A LUV Story - Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
It just happened to me like a rain shower in summer, I mean I'm surprised that I bought a family car against SUV!
IMG_0303.jpg
Yes friends I'm taking about New Ertiga ZDI.

My deep Nerves : It's all started from the TV ad called "WILD", A parrot, A SUV Jump and a legendary TAG line "Make your own Road" all made me fall in love with the beast called THE SAFARI. My Good Luck! I started with the beast thanks to my DAD for very 1st car SAFARI.
My 1st ever drive SAFARI completed 13 years clocked 1.5lac plus KM now and still roars like a LION and no problem till date. some how we feel we should not use it for long drives anymore so we started searching for the successor of my beast.

Options:
  • Replace with AN SUV: Always STORME comes 1st in our family list
  • Replace with an Hatch:tried Ritz, Swift, I20, Figo, Vista D90 No hatch impressed my Mom.
  • Replace with something like Innova: We listed ARIA And Innova, my wife and dad rejected Innova for its Taxi image I couldnt help Innova anymore, ARIA was impressive to all but I was not ready to buy PURE variant since I dont like low end cars except "STORME LX".
  • Replace with urban SUV: Duster was rejected long ago since it is stretched to STORME's territory when the price is concerned, EcoSport is finally launched but I was not ready to wait in queue.

At this point Ertiga was rejected only because we had no good knowledge about the car, we had the feeling that ertiga is too small to be a 7 seater MPV.

How it is started: My friend forced me to check Ertiga with whole family and I finally agreed and decided to take test drive with every member of my family.

Kalyani Motors: I decided to visit Kalyani motors for TD, to my surprise i had my college senior in the sales dept of kalyani and he assigned a sales person called deepa to attend us.
Deepa is very aggressive in marketing the things and customer satisfaction so she offered me a very long TD may be 4 times longer TD than usual one. initial impression was very cool about Ertiga even the people in the car were happy for the space and comfort( detailed review will be following in next post).

STILL I couldn't stop thinking about NEW BEAST: I again visited Concord mysore road where I met Balaji he is very good and very informative about the beast. he also offered me around 20km TD of STORME and my Mom was extremely joyful and she asked me to go for it.

Now trade offs: Ok, now my family is completely agreed to STORME and its my chance to trade off my requirements, budget and usage between a family car and a family love.
One of the tough challenge I ever faced in my life but I have to thing practically at this situation.
there are so many things:
  • Govt is riding a horse and fuel prices are going up like a spider man
  • Now my monthly spending on diesel is gone up to 10k
  • I dont want to take car loan more that 4lac
So I froze my heart and decided to book Ertiga and never deleted STORME/SAFARI,

Booking Day: I went to deepa again to book Ertiga, I was not sure about the colors and I asked deepa to show cars in flush.
Deepa took me, my family and my friends to Stockyard near mysore road in Ertiga demo vehicle View attachment 108597
I picked Gray Ertiga against dusky brown.

Spending:
  • Car Price OTR: 10.8 lac with steel rim
  • Discount on car: 20K
  • Corporate Discount: 3k
  • Accessories: 23k
View attachment 108605
Note detailed info will be followed in later posts

Pre-delivery stuffs: I had only one demand that the vehicle as to be very new, I asked kalyani to not register my car until I check car and its VIN. I visited kalyani a day before my car delivery and I was very happy that the vehicle is very brand new and out from factory only 25 days(out of 25, 13 were transit days) before my car delivery date.
I checked odometer reading it was just 15km, WOW WOW [clap].
I was very happy and thanked each and everyone at kalyani especially deepa and asked her to go ahead and register. View attachment 108614

A Big Day:
I had no sleep I woke-up very early and made a list of PDI and out to take delivery along with my friends, I asked my family to start once I'm done with PDI. everything was smooth except my name printing in the invoice doc and extended warranty. I asked them to correct it and give new invoice.
We had some good time at kalyani office we had taken loads of picture but those pics are missing in the laptop I'm using right now but I'll upload them later.

View attachment 108615 View attachment 108616
Kalyani gave me some gifts and I gave some gift to deepa and shankar who were there till my vehicle got delivered.

Pooja: Kalyani has some good culture while delivering the vehicle they arrange pooja and other stuffs to make your work easy. few pictures of vehicle pooja.
IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0023.jpg

I wanted my parents to handover the keys:
IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0003.jpg

1st Drive: It was an awesome feeling to grab the keys and ignite the vehicle for 1st move over 4 nimbus
IMG_0029.jpg IMG_0042.jpg

Now enjoy few pics of my Ertiga:
Start with Agraja Ganesha
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg IMG_0276.jpg
some more Pics:
IMG_0291.jpg IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg

My Joystick:
IMG_0305.jpg

Few random clicks:
IMG_0308.jpg IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg IMG_0333.jpg

1st 100km:
1229813_10151873690819925_2121514259_n.jpg 1238151_10151873691369925_610991752_n.jpg

Please Stay Tuned for:
  • More about drive experience
  • Full car review
  • Must have electronics and where to buy
  • Accessories

Its been a week I got my Dolphin, she clocked 750 KM till now, No major issues so far except clutch pedal release issue.
Mileage(FE so far): Avg 17kmpl
Thanks for reading, please put up more discussion on electronics like Bluetooth, sensors, GPS etc for ertiga here.

Last edited:
Re: A LUV Story :)

@ mr ranger

Congrats buddy . Wish you many millions happy miles .

There is a huge active community the " ertiga club " on our forum . Great that you too are in that club now .

