drive of both and indeed had them.Initially I was inclined towards CNG VXi Ertiga so took a test drive of the same from Kataria Motors Baroda.Was quite impressed by the looks, quality of ride, interiors.But certain features which I wanted were missing from it like the ABS,Steering controls, Rear Wiper and washer.
Then I took a test drive of Mahindra Quanto from Carvel Motors Baroda. Was quite impressed by the SUV outside looks ,but was thoroughly disappointed by the quality of ride, and interiors.The 2nd row and 3rd row seats are very inferior.The plastics used also seemed to be of inferior quality.2nd row seat was like the economy Govt.Bus bench and 3rd row,only small kids could have managed to sit.I was also not happy with the gear shifting and quality of ride ( May be I am not used to rear wheel drive). So I decided against going for the Quanto.It was ruled out.
So now I finalized upon Ertiga and gradually shifted my mind from The CNG version to the Diesel Top variant the ZDI.( Note : Cost of CNG in Baroda is Rs 65/Kg, and is expected to cross the price of petrol by 2014 ,so it does not make any sense going for it).
Then starts the Dealer Selection Process:
I contacted one by one all 3 dealers in Baroda, Kataria, Kiran and Amar cars, and asked them to get my old Matiz car valued by their True Value Valuer for the Exchange offer. So Kiran was prompt but told me they can only pay me 30-35k at the most for the car.Then Kataria was very lazy to respond I reminded them and after 15 days they sent a valuer who told me they can give me only 25 k for the car. I told them that it is an AC car working fine had been driven only 35k Kms this price is not justified at least I expect 40k, but they refused.
Lastly I approached Amar Cars.Next day valuer was at my home
They told me that They can pay me 35k.I told them talk to me if it is at least 40 k.By evening I received a call and deal was done 40 k.
Order Confirmation:
I confirmed the order on phone as I stay 70 kms away from main city-Asked them the Dusky Brown ZDI with Feliz edition -combo accessories.
Next day I transferred money via RTGS and in next two days i.e.Sunday I got the delivery.
Front View:

Side back View:

You like the pics guys? Do respond.
Experience:
I was ecstatic with the delivery always thinking and dreaming about the car.
Initially I was worried having a look at the average it was showing 5, but with every Kms it kept on increasing.Today after 16 days of delivery at 950 kms run the average today was 18.5 km/l.I am now very satisfied and expect it to improve little more.
I am quite impressed by the looks, interior quality, quality of ride and versatility of the seats.If you want just 5 seats fold the 3rd row and you have a sedan with a huge luggage space.The A/C is quite good I need to keep the blower speed at 1 and sometimes also switch it off as it becomes too cold.The twin blower on the 2nd row is fantastic.
The Feliz edition Combo accessories I got it for 21k with the following components:
1) Body graphics
2) Upper rear Spoiler
3) Art leather Seat covers ( Feliz branded) with mats and leather steering wheel cover.
4) Silver colored Front grills, ORVMs and Fog lamps
5) RPAS: Reverse Parking assist( 4 sensors0and a small digital screen.
6) Interior Styling Kit-The carbon look
It is time for a pic-closer look front grills- feliz:

The Feliz Interiors:

The Music System:
This was the only thing I didnot like in the car. There was a pretty ordinary Head unit which could only play radio and Audio songs only although having an USB port and an auxillary port. But Maruti Designers have a primitive thinking mind I think or have their own cost cutting policy that in todays world after spending above 10 lacs one get this pretty ordinary Head unit.I have a complaint only regarding the Head Unit ,although was quite satisfied with the 4 speakers and 2 tweeters on the dash board. So My search was on for an On dash Entertainment system which should have the following:
1) OEM fit -socket to socket fitting without any wire cutting or modifications, and should have an integrated OEM look on the dashboard
2) Bluetooth connectivity and calling
3) High quality, high resolution DVD player with rear seat entertainment facility
4) USB Port,SD card port
5) GPS Navigation with good Indian maps
6) And of course Radio
7) Rear Camera connectivity with auto switching on reverse gear.

I again researched a lot and kept on researching and gathering information about the systems: Blaupunkt, Pioneer, Sony, Caska, MegaAudio, Motevo, Fly Audio, Witson , Cusp Android,etc.
But according to my requirements I shortlisted the following:

