German Beauty Volkswagen Polo Highline 2013 Comes Home

Thread Starter #1
My car loves started when I was around 7-8 years old somewhere in 1996-97. In summer vacations, me and my cousin brother use to sit outside our house and we both will write downs the numbers of the vehicles. We use to do it every day, I know it sounds stupid but we all know how childhood is.

The first car I fell in love was Black Daewoo Cielo, it was owned by our neighbor. I use to admire it a lot and use to think “I will buy one, once I grow up”.

Days passed buy and then months and years, My car love continued which included pretending like I am turning using a steering wheel even if I am walking.
It was 2008, I finished my graduation and I was in confusion where to move for my post graduation, I choose Bangalore and moved almost 2600 Kms from my hometown (Muzaffarnagar only 100 Km from Delhi).

Coming back to my CAR love, it was the time ANHC was launched in the market, Every time I see one; it was the most beautiful thing on the earth. If my parents are walking with me and ANHC happens to pass by, I will show them see this is new car from Honda, so Beautiful. I did not knew much about the technical details that time, was the look of the car which got me in love.

But when I saw Chevy Camaro in the Movie “Transformers 2: Revenge of the fallen”, it became my new love. I found out this car was not sold in India and if I want one I have to import it. I started calculating how much it will cost and how to import, without realizing that it may never happen.

In 2009 end, I got my first job through campus placement in Investment banking. It was the time when one of the Autobots got launched in India and it was called Chevrolet Beat. Oh man “There were no car as beautiful as Beat, so funky and different from the other hatchbacks in the market and in green color it was a killer”. I realized this is the one which I can buy after some time and will fall in my budget too.

Few months passed by and due to some reasons I could not buy the Beat. I needed a vehicle as it was getting difficult by public transport. After doing some research, I bought Honda Stunner on Jan 29th 2010. It is a wonderful vehicle; I never had any problem with it always served me well. I gave it a name as well “Stano”

Here is the list of the CARS I considered,

Chevrolet Beat:

Time passed by and my urge for getting a CAR kept getting stronger. It was 2013 beginning, I decided I have to buy a CAR so as my favorite car was Beat so I reached Trident Chevrolet showroom in Marathalli. It is a very small showroom and they had LS model on display which I did not like much. I took the details and left showroom. During the same time my friend bought a Beat LT diesel and on weekends I got to spend time in Beat. I was always in the passenger seat as I was not confident enough to drive a car on Bangalore roads. One think which annoyed me about the Beat whenever my friend changed gears, his elbow will hit me. Initially I thought it might be because of his driving habits, But after some time I got a chance to seat in one more friend Beat and same thing happened there. I did not like this thing also on internet I saw many Beat petrol owner complaining about the mileage. Even though, I liked it most from outside but due to cramp space inside, I decided to go for some other car.

Used Car:

After reading on so many forums, I thought as a new driver I should buy a used car and then a new one after 2-3 years down the line. I searched online and found one good looking 2007 Palio petrol 1600cc for sale in 2 lakh rupees. I liked the pics of the car, it looked clean and fresh. I called up owner ad he told me car is in very good condition and he is selling because he has to move to USA within next 2 months. I decided to meet him on weekend and started goggling about Fiat palio issues. As it was discontinued by Fiat, I got to know there are lots of issues with Palio mainly due to spare parts. During search, I went to Fiat forum and suddenly I saw one post related to the same car which I was about to see on weekend. I got to know that particular car had multiple breakdowns in last few months and mechanics were not able to locate the issue and then the owner decided to sell the car. I was like “Oh god, I was about to buy that car and these car forums saved me. The car owner would have never thought of that I will come across his car issue thread on Fiat forum
I decided that moment I will not be buying a used car unless I know sufficient about cars and again I was at starting point which car to Buy?

Honda Brio:

I was browsing through many car forums and as my main requirement was that car should be a good highway performer. I found Honda Brio to be a good highway performer and according to the reviewers it had best visibility in class. I started watching Brio video reviews ad started reading the ownership threads. I came to know from Bangalore Brio owners, the suspension is on stiffer side and the impact of the potholes bump effect is directly transferred to your backbone. I realized it might be an issue as most of the roads in Bangalore are full of potholes. The specialty about our beautiful city Bangalore is, once there is a pothole it will eventually become a creator with the time. I am sure within few years Bangalore roads will be perfect off-roading destination for people across the globe.
Apart from this when I went to check Brio in showroom it looked very small. It felt big from inside due to its large glass area, but I did not like the interior. The layout was simple and nice but it was not symmetrical. Also in my family everybody said Brio is very small so now Brio was also out.

