1500km drive update:
Well, 1499.8 kms to be precise. Here's a short brief:
Route - Cochin> Chennai> Pondicherry> Cochin
Mileage - 13.6kmpl
Average Speed - 55kmph
Tyre Pressure - 33 psi
1) Very stable at high speeds
2) Good braking (ABS
kicks in at the right time but MRF spoiled the grip)
3) Very less cabin noise
4) Adequate power on tap
5) Decent boot space. Swallowed our huge bag, 3 small covers and a laptop bag.
6) Managed to carry 7 adults (including me). 3 passengers in the rear seat didnt complain much but when the 4th passenger was added, they werent too happy. Managed to seat 2 passengers in the front although it's not recommended but it was a short drive to drop the off.
7) High GC - Oh yes!
1) MRF - "Pathetic" under braking and during high speed cornering
2) Shocks have that thud effect while going over potholes (I took one of the worst stretch that's known to man now and had a very uncomfortable 30-40kms. Aftermarket shocks - Very seriously thinking)
3) Few squeaks from the rear. I have heard from my friend working at ford that the tail gate will start developing squeaks in the long run. It aint that strong and their test vehicles developed this problem.
4) Lack of 6th gear. Makes a huge difference to the noise insulation and mileage. (my sister drove down in her Jetta and clocked 20 kmpl - Bangalore - Chennai)
5) Lighting - I dont need to explain this as everyone knows.
I shall be uploading some videos showing the kind of road I took for this trip.