1) Motevo: No dealer in Baroda. So had conversation with Mumbai office and was redirected to Ahmedabad Dealer(Deep Car accessories).The person was quite responsive and emailed me details of the system with snaps.I also wanted a pair of good quality HD screens for rear seat entertainment.He sent me its detail too.Here the only problem was I need to got to Ahmedabad for installation and for God sake If i get any problem I will have to go to Ahmedabad for rectification.He was offering Bill with 1 year warranty
2) Caska: Searched a lot and found one dealer Audio acre Baroda. The person told me he will inform me the details once he gets them.Again I reminded him ,but till now didnot heard anything from him.
3) Mega Audio : had a conversation with Prateek (Delhi) He referred to Surat Dealer, .I was about to do the money transfer for booking when he told that Ertiga OEM HU are out of stock.
4) Cusp- No dealer in India .Had to import from China .Advantage : OEM for Ertiga, have Android (2.2) with internet connectivity and all other features Cost 350 $ and 70 $ ( Transportation -door to door).
Finally after lot of deliberations I decided for the Motevo System
I am very much satisfied with its looks, performance and its OEM fit.Not a single wire was cut in the Original Car electrical system 4 sockets were unplugged and 4 sockets plugged again in the Motevo system.
It was fulfilling all my requirements,with Map my India latest maps in a SD card installed , and till now I am quite happy.The sound quality is impressive too.The Graphical interface is good and touch screen is responsive. I have kept the original system with me (Nippon) standby as I was not getting any price for its buyback. Lets see How is the experience ahead.
So now the pics for all of you of the new:
ALL IN ONE ON DASH 2 DIN NAVIGATION MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM:

THE SIDE VIEW:

One last thing: I am looking for a good looking sporty roof rail for my LUV.The MGA roof carriers are very ugly and makes your car a taxi.I want a stylish roof rail which can be used also as a luggage carrier when required. I Had heard of the "Rouf Rail "brand in South India which looks quite attractive but I think they dont have any dealer here in Gujarat. (Link: Welcome to Rouf Rails)
May be someday Maruti people will also come out with such roof rail option as MGA and I will be waiting for that Day.

Let me know how you feel about the review and if you have any doubts you can ask freely

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki ERTIGA ZDI-Feliz Dusky Brown - Ownership Review

hey jb Congrats being a ertigian. dusky brown with feliz accessories look awesome. what did it cost for your Feliz accessories also how much did it cost for your HU. did you change your speakers too? Happy miles ahead.

Hey congrats!!! Welcome to the Ertiga family on TAI. Mine is of the same colour. [;)]

Thread Starter #4

hey jb Congrats being a ertigian. dusky brown with feliz accessories look awesome. what did it cost for your Feliz accessories also how much did it cost for your HU. did you change your speakers too? Happy miles ahead.
Feliz accesories:21k
Motevo Head Unit: 34k with rear camera
Did not change the original speakers, as I was pretty satisfied with the original speakers and tweeters.
2 HD Karmin Screens for rear seats costed me 15k (the pair),although other cheaper were available like World tech,etc but the Motevo dealer insisted that it is the best one(Don't know).
Other Free accessories given by Dealer amar cars:Body cover, Side mouldings,Bumper guard.
Extra acces purchased (MGA):Door Visors.

HI Jb74,
It was really impressive review. You got the car and done lot of customizations. For Rear set passengers the screens will be of good entertainment.
Body Graphics was very good looking and it matched the whole color scheme.

Jb74 , Congrats on your new car. I got roufrail fixed in my ertiga . I can ask the dealer to ship to Gujarat if required. By you have to bear the transport costs
Rgds

Thread Starter #8

Jb74 , Congrats on your new car. I got roufrail fixed in my ertiga . I can ask the dealer to ship to Gujarat if required. By you have to bear the transport costs
Rgds
Thanks a lot.
But who will install it? Can I do it myself? I spoke to the Rouf rail person at Coimbatore (Who speaks only Tamil by the way), could convey to him that I am from Gujarat and interested in Roufrail for Ertiga.He sent a SMS of his Mumbai Dealer Vijay Kumar.I spoke to him and He told me that I need to visit Mumbai for installation and cost : 21K!! ( with installation) . Dusky Brown not available right now but on advance order can get it.Isn't it Too Expensive??

Last edited:

Thanks a lot.
But who will install it? Can I do it myself? I spoke to the Rouf rail person at Coimbatore (Who speaks only Tamil by the way), could convey to him that I am from Gujarat and interested in Roufrail for Ertiga.He sent a SMS of his Mumbai Dealer Vijay Kumar.I spoke to him and He told me that I need to visit Mumbai for installation and cost : 21K!! ( with installation) . Dusky Brown not available right now but on advance order can get it.Isn't it Too Expensive??

Any local mechanic can fix it . That is not a issue..But going to bombay ffor fixing is a overkill . Is it too far ? Can't he transport through overnight bus

Congrats.

and welcome to the Ertiga family.

Have a LUVly experience. enjoy each long drive!![clap]

Last edited by a moderator:

Super likes bro, everything looks mouthwatering and the same time eye-watering when I think about the money to spend.

by the way why the door rubber came off, any problem with the fit and finish?

Thread Starter #14

super likes bro, everything looks mouthwatering and the same time eye-watering when i think about the money to spend.

by the way why the door rubber came off, any problem with the fit and finish?
it was removed for fitting the wires of rear camera, intentionally and was again refitted without any prob.

Now how is your LUV boy doing? share pics and experiences!

Top Bottom