Hell's Angel - Suzuki Zen Estilo LXi - Midnight Black - March 2007

Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hell's Angel - Suzuki Zen Estilo LXi - Midnight Black - March 2007

DOD: April 5, 2007.
Color - Midnight Black.

The Story:

It was a quick idea on head of my cousin sister after seeing a just-launched Estilo on display at showroom when she was returning from her late UK shift. It was the booming BPO time and she was getting paid enough to buy a car. We were all similar age and just stepping out of college. Technically, this would our first pet car in the whole family.

First impression for me and my brother was the car was too feminine. Apart from digging through the magazines, our first-hand experience with cars were only Zens and Indicas. No one of us knew to drive as well.

My suggestion was to get an used 5-speed 800 and learn and buy a new car, which she didn't like as well. She was stuck with the Estilo and that too the pink one. Asked to consider the Chevy Spark, which was announced at that time. Determined for Estilo, she started learning to drive and booked the car, colour was still a dilemma amongst us. She wanted pink or blue. We, boys, didn't want pink at any cost. Our pick was either black or red or even yellow was fine.

Finally, the day was around and the time to pick the colour and variant. Chose black after some heated arguments. LXi was chosen over VXi as it was decently packaged and sales guy was also supporting it. Paid the booking amount.

Applied for loan at State Bank and passed without any drama. Delivery was delayed due to failed driving tests and finally decided to take delivery by a paid driver.

Next was the accessories. MGA guys were calling to finalize the accessories. Paid a visit to the dealer for that. The list was pretty big. Browsing through the brochure, picked a few necessary stuffs. Sony Xplod was the latest player in market with almost all dealers and accessory shops pushing their products. Chose a Sony VCD/MP3 headunit. USB was also a just launched feature and only limited models were available. Checked with Sony World as well for USB models and nothing reached yet. Chose Xplod ovals, but dealer didn't mention where would they install them. All 4 doors had provision for 6 inch speakers. Picked an Xplod unit for front doors as well. Other items in our list were charcoal black tints, side beading, wheel caps, fog lamps, cigarette lamp, etc. The guy gave a rough estimate of ₹28,000, which took some time for us to digest. Paid a ₹5000 advance and rest to be paid before delivery. After a talk on way back home in an auto (which was our only mean of transport then), we would postpone the accessories for now and pick something that will fit in the amount paid for. Final list was Autocop remote locking, charcoal black tint, fog lamps and cigar lamps.

D-Day:

All of us were excited. Our distant uncle will take delivery and do the temple run, which was wanted to, but ......

We left for showroom in our friend’s Zen and an auto. By the time we reached there, the car was ready at the delivery bay with ribbons. We were warmly invited and had something to drink and a complementary candy box.

First time we were seeing the car. No idea of PDI then. We were too noob and not many contents in the World Wide Web then.

First fight with the dealer starts then. Accessories were not installed for which we paid upfront for, no tint or cigarette lamps. We paid ₹1600 for OEM wheel caps and then installed some shoddy cheap after-market fugly 3-spoke one with bolt in middle. Adding to that they installed an ugly looking number plate, which we didn't order and took ₹500 for that. Accessories manager came and apologized, took the car to the service bay and replaced the ugly caps with OEM caps and returned to delivery area. Still no cigar lamp and tints. Tints, he convinced her to install after learning to drive as it can obstruct her views, crap. Cigar lamp promised at first service. Without spoiling the day, went ahead with delivery process. All paperwork completed.

Paid dakshina and accepted key. First crank and first clutch slip and lemons were flying. Peak office hours and car stalled right outside showroom, which was one of the busy city stretches. Uncle took the car. We chased in Zen.

Freebies were 10 litre fuel coupons and an old school Amby-type steering cover (which I removed right after reaching home).

Reached home. Everyone dispersed. Car parked. Started my favourite thing. Tore off all the plastic cover over seat. Inspected the car upside down. Tried all the gizmos (power windows and central locking in this case, first car in our generation. Went through the owner’s manual. Tried learning security system codes [eventually failed]. Tried making her understand how to care the car.