Hope to have a nice ride in your ertiga when I come to banglore -:)

Thread Starter #4

Great start, believe me she will meet your and family expectation.
Yes Buddy, She is very neat and very sensible car in all aspects. I hope for the best.
I'm facing a minor issue with the clutch pedal release, this issue exist for few KM later clutch works fine for all the day but next morning again the same issue.
I hope it will be fixed in the 1st service.

@ mr ranger

Congrats buddy . Wish you many millions happy miles .

There is a huge active community the " ertiga club " on our forum . Great that you too are in that club now .

Hope to have a nice ride in your ertiga when I come to banglore -:)
Thank you Raja,
Sure I'll give a ride, when are you coming any plans already???

@mrranger Congrats being ertigian you did the right choice. what kind of clutch issue are you facing? I was in same dilema selecting between a suv or luv and ertiga ticked all points in my list mainly FE. My LUV is nearing her happy miles 10k kms.

Congratulations Mr.Ranger on your new LUV.Nice writeup.Wish you many happy miles with your new ride.
There seems some issue with the attatchments on the first posts and set of pictures, not able to see them.

@Ranger, Congratulations buddy !! Storme to Ertiga[:)]

It is my favourite color in Ertiga and Ritz. Wish you many more happy miles and look forward to have ride in your Ertiga some time in Bangalore

I was in same dilema selecting between a suv or luv and ertiga ticked all points in my list mainly FE. My LUV is nearing her happy miles 10k kms.
I was also in same dilemma but I felt that Ertiga has been custom made to cater my requirement:
1: Can occasionally able to accommodate visiting family member.
2: Does not require bigger space.
3: It's okay to travel alone or commute to office as it offers good fuel economy.
4: The best feature I explored recently that mom did not feel motion sickness in a 1000 KM trip. If it has been other car, we would have opted for train.

Thread Starter #10
Congrats Mr Ranger fr the new LUV in your life [clap] warm welcome to the Ertiga club, wishing you happy miles with this lovely car.
Thank you very much buddy.
@mrranger Congrats being ertigian you did the right choice. what kind of clutch issue are you facing? I was in same dilema selecting between a suv or luv and ertiga ticked all points in my list mainly FE. My LUV is nearing her happy miles 10k kms.
Thanks a lot, and Thanks that you are listening to my problem. during the 1st start of the day the clutch behaves in a different way, there is no issue while engaging clutch but while releasing it wont feel like it released smoothly, i sense some resistance to release back the clutch to normal position. after few KM this problem vanishes itself.

Congratulations Mr.Ranger on your new LUV.Nice writeup.Wish you many happy miles with your new ride.
There seems some issue with the attatchments on the first posts and set of pictures, not able to see them.
Thanks buddy, I can see 4 pic are not visible isn't it?
I'm trying to upload them here
1004835_10151789575584925_1684189114_n.jpg
IMG_0307.jpg IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg

@Ranger, Congratulations buddy !! Storme to Ertiga[:)]

It is my favourite color in Ertiga and Ritz. Wish you many more happy miles and look forward to have ride in your Ertiga some time in Bangalore
Thank you RK, But I never deleted STROME it will come one day again [clap], ya the color is very nice on ertiga and ritz, on ritz there is a one more color I don't know exact name but it is more like military green

I was also in same dilemma but I felt that Ertiga has been custom made to cater my requirement:
1: Can occasionally able to accommodate visiting family member.
2: Does not require bigger space.
3: It's okay to travel alone or commute to office as it offers good fuel economy.
4: The best feature I explored recently that mom did not feel motion sickness in a 1000 KM trip. If it has been other car, we would have opted for train.
Yes me also was in the same boat, I was looking for the car which offers good FE so I can take it to office

Last edited:
Excellent start and we are waiting for the next sections!
I think you did a smart thing - Head v/s Heart matters are the biggest dilemmas for us automotive enthusiasts and its one thing buying a Rolls Royce and another maintaining it!

Look forward to a constant stream of ownership updates.

@Mr.Ranger
Congrats on acquiring your LUV. Ertiga is indeed a great practical all rounder. [clap]
We also added a white Ertiga ZDi in to our family, a couple of months ago. Its doing great as well. The following accessories were fitted at the delivery:
1. Floor mat
2. Seat covers, MGA
3. Rear spoiler
4. Parking sensors
5. Foot mat
6. Scuff plate
More details and pictures here

BTW, Is the mileage [km/L] display function disabled on MID?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Excellent start and we are waiting for the next sections!
I think you did a smart thing - Head v/s Heart matters are the biggest dilemmas for us automotive enthusiasts and its one thing buying a Rolls Royce and another maintaining it!

Look forward to a constant stream of ownership updates.
Thank you, yes I was in deep dilemma but in the end I picked Ertiga to save myself from current market situation.
But Ertiga is a very good product almost nothing to complain about it.
I'll start other part of this thread soon. thanks once again

@Mr.Ranger
Congrats on acquiring your LUV. Ertiga is indeed a great practical all rounder. [clap]
We also added a white Ertiga ZDi in to our family, a couple of months ago. Its doing great as well. The following accessories were fitted at the delivery:
1. Floor mat
2. Seat covers, MGA
3. Rear spoiler
4. Parking sensors
5. Foot mat
6. Scuff plate
More details and pictures here

BTW, Is the mileage [km/L] display function disabled on MID?
Thank you buddy, yes this vehicle is superb.
Vehicle was at stand still so it is showing nothing, but it starts working as soon as vehicle start moving.

I also fitted all MGA accessories only

Top Bottom