SIMPLE TIPS FOR A BETTER ROAD TRIP
Sometimes, we decide to go for a long trip, want to enjoy every moment with our car, but should never miss to prepare for the same.
We always do a mistake, we give the car for service just before the day which I feel should have been done at least two weeks before to ensure that we are comfortable and to avoid getting into a new problem after a service, especially with older vehicles. Yes, sometimes it happens… loosening of hoses after a heavy pressure water stream wash!
Maintenance packages with an oil change, tire rotation and mechanical inspection should never be done in the last moment. This way, there will be ample time to fix everything and make the necessary adjustments.
Let us see some important points required while we get ready for the long drive trip. We may be able to verify some of them on our own, for the most part, we may have to rely on a competent mechanic. So better to keep the check list. FOR THE CAR:
• Under the hood: - Engine oil / filter - Transmission fluid- Engine coolant
- Battery & terminals - Air filter – Fuel line
• Lights and Mirrors
• Windshield Wipers
• Steering, Suspension and Drivetrain Belt components
• Air conditioning
• Spare tire (Check the spare tire pressure), wheel wrench and the jack, Tire sealer-inflator can, manual air pump.
• Basic emergency kit, include spare bulbs, fuses, electrical tape.
• Glass cleaners like Colin to ensure clear windshield.
• Consider a GPS Navigation System / Map & guidebook
• Have enough fuel from your regular petrol bunk. Get idea about good petrol bunks on the way if need to be top upped.
• Owner's manual / Authorised service station details.
You may also read more from this illustrated article - How to prepare for a Road trip @ https://snapguide.com/guides/prepare...car-checklist/
(Don't miss to read the comments also) FOR YOU:
1. Keep First Aid Medicines for fever, body pain, cold, diarrhea, nausea and allergy. The driver should avoid sleep inducing drugs. Always keep your regular medicines , the best antiseptic ointment Betadine and some anti-inflammatory ointment like Volini.
2. Avoid tight dress especially tight under garments / Avoid over loading & crowding of persons.
3. Keep some good cups and tumblers which you can use to get coffee / tea to avoid unhygienic cups and health hazardous disposable plastic cups from tea shops.
4. Always keep a good fully charged torch light.
5. Enough tissues / Pillows
6. Mobile phone /charger
7. Music, games (not for drivers!) & energy bars & snacks
8. Secure the seat belt / child's seat properly / Pet Care if needed.
9. A refreshing car perfume
10. Stop the car intermittently at unpolluted environment under a shade, breath fresh air and do some quick 5 minutes exercises like safe twisting & stretching. REMEMBER
, Three important things that make for a successful road trip are Comfort, Safety and Fuel economy & the CAR should be overall an agreeable traveling partner.
Road trips are Fun & Adventurous , Enjoy the journey !