My Cheetah Finally Comes Home With Pride - Mahindra XUV500

Thread Starter #1
My Cheetah Finally Comes Home - Mahindra XUV500

In sept 2011 when it was launched I was one of the many who fell for it badly. Since then I was dreaming n planning for it.But the budget was the first hurdle, later the niggles kept me away from it.above all I was still enjoying my Ritz. [drive]

In 2013 I started planning to change my ritz n go for other vehicle, Ford ecosport was the hottest car at this time, everyone was waiting for it, I too were interested in it by seeing at pics n specifications. Finally my ritz was offered with a good deal , the deal was sealed in hurry as it was offered by my senior dentist , I couldnt drag it more to get a better deal. The the hunt started for the new buddy...

Ecosport was released, I had TD but rear space n top end pricing disappointed me it was 10.25lac. again the XUV again comes into picture .I directly went to mahindra and checked on road price it was 14.06lac for W6. After few days M n M reduces GC n slash 18k, the qoute comes to 13.88lac. But I inisted n opted for a old version with new pricing by compromising with color. As only silver w6 was available. My choice were either Grey or Black. That wasnt a problem for me, Booked w6 on 8th august.I did not try any other vehicle in this segment so no comparing , no positives n negatives to mention.it was pretty sure for me only XUV in this segment , no innova, no storme. It was qouted 13.88lac.with dealers insurance. But I tried to get outside and went for oriental insuarance for 31150 rs against dealers iffco tokyo for 48k!!! It saved my 18k [:D]

Invoice: Rs.11.94 Lakh

RTO: Rs.1.45 Lakh

Insurance: Rs.31150

Total: Rs.13.70 Lakh

No freebies, no offers.

My preferred delivery date was 26th aug but the dealer couldnt manage to register, heavy heartedly I postponed to 30th. Got delivery on 30th august. At 4pm. Delivery day wasnt that special, car was ready at showroom around 2pm , formalities, inspection and pooja took around 2hrs more. Finally I drove my dream car home n contented with all this. Couldnt go for any long drives till now i have driven it for 450kms, Best part is No issues, satisfactory mileage 13.3kmpl.

Everything is working just great. I'm planning for a long drive as n when I get my registration no. Best things about this vehicle is. Engine , looks and features.
Needs improvement with braking noise at low speeds, third row space. The dealer in kolhapur Trendy wheels pvt ltd.Had a pleasant experience from test drive to delivery. RM and SM helped me with their best.

Overall experience is too good with the vehicle till now. Couldnt plan for a long drive , so still enjoying drive of 100 to 150kms .Ride is simply great, couldnt try cruise control yet. Still trying to use IS fully, as mine is not a touchscreen IS.
Bluetooth connectivity works smoothly, best part is one cant pair any device in a running car.Vehicle should be stopped to pair it. RPAS is very helpful in reversing, reverse gear slot is new for me sometimes it confuses still. Impressed by static bending lights and lounge lights inside the cabin.

Planning for a long drive soon will update the experience [:)]

sorry for the boring n lengthy write up. Would have added my experience in getting loan here , but that surely make this review damn boring

Xuv.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

XUV 5OO.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations manoj for your beast[clap].

The beast is looking good and that was a pretty fast and straight decision. Nicely written review.

Any mods planned for the beast.

congrats for your cheetah. wishing you many happy miles with it.

how was the TD experience for your cheetah?

Thread Starter #5
Thank you..

Regardings mods, no plans as such I want to drive this beast in factory fitted condition. But speakers and low beam headlight might need to change in near future.
I still need to get seat covers and floor lamination n mats, planning to get it in pune next month.