Maruti Swift:

I am not a fan of Maruti cars as I feel their build quality is not good as other car manufacturers. No offense to any Maruti car owner, it is just my personal opinion and I also have 3 maruti cars in my family.
But considering the swift popularity and my family orientation towards maruti , I went to check Swift at Maruti Whitefield showroom. I entered the showroom and waited for 3-4 minutes for a salesman to approach me. Nobody came, so I myself started checking the car then after 7-8 minutes one salesman came to me and asked “What are you looking for”. It was kind of funny and stupid as well at the same time as I was checking the swift already. I replied firmly “Swift”. I asked him that I have heard waiting period has come down. He said “Yes” and asked me to wait for few minutes. He came back and told me I can get the vehicle within 20 days and went back to chit-chat with other Salesmen. I was kind of annoyed by his behavior as he was like that he is doing a favor to me by replying to my questions. On the top of that he did not bother to tell me anything about the car. I walked out of the showroom at that moment. So it was decided Swift won’t be coming home.

Finally, Volkswagen Polo:

Believe me, I never thought I would be buying polo due to its luxurious image I had in my mind. I stayed in Marathalli earlier, every time I went to checkout a car I will see VW showroom on the way (VW Whitefield, Apple Auto) and think it will not fall in my budget. One day, last month when I was going from there I thought lets checkout Polo, it does not mean that if we check we have to buy it. I was kind of afraid due to the stories I read about the VW dealerships on internet. I entered the Apple Auto, within 1-2 second I was approached by a Sales Person called Basant.
We went to a desk and he started explaining me the vehicle details and he asked if we would like to have coffee\Tea. After explaining everything, he said sir come with me and I will show you the CAR in detail. He explained us everything about the Polo in around 20 minutes and then asked me sir would you like a test drive. My answer was no, as I am a new driver not experienced enough to judge engine performance. He said “if you want I can get a driver and you can check the other factors. I said ok.

Within 5 minutes, we were in the Test drive vehicle which was a Petrol Highline model. I asked him if driver can drive the car fast. He said “Driver bhiya, please take the car above 100”. After few seconds he asked me how I am feeling. I was like did we touch 100 yet and he asked me to look at the Speedo meter which was hovering around 130. I was completely impressed by that. After that I saw one bad road and asked to the driver to take there to check the comfort. There also Polo proved itself and I made my mind clear even if it is costing almost 40K extra over swift, I will go for this one.

We reached showroom and was completely impressed by everything but still I wanted time to think and told SA that I will let him know my decision soon. We left from there also as Hyuandai showroom is nearby I thought If I am stretching my budget then why don’t take a look at i20 as well.
We entered the Hyundai showroom and checked i20 asta variant. Oh man, it has got so many features that even some sedans don’t have. I liked i20, but after sitting in Polo I could feel that i20 quality does not match to Polo ( No offence to i20 owners, it is my personal opinion). I might be wrong but the feeling I got inside Polo was never given by any other hatchback. We checked the car took details and walked out of the showroom.

Next day, I received the call from Apple Auto to know my decision about Polo. As I had already made up my mind so I told them I am coming there to book one. Basant (SA) told come sir, I will try to get some more discount. I came to the showroom and he told me he can give me another 6K discount. I was happy with the offer so I paid 10K and book my Polo Highline Petrol on August 03, 2013. My overall experience with Apple Auto and my SA (Basant) have been wonderful. He is very well behaved and polite person. I will recommend everyone who is looking for a VW vehicle near Whitefield area, to meet Basant.

I received my Car on Saturday and here are few pics:

Here are few pics, lot more to follow soon

Attachments

Wow another Polo on TAI. Congrats Ghost!![clap] Yes its like falling in love with this car. Completely mesmerizes you and its difficult to overlook if your bitten by its looks. I too was a victim of Polo's looks from the very first day it was launched in 2010 in India. The top notch quality it oozes inside out is like a cherry on top of a cake. Finally got mine last year and the story has been all smiles till now. [:D] Hope you too crunch many many miles in your white beauty and enjoy each moment spent with it. Drive safe![drive]

Thread Starter #3
Wow another Polo on TAI. Congrats Ghost!! Yes its like falling in love with this car. Completely mesmerizes you and its difficult to overlook if your bitten by its looks. I too was a victim of Polo's looks from the very first day it was launched in 2010 in India. The top notch quality it oozes inside out is like a cherry on top of a cake. Finally got mine last year and the story has been all smiles till now. Hope you too crunch many many miles in your white beauty and enjoy each moment spent with it. Drive safe![drive]
Thanks @GM88 , I had already gone through your review in past before registering on TAI. All polo ownership review on TAI helped me a lot in making my decision. Other reviews which I went through were from @Sanke1 and @Rightnow . A applaud to all of you for putting these wonderful reviews onto the forum [clap]

I am in Love with this car and hope to have many happy miles ahead with my German beauty [:)]

Hearty Congrats Ghost. Wishing you very best and enjoy the car. Looking forward for more feedback. [clap]

Next day, I received the call from Apple Auto to know my decision about Polo. As I had already made up my mind so I told them I am coming there to book one. Basant (SA) told come sir, I will try to get some more discount. I came to the showroom and he told me he can give me another 6K discount. I was happy with the offer so I paid 10K and book my Polo Highline Petrol on August 03, 2013. My overall experience with Apple Auto and my SA (Basant) have been wonderful. He is very well behaved and polite person. I will recommend everyone who is looking for a VW vehicle near Whitefield area, to meet Basant.

