I am new to this Forum, but i have been watching this for a while. I have recently purchased Ertiga VDI. This is the Ertiga, Feliz the anniversary edition . In case folks, you are not aware , it has been 1 year since Ertiga is launched, hence maruti has released the Anniversary edition. I wanted to share with you my buying and ownership experience and some pictures of the new beauty i have purchased last week. Here is an overall experience of buying and owning a Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VDI , the Feliz edition. 1. Choice –
Why Ertiga and what else was i thinking of? I owned a Tata indica earlier and it has been a long warhorse. i was always thinking that my next car has to be the SUV look alike .
I had the following criteria in mind on my next car. - Diesel, SUV looks and spacious, offering flexibility of seating and luggage options, sturdy, easy to maintain/own, I considered the following Cars before picking Ertiga.
Toyota innova : This was top on my list and i had once purchased almost and changed my mind in the last minute. No doubt , Innova is a Giant in this segment and one has to search avenues to find shortcomings in innova. I have serious parking problems in my residence and i have to carefully maneuver the car in and out of the building every time i take it ...More over i felt , i thought it was too big a car for me, as i use it mainly for commuting to office...But Innova is still in my list for the next car.
Tata Safari : I love the Tata Safari Majestic looks but I wanted to give the other car company a chance as I had been owning Tata cars for years. Also Mileage is a drawback in Safari.
Xylo : I seriously considred Xylo as well. .It is one Huge Vehicle and has got a great uplift. But I was told Mileage is not as good as Ertiga.
Duster : I discounted as it was a five seater. I wanted anything more than 5 seats!
Ertiga : The Moment I saw the Ertiga on the road, I took a liking for the finish. IT had a SUV look although it is not. It also kind of resembled Innova looks in terms of Rear finish and Side bodies. I branded Ertiga as the Younger brother of Innova. It also satisfied my Mileage, Seating and Other preferences, hence I zeroed in on Ertiga. 2. Booking and Delivery –
We booked Ertiga VDI, on 31 August 2013 at Khivaraj Motors, Mount road… There was one dealer near my house in Mylapore. But when I interacted with multiple salesman across different dealers, some how the Khivaraj Sales men convinced me to go with him . Choosing the colour was one of the most tough decisions I would say as most of Ertiga’s Colours are good. Initially I wanted to go with Blue..But my current Car is also blue in colour…hence why not give Blue a break and go with some thing else. Another colour in Ertiga that is hard to resist is Silky Silver. But Almost have silver colour and has become more common..Finally I zeroed in on the Fire Brick Red as the display piece he had kept was a fire brick one and it was very Royal. The Felix Anniversary edition had the following additions to the normal VDI model.
I was promised the delivery in one week, but the dealer delayed it for 4 more days citing some reasons. Had he been swift enough , he could have delivered in a week as promised.
The following accessories were part of the Felix edition : (22500 INR)
• Silver front grille
• Body graphics on the doors ( I didn’t take it as I feel Body graphics gives a feel of a cab)
• Silver accent around the fog lamps
• Silver outside mirror enclosures
• Rear spoiler
• Interior styling kit
• Back seat pocket organizer
• Beige steering wheel cover
• Reverse parking sensor with a digital display
• New beige color seat covers
• Seat covers have Feliz branding
• Feliz branding car pillows
• New door sill guard
• New floor mats
The Additional Accessories I have put are
• Body Side Beeding (1500)
• Bumper Beeding..(700
• Under Chasis Painting (3000)
• Luggage carrier from roufrail
• Sun Control Film(4500)
• Door visor(1700)
• Alloy Wheels (Set of Five) (24000)
• PVC Flooring mat (3000) 3. What you will like –
Just one week into Driving, I have only few points here at this time..I will Update this thread as more kilometers are clocked.
1) Transition from Hatch back to a MUV, the Driver Seating and the height is awesome
2) Engine Starting is very smooth and very good pickup
3) Excellent A/C coverage for all three rows.
4) Middle row adjustability to suit comfort based on number of passengers
5) Power Steering is very sensitive and zippy. But at the same time, the driver has to be clearful
6) Ground Clearance..you feel you are riding on a elephant from that height,.
Some negatives observed so far:
1) Since i owned indica before, I could get on the ramp or up slope quite easily in second gear in Indica. But in Ertiga , i found a drag... Apparently looks like tata indica engine CC is more than Ertiga.surprised !!
2) Whenever i go on a speed breaker or bump slightly fast, i hear a thud metallic sound near the boot area when the car gets down the speed breaker..Any idea what this sound is ? 4. Overall ownership experience -
I should say I am a very happy customer now. I received call from Maruti Suzuki asking about the overall purchasing experience and take it very seriously. I will keep this point updated..
I will post more information and photos on my Feliz Edition , as I hear more reviews.