Our first spin

With my friend co-piloting and cousin driving, we started off. It was her first independent driving off a driving school car. We had to remind her to go slow. Cut many intersections, missed bikes and finally knocked fish seller with the mirror. Driving school taught only till 3rd gear and to use 4th when absolute necessary. She was shocked to know there is a 5th gear as well.

Next step was to teach her the half clutch. We chose the wrong stretch, which happened to be steepest incline in the locality with a 90 degree turn. Ended burning the clutch. After multiple attempts, she learned, but at the cost of the clutch on the first day of the car.

Second day and mods begin

Happened to be vinyl guy and made number plates and stickers for almost everyone in the friends circle. Threw away the ugly metal plates and put on home-custom foam board plates in custom font. NFS Prostreet also launched that time. Took a screenshot of the title and made a sticker of it as well. May be the first sticker in whole India then. A Hell’s Angel sticker was put one rear back glass, prime idea was to prevent the dealer stickers.

Horrible days as a co-driver

I didn't know how to drive nor ever tried to but, I was the default co driver for most of my friends and some of their parents for my level of patience and manual transmission experience in NFS and truck simulators [lol]. I used to accompany her during her driving practise. She finally managed to pass the test after 4th attempt. Taught her basics like engine breaking, slowing down at humpe and potholes, staying in lane, when and where to overtake, etc. I stopped counting near misses and everybody was calling my maa-baap [frustration]

Fight with dealer continues.

First service and no accessories received that we paid for. Cigarette lamp still out of stock and the tint guy on leave. The guy whom we dealt during delivery quit. We insisted on refund and they declined. Only option was choosing something else. We chose the door visors instead and had to pay some out of pocket. After a fight and checking their bills, realized we paid only for the cigarette lamp [evil]. We paid for VXi foglamps and they installed some crap after-market stuff, which rusted in no time and the wiring was shoddy as well.

Mods:
After the uncertainty about the tinting at dealer over, we decided to tint at the biggest car accessory shop in town, The Car Palace. They showed various options costing as cheap as ₹400 to nice ₹3000 ones. Opted for Charcoal Black, for ₹1200. Insisted on sticking the rear one in single piece instead of 2 or 3 pieces. Fixed a beige and black steering cover to match the interiors. She was very happy with that steering cover, the first functional addition. Car was still without stereo. Ruined the tints on reaching home, accidentally lowering the glass. They redid that free of cost.

Our first highway run proved the stock horns were of no use. Skoda horn was trending and not much common then. Closest was Roots Windtone. During a festive time, uncle gave some pocket money. Headed to the neighbourhood accessory shop, Car Dreams, which was recently opened. Opted Windtone. Paid ₹850 in total with clamps and a melody maker (which was installed as relay).

Hell's Angel

hellsangelseason123.jpg

Initial days. Weekend wash was a routine then. Had a reindeer soft toy then.

0015.JPG
0017.JPG
0024.JPG

One of my first mods. Fast and the Furious inspired. Neon tubes were super expensive and LED strips were unheard of at that time. Attempted to do green one on friends Zen, which was assembled but never installed due to unsatisfactory output. Dad saw my wonderful horrible wiring and taught me how to calculate the resistance values and series and parallel wirings, which I still follows. Took some conduit pipes and red LEDs and made a spot unit instead of full length ones. It was an eye-catcher then and made the car famous amongst the mod guys in town and famous over Orkut.

0042.JPG
0029.JPG

Raw materials.

PHOT0015.JPG

Final product, painted black before install.

PHOT0021.JPG

Borrowed drill from a neighbourhood electrician. Install was successful. My first major attempt on the car.

PHOT0059.JPG

Replacing the wheel caps has become a common thing at each service and convinced her to throw off the wheel caps for ever. Grabbed a can of Nippon Pylox, which was also just launched then and painted the rims. Was sceptical about the finish and whether it will hold off for long, but everything turned out nice and well.