I received my Car on Saturday and here are few pics:

Here are few pics, lot more to follow soon
Congrats for your Polo. No hatchback looks good in front of it [:D]

I am also planning to buy one and was in contact with the same guy you mentioned. Still to visit the showroom though as Polo was my last option in case i am unable to find a suitable car within my budget of 7lcs OTR. Would you mind telling me the final OTR price and the various discounts that were presented at apple auto ?
That would help a lot and thanks in advance.

Congrats Ghost on your new car.Wishing you happy miles with the beauty.Polo is for me the most beautiful hatchback. I would have bought the GT if it was available in Pepper grey color.To be honest I didn't like the black strips on the doors,lessens the looks of this beauty.

Thread Starter #8
Congrats for your Polo. No hatchback looks good in front of it [:D]

I am also planning to buy one and was in contact with the same guy you mentioned. Still to visit the showroom though as Polo was my last option in case i am unable to find a suitable car within my budget of 7lcs OTR. Would you mind telling me the final OTR price and the various discounts that were presented at apple auto ?
That would help a lot and thanks in advance.
Thanks Chesterchaz , Completely agree with you and build quality of Polo is something which makes other cars feel shy.

Their discount schemes changes every month, I got around 10K cash discount and other 6k was given through other ways like essential pack and 3k insurance. Mine is Highline which coasted me around 7.4 which includes 6K extra accessories I opted for. If you go for Comfortline or Trandline, you can get good discount but on Highline there are not much discount due to its high dimand and less profit margin. The difference between CL and HL was around 65 and HL is completely worth it.

Let me know if I can provide any help in getting more discount. You can mention him my name "Sujeet". I believe in CL and TL, You should get insurance free along with some 3-4 K extra discount. You can PM me for more details.

Thread Starter #9
Congrats Ghost on your new car.Wishing you happy miles with the beauty.Polo is for me the most beautiful hatchback. I would have bought the GT if it was available in Pepper grey color.To be honest I didn't like the black strips on the doors,lessens the looks of this beauty.
Thanks Buddy, I know that black strips does not look good but believe they saves the car from lots of scratches which happens in closed parking areas.

Congrats Ghost for your POLO...and good to have another polo on the forum.
It was the same feeling of falling in love with me also when i saw and tded the polo. Anyways may it bring lot of happy miles to you and congrats again. Dont forget to stay light footed for say atleast 1500kms. Have fun. [clap]
What about the OTR price?
Accesories free/paid?
Discounts?

Hey Ghost

Congrats on your polo.
Does your car have the auto AC?

Take a few tips:
- Drive at low RPMs for first 1500 Kms.
- Do not apply hand brakes too firm after washing the car
- Do not pressure wash the engine bay, wipe it with cloth if need be
- Check for air pressure regularly- keep it 32

Well there is nothing much to take care of frankly speaking. It is one tough and rugged machine. Enjoy and keep us updated.

Thread Starter #12
Hey Ghost

Congrats on your polo.
Does your car have the auto AC?

Take a few tips:
- Drive at low RPMs for first 1500 Kms.
- Do not apply hand brakes too firm after washing the car
- Do not pressure wash the engine bay, wipe it with cloth if need be
- Check for air pressure regularly- keep it 32

Well there is nothing much to take care of frankly speaking. It is one tough and rugged machine. Enjoy and keep us updated.
Thanks Rightnow , Yes it comes with Auto AC. I am about to do a detailed photoshoot on this weekend and then will upload all the pics with every small detail [:)]

Thanks Aamir, You can see the details about OTR and discount in my above post.

Last edited:
Thanks @GM88 , I had already gone through your review in past before registering on TAI. All polo ownership review on TAI helped me a lot in making my decision. Other reviews which I went through were from @Sanke1 and @Rightnow . A applaud to all of you for putting these wonderful reviews onto the forum [clap]

I am in Love with this car and hope to have many happy miles ahead with my German beauty
Glad to know that we all could be of some help in your buying decision. Its the sheer love for the car that keeps making me feel to write more and more about it.[:D] Hope it would be the same for you and we'll have loads of updates from your side on your Polo.

Waiting for the photo-shoot pics. Don't keep us waiting for long. [:)]

Thread Starter #15
Glad to know that we all could be of some help in your buying decision. Its the sheer love for the car that keeps making me feel to write more and more about it.[:D] Hope it would be the same for you and we'll have loads of updates from your side on your Polo.

Waiting for the photo-shoot pics. Don't keep us waiting for long. [:)]
Thanks GM88, Your review were great help in understanding everything from ownership point of view :)

Hi Ghost,

Congrats on your new Polo. It's Polo 1.6L Petrol highline model na?

Regards,
Sankar
Thanks Sanker, No it is not 1.6, that was discontinued last year by VW. It is 1.2 Liter petrol engine

Top Bottom