Over this weekend, I did a 1300 km trip from Pune to Amravati. The truck is now at 4100 kms on the odometer. Here are my observations Route
- Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - SindkhedRaja, Mehekar - Malegaon - Badnera - Amravati. The road from Pune to Aurangabad is excellent. The road from Aurangabad to Jalna is good. The road from Jalna - Amravati is below average. Between Jalna and Sindkhedraja, there are many potholes. Time Taken
- I started on Friday morning 5:30 AM, reached Amravati at 6 PM. On my way back on Sunday, started from Amravati at 6 AM and reached Pune at 8 PM. I took the above route - both ways. It is possible to do this trip in 10 hours with shorter breaks. AC Cooling
- This was the first time, I had both the front and rear AC ON all the time. The AC is very effective and can sustain long travel hours of operations. There was no lag in pickup or speeds - including on ghats. Brakes
- The brakes are average - and I'd really appreciate some feedback on how to improve them. Any help from forum members is appreciated
- I did not have an opportunity to drive beyond 100 Kms/hr - and the truck does not have a problem at this speed. My average speed was 60 kms/hr between Jalna and Amravati. At speeds of 80 kms, overtaking needs some planning. Ride Quality
- I had 2 other drivers with me - and was able to sit in the front & rear seats as a passenger - for the first time. As a passenger, the ride is really smooth - on highway AND bad roads. The driver experiences the pot holes more directly than the passengers. My co-drivers & passengers commented on the smooth suspension and the excellent ride quality on really bad roads for example near Jalna and SindkhedRaja. Fuel Efficiency
- About 16-17 kms/litre Niggles noticed
- the driver seat belt gets stuck and the buttons for rear wiper wash also get stuck. Need to get both these issues resolved in my next TASS visit.
Overall, the truck did it's job well and I look forward to my next trip to Dandeli
later in the week.