0097.JPG

WIP

01.jpg
02.JPG
04.JPG
06.JPG
15.JPG

Updates:

October 2012: Clutch, steering and suspension jobs works done @48.5k km

December 2012: New battery (3rd) and new pedal covers

Crosses 50k km

ICE setup + misc addon snaps.

DIY Tachometer Install

Aux-in added

Front doors damped and door speakers upgraded.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2

deville_56

Honoured Member
THE GEARBOX MYSTERY

Fifth gear and Reverse refused to slot in from the first day. Took it to dealer multiple times. They said it’s the characteristic of Estilo gearbox and no cure for this. If your want to shift to fifth, u gotta rev up in 3rd and go directly to 5th [Because of this cousin still don’t use 4th gear.]. For reversing you gotta slot the gear in reverse, release the clutch, hear the grinding noise, then press the clutch and then try with extra force. Showed outside mech, they said easily curable with some bush change, but car was still under warranty and we gotta rely on dealer.

After a lot of fight they promised to get it sorted out. Car was in for service every week for the gearbox issue. When they sort 5th gear problem starts with 2nd or 3rd. There was even situation where we had to start from 2nd gear and sometimes shift from 1st to 3rd and all. After lots of discussion in Orkut Estilo community, a guy in Delhi said he changed his gearbox components with Alto’s and his car still under warranty. Mailed customer care in full detail, almost 3 months of horrible shifting experience, they took the issue seriously. The guy from dealership called. Took car from home [In all other case, we had to take the car and pursue them]. Did gearbox overhaul, everything sorted out. Box working very fine. Actually this was a design issue in first lot of Estilo, they sorted it out after that and replacement kits for the first lot were already available with dealer and they didn’t even mention about it. But after this issue, we became their prestige customers and they never charged even for consumables during free services. No even charged for oil.

FINALLY THE STEREO

I got job in Bangalore and had to part away from Angel. After having 5 months of hectic life there and pocketful of cash returned home for vacation. First this in agenda, a good ICE setup for Hell’s Angel.

Again, Car Palace. They were Kenwood authorized dealer, and have many other brands from Pioneer to high end Rockford amps and all. No Pioneers as 90% in market were fake. My budget was 15k and I wanted nothing other than JBL speakers after lots of homework and customer review. Zeroed to two units – Kenwood unit with rear USB [I don’t like the erection kinda look with the front USB units] and a Nippon DVD unit, 1.5 DIN size with small LCD display with even reverse camera input. Quoted 14k for the Nippon one. No money for speaker. Decided to go for the Kenwood Unit. It was a combo pack and came with two 4-inchers. Exchanged for two 6-inchers as Estilo front door could accommodate only 6-inch ones. Also bought JBL GTO937 ovals and full length enclosure. Super satisfied with the setup and installation. Sound quality was awesome, but lacked the thump feel of Pioneer, but JBL delivered near-sub like bass [main reason why I chose it]. Setup cost 17k in total, 2k more than my budget. Head Unit got 2 year warranty and rest stuff had 1 year. Head unit display packed up recently and got repaired under warranty. I didn’t like the way they insulated the wiring harness for head unit. Almost a roll of insulation tape to cover 10-20 joints. Took them off and soldered the joints and decently insulted them.

I had been almost a year since we bought the car and seat fabric turned dirty and we decided to get some seat cover. Bought fake leather covers [Dolphin brand with 2 year warranty] for 4800 bucks.

IN LOVE WITH DEALER AGAIN [GRRRR!!!]

Second and third service passed by without any issue. Was confused whether or not to go for extended warranty and by god’s grace dealer themselves proved they are not worth for servicing anything other than old Carb-800. First paid service was done by Auto Engineers, one of the reputed guys over here. Less than 10 years of experience and they are the best in business [ASC had 25 years experience with MAruti and our dealer was the biggest dealer in India].

[Posted somewhere previously]

The love story begins.