Regarding TD, couldnt drive it for more, as I were been in hurry during mh 2 TD.my only concern was the maneuverability so dint check anything else during TD. Xuv500 satisfied my doubt about maneuverability in first TD.
And dint had any option as I strongly decided for this only... so no comparison tried with other vehicle in this range.[:)]

Hi onlymanoj, Congrats on your new beast buddy. Your beast looks too good in silver. Nice choice. Guess we both are on the same boat here. Even I have made up my mind on XUV even before test driving any other SUV. I have always wanted to own one. Currently I have a swift and I think it is the right time now to get the cheetah. BTW what is with the brake noise at low speeds. Are you opting for any accessories like side steps and mats because I am planning to go for those. I have almost made up my mind for white colour. Keep on updating your experience as it would be really helpful to all of us. Nice review [clap]

Thread Starter #9
Thank you vickyjoshi, ambylovers, ragmax
@vickyjoshi
Yes its laibhari in kolhapuri[:D]

@ambylovers
Very true Cant express our feeling when our dream comes true...[cheers]

@ragmax
Yes I dint try any other suv straightway went for the dream vehicle[:)]
I already have waited for this almost 2years since its launch.
Actually my preffered colors were Black or Grey, but did not get options for old version except silver.
You must be planning for w8 is it not?
Will update my experience regularly.. right now planning for a Hampi trip.
At low speeds while parking braking makes some screeching noise, im not bothered abt it. Braking is impressive on speeds, no noise .
Im planning for floor lamination, matting and art leather seat covers.
No foot steps now, may go for led scuff plates it looks awesome.

Last edited:
@ onlymanoj

Hardik subeacha ( congrats )

Wish you million happy miles . Pls keep the thread updated . We have huge club of xuv owners already on the forum and now we have more addition [clap]

Congrats on your new acquisition.
An excellent upgrade there, from Ritz to XUV.[clap]
Wish you miles of joyful time ahead with your Cheetah.

It seems like you had fallen in love with this beast, since you never had any other vehicle in the segment shortlisted.

I am surprised to note that, there still exists the noise while braking at slow speeds. I thought Mahindra had sorted this issue out, of late. If it continues to bother, please get it addressed at the A.S.S in the first service or earlier.

Again, live your dream to the fullest[:)]

Actually my preffered colors were Black or Grey, but did not get options for old version except silver.
Mind elaborating ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
@Raja
Abhari ahe (thank you)[:)]

Yes TAI has huge club of XUV500 owners, all these threads here helped me a lot , very informative , interesting threads.
Sure i will update this thread regularly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
@Manojodungat
Thank you very much
XUV was my greatest dream came true...
I was not in a mood to compromise with it by considering any options[:D]
So was my decision.
With Ritz Lived the moment
Now with xuv Living free n living young.[clap]

Braking makes mild screeching noise at very low speed while parking.
Otherwise no issues yet.will get sorted at first service.

When I booked w6 MnM had stopped production of 200mm GC versions. So dealer dint had old version in stocks, but I insisted to get me a old version, he managed to get a w6 but a silver one. No black or grey stocks that too for a base variant.
So I settled for it, silver was not in my list as in my area a local MLA has a same color w8.I just wanted to get a different color[embarass]

Last edited:
Congrats onlymanoj for the latest acquisition... [clap]
XUV indeed is value for money any day, though initially they had the long list of niggles, I now hear that all have been ironed out completely.

I was almost convinced on getting the XUV now, in another one month may be.
But your statement on the slow speed breaking noise still calls for a worry...
Another pain point I see is the revised ground clearance of 160mm, I currently own a Honda City (160mm GC) and am planning for a change to SUV just because of the bottom scraping issue with 5 people on board and full tank petrol.
Its really irritating to hear reducing the GC of an SUV, it really doesn't serve the purpose.

Please post details regarding your plan on speaker & headlight upgrade as am also having the same plans sooner or later.
Would suggest a smart looking Alloy heel for the Cheetah, it would look much smarter.
I think you should use the OEM seat covers for a while and then once it gets shabby, plan for a new set of seat cover, you have already paid for the current covers, so make maximum out of it. [;)]

Top Bottom