Situation 1: It was around the time 3rd service was over. One fine night I was returning home and when I switched ON AC, headlamps dimmed and car was about to stall, but luckily I switched off AC and car started again in the momentum. Next morning it started at first crank and I didn't take it seriously.

Situation 2: I was listening music with car parked in front a shop. Within 2 minutes player stopped and all electricals down. Had to call the roadside assistance. They jump started the car and charge 150 bucks without bill. Blamed listening music when engine off [used to play more than 1 hour before service].

Situation 3: Parked in front of another shop, away from city. This time 2-3 songs and battery out. Again roadside assistance. 110 bucks. No bill, but took my signature. Blamed again for music.

Situation 4: Almost midnight and I was to drop my cousin to railway station. Cranked the car and it's dead. Borrowed friend's car and dropped her. Removed the battery and charged myself. Checked specific gravity, two cells had low values. Fitted back. No problem for another week.

Situation 5: Cousin drove herself to the temple. Parked with park lights ON. Returned to see dim light. My brother and friend took them home in an Omni and again roadside assistance. 100 bucks gone.

Next morning dad asked me why calling them again and again. Asked me to try some local electrical mechs. Dad checked battery and said it's dead. Try recharging.

Took the car to the ASC. They checked and returned the car stating no probs with the car electrical. Only the battery is low. They charged it and put it back. Charged 150 labor and 60 charging.

Situation 6: I was returning home and stopped to buy milk just a km from home. Dead again. I called the service advisor. He said he'll send some guys to check it. Then the dame dumbo roadside people came and jump started [this time they shorted their own battery connecting the ends of the same wire to both terminals]. Didn't charge me anything this time. Issue this time was the dumb guy at service center forgot to tighten the battery terminal.

Situation 7: Very next day cousin took the car for a spin and returned. That evening it refused to start. Called advisor. ASS people came, jump started and took the car.

Kept the car for two days saying need thorough electrical checkup. Advisor called and said prob is with your head unit and you gotta change it. Simply said there is internal short circuit in your player. He said he'll connect the player with a switch and I should switch it on only when the car is running and should switch it off when car is off. Charged 150 labor charge.

Followed that no problems for two days. They called for feedback and I said no problem now and they closed the case.

I took the car to the Kenwood Service Center and explained the Kenwood guy. He said the player won't work if there is internal short circuit. He offered to fit another unit to check whether that is the problem. Returned satisfied with his reply.

Situation 8: Decided no player for a week. Within two days battery out. Took it out and charged myself. Took it to local electrical guy. He checked specific value and officially declared the battery is dead.

Connected it to inverter and it can't drive a 21 inch TV for 30 minutes.

Went to Amaron guy. He said OEM battery is out of warranty. Replaced the OEM unit with Amaron Flo 44 amp battery [4 year warranty].

No probs after that. True fit it forget it stuff. Never bothered to check it.

LOVE WITH ASC AGAIN

One bloody Piaggio driver brushed against right side doors and rear panel causing deep dent. The same side was repaired a week back at Auto Engineers. They charge exact amount for insurance claims and we will get repayment only after 14 days. Didn’t have enough money for another workup there. So decided to give it back to ASC for denting. They charge only 500 bucks as the insurance is Maruti’s.

Took the car kept it with them for 8 days and when I called they said will start only today. I said okay. They returned car on the 10th day. Dried putty was all over the brake light. He rubbed it off with some rubbing compound. Took car back. Next day found dripping paint all over the front door. Called and complained. There was unfinished painted surface on boot lid too. Gave the car in morning. Promised to return by noon. Called to inquire. He said it’s being rubbed. Called after an hour. Same reply. Again and again the same reply. By evening he called back saying the car is being repainted and will be delivered next day. Next day morning called him up. He didn’t pick up my call. Fed up and called ASC. They said he is on leave and can’t give car today. I fired up and they said they will arrange another guy to take care of the car. That guy called up and said it’s being painted. I said the other guy said its being painted yesterday and you are still painting it??? What the hell. I made it clear I want the car back today itself and I said the time. Went fro picking up the car and found the car in workshop [car was supposed to be in the claims section, another area]. Boot lid not finished yet and car not even washed. Argued with him. He said he is helpless and its time to close the shop. Please accept sir. Took the car and left. No more ASC again. Hmmm.

Deviated too much from the topic [:D]

PROS AND CONS

• Very much nimble. Good city car. Roomy. No tunnel in middle. So flat floor bed for rear middle passenger.
  • Decent fuel economy. 10-12 with/without AC in city. 18 on highway.
  • Nervous handling. Unstable at cross winds. Handling problems attributes to the puny 145 section low quality JK tire. Tire worn out exactly at 30k km.
  • Practical like Wagon R.
  • Looks not acceptable by every one.
  • Cheap to run and maintain apart from the dealer issues.
  • Hassle free ownership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3

deville_56

Honoured Member
ACCIDENTS

First one was a close call. Understeered when taking a 90 degree turn overtaking a truck. Ended up in the wrong lane, and a Scorpio and Truck was coming opposite to me. This happened just the day before my license test. Second was I was trying to overtake a bus, came calculating the speed and gap. Suddenly the bus stopped with no warning. Rammed the left side into its back. Bus driver got worried. Said no probs and asked him to continue trip. Changed left headlamp and fender.

Third cousin’s friend took it for a family trip to Guruvayoor. He slept car landed in a small ditch. Torn bumper, two broken wheel caps and bent rims.

Then brother’s saga began. Brushed left side with a bus’s rear tire.

Then he t-boned a bike tearing the new bumper again.

Then he knocked down a bike that overtook him to take a left turn.

After that numerous small and big scratches.

MODS

• Underbody spot LEDs [currently off the car]
  • Roots Windtone
  • Amaron FLO 44 Amp Battery
  • Fake leather seat and steering cover.
  • Custom brake pedals.
  • Black rims with silver lips.
  • 165/65 R13 tires in rear.
  • Phillips Essential Vision 100/90
  • Clear lens side indicator with LED turn indicator and park light [Custom]
  • LED park light.
  • Meshed airdam.
  • ICE
  • Kenwood KDC-MP5033U headunit
  • JBL GTO937 with full length enclosure.

IN LIST

• Ritz tachometer
  • 165/65 in front
  • New fog lamps.
  • Mesh grille.

Thread Starter #5

deville_56

Honoured Member
Nice narration devile INC and Why you opted for ciggy lighter, for yourself?
I don smoke [:D]. For use as power outlet.

Bought and fixed it myself after searching whole Trivandrum one Sunday afternoon [no accessory shops at all]. That greedy shopper took 200 bucks from me for that 80 rupee chineese cigarette lamp, but I had no other go. Was not patient enough to wait for another day. [evil]

Why Ritz tachometer?
It's cheap and neat and can get assist from any workshop dealing with Estilo and Ritz for fixing it. I am damn sure ASC people don't knwo how to fix it or whether it is compatible.

New footwear
165/65 R13

dsc02575x.jpg

OgAAAJA7oxWvvIP6RBXVh9zkfPYz6pAlYz3MZdriCsxCwL0RZJ14997RgIA9fTsMLXZ4fazmGY11qCyKqZCzf_Q8GccAm1T1.jpg

this is what is called a comprehensive, well written & a interesting report. kudos.

but all i can say is- look after your car. with so many shunts & dents, it deserves more care & attention. also, learning driving & burning clutch in a brand new car was not the best thing to do.

Thread Starter #7

deville_56

Honoured Member
this is what is called a comprehensive, well written & a interesting report. kudos.

but all i can say is- look after your car. with so many shunts & dents, it deserves more care & attention. also, learning driving & burning clutch in a brand new car was not the best thing to do.
Thanx man.

Car is now three year old [evil].

Took a group photo in front of the car.
You didn't post it. We need to know who these crazy drivers are and keep well clear:lol!:

Went through the owner’s manual. Tried learning Security system codes [eventually failed]. Tried making her understand how to care the car.
Can you explain what this is?

Off the ugly metal plates and put on the in-house made plastic plates.
Why not HSVRP's. They look cool.

Time for first service. Where is our tint and cigarette lamp???? Tinter is ill sir and cigarette lamp still not in stock. Gearbox was terrible and 5th gear refused to slot in on the run [Will tell gearbox story]. [It took license in between, never smoked the car nor stalled once :D]. Asked for repayment of the amount, they said once paid can’t be returned. Will adjust with something else [They charged 500 extra for metal plates during delivery]. We opted for window visors and had to pay extra after them saying we paid only for cigarette lamp and the guy dealt with us quit the job :X. Service over and visor delayed, same out of stock reason. We paid for VXi’s fog lamp and they fixed some local cheap set, which rusted out within a year.
Welcome to Maruti A.S.S., the supposedly best in India

They said it’s the characteristic of Estilo gearbox and no cure for this. If your want to shift to fifth, u gotta rev up in 3rd and go directly to 5th [Because of this cousin still don’t use 4th gear.]. For reversing you gotta slot the gear in reverse, release the clutch, hear the grinding noise, then press the clutch and then try with extra force.
What nonsence. Looks like they are employing cooks to do the servicing.

Decided to go for the Kenwood Unit. Setup cost 17k in total, 2k more than my budget. Head Unit got 2 year warranty and rest stuff had 1 year.
You should have tried out Blaupunkt. I got the HU, Front components & Rear Ovals for 14K. Amazing sound quality. I'll post the details in another thread.

Was confused whether or not to go for extended warranty and by god’s grace dealer themselves proved they are not worth for servicing anything other than old Carb-800.
Great decesion not to go for extended warranty. Not worth it.

Went to Amaron guy. He said OEM battery is out of warranty. Replaced the OEM unit with Amaron Flo 44 amp battery [4 year warranty].
Again good decision. Amaron is really worth it. But surprising the OEM conked off so soon. What brand was it?

Thread Starter #10

deville_56

Honoured Member
You didn't post it. We need to know who these crazy drivers are and keep well clear:lol!:
Actually the showroom guys took it and didn't give us copies. I forgot to charge my camera batteries

Went through the owner’s manual. Tried learning Security system codes [eventually failed]. Tried making her understand how to care the car.
You can program Autocop security system various modes with different combination of keys. The security system screwed me up. Normally its the other way around

Quote:
Off the ugly metal plates and put on the in-house made plastic plates.

Why not HSVRP's. They look cool.
I am the ambassador for anti-fake-HSVRP

Quote:
What nonsence. Looks like they are employing cooks to do the servicing.
Most of the ASC employs freshers are trainees to save bucks. They learn on our cars.

Quote:
You should have tried out Blaupunkt. I got the HU, Front components & Rear Ovals for 14K. Amazing sound quality. I'll post the details in another thread.
Budget range Blaupunkt lacked the look and feel and I was most bothered about warranty and service.

Quote:
Great decesion not to go for extended warranty. Not worth it.
Learned that from Tata the hard way.

Quote:
Again good decision. Amaron is really worth it. But surprising the OEM conked off so soon. What brand was it?
OEM was also Amaron [:D]. The service buddies spoiled it. They fill it with acid solution instead of charging and usually tops up to the brim shorting the cells. Don't care about the specific gravity at all. Time and cost saving cheap trick.

ilango[speed thirst];25607 said:
dilip , that was good , remember the old stories hehe .

I think you forgot to mention the accident with a kinetic honda-lady driven one
Thanx for reminding. Forgot the aunty . It was Kinetic Style, not Kinetic Honda. [;)]

It was the day we had fight with dealer for visor and we got them fixed. That day I didn't sleep after night shift thinking to settle down after the visor issue.

Everything done and next point was to drop cousin at her study center. It was 50 m before a traffic light.

I put the left indicators and took a left turn. Of nowhere came this aunty in a bloody Kinetic Style. She tried to pass between the footpath and my left side. Knocked her down. Either she didn't notice the indicator or she might have mistaken that I am gonna take left at the traffic light, anyways my side was clear.

Traffic police came. He understood the issue. Asked to take her to the hospital. She was blacked out . Took her to one multispeciality hospital. Doctor said no probs. Just shock from accident. All the way and even in bed she was telling I came and hit her.

Her husband and colleagues came. He understood its her mistake, but one of the "nice" guys with him was saying I was rash driving and hit her down and blah blah blah. I was really frustrated that I couldn't sleep and didn't have break fast, it was almost noon. Some x-ray and confirmed she okay. 900 bucks gone. [Should have taken her to some government/charity hospital].

My cousin came, he was in working in the traffic commissioner office under deputation. He said let them go and file case and he was damn sure that Pride didn't have insurance.

Off home after her leaving.

2-3 days after her husband called cousin bro and said got the Pride repaired and it cost 5k from his pocket. There were only silly scratches when we inspected the Pride after accident. bro said go and claim insurance .

Car got some left side panel scratch [which was entirely damaged in next accident and replaced completely]

Me, Ilango and Aditya aka Renegade met just because of our Estilos via the Orkut Estilo community.

I am the ambassador for anti-fake-HSVRP
Use original ones. They will be fitted at the RTO itself. In Goa it's alraedy compulsory for new vehicles.
Budget range Blaupunkt lacked the look and feel and I was most bothered about warranty and service.
I've got the Hamburg HU and it looks decent. The quality is top notch and the sound quality is very good. I've installed it in my Siena with Blaupunkt speakers (Front Components) and rear Ovals. Now I'm adding a 5 Channel Amp and a Subwoofer.

Thread Starter #12

deville_56

Honoured Member
Use original ones. They will be fitted at the RTO itself. In Goa it's alraedy compulsory for new vehicles.

I've got the Hamburg HU and it looks decent. The quality is top notch and the sound quality is very good. I've installed it in my Siena with Blaupunkt speakers (Front Components) and rear Ovals. Now I'm adding a 5 Channel Amp and a Subwoofer.
High Security Plates only implemented in Goa, Sikkim and Meghalaya. Rest all fakes. Even largest seller and authorized to make HSRP dealer, Utsav issues disclaimer stating all theri freely available in market plates are just look alikes and illegal. [:D]

Saw one Blaupunkt player in a Santro [Hyundai dealer is also dealer for Blaupunkt here] with all Blaupunkt speaker. The head unit was around 8k. Don't remember model name. Quality was not up to my taste and looks were dull and not feature rich. Sound quality was good though.[clap]

High Security Plates only implemented in Goa, Sikkim and Meghalaya. Rest all fakes. Even largest seller and authorized to make HSRP dealer, Utsav issues disclaimer stating all theri freely available in market plates are just look alikes and illegal.
The authorised manufacturer for the plates is not Utsav. It's Shimnit Utsch. http://www.shimnitutsch.co.in/hsrp.htm

Saw one Blaupunkt player in a Santro. Quality was not up to my taste and looks were dull and not feature rich. Sound quality was good though.[clap]
Looks may not be good but the quality is top notch and it's really the sound quality that matters.

Thread Starter #14

deville_56

Honoured Member
The authorised manufacturer for the plates is not Utsav. It's Shimnit Utsch. http://www.shimnitutsch.co.in/hsrp.htm

Looks may not be good but the quality is top notch and it's really the sound quality that matters.
Sound quality is not the only criteria. Kenwood is not bad compared to Blaupunkt [evil]

Thanx for the HSRP update.

Toyota dealer here was trying to impose the look-alike over the customers saying its mandatory and RTO cracked it. Anyways it's not implemented here and all the look alikes are overpriced and still sold saying it's the original

Top Bottom