My Modified Chevrolet Enjoy: An Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
This is Chevrolet Enjoy ownership review. Covering buying, ownership and maintenance experiences.

Hi !!

Here comes the new Chevy Enjoy...

Bought this on 13th Aug.

Details of the car -

Chevy Enjoy LS (Base edition)
Dealer - Kropex, Electronic city B'lore
Price - 8,37,280 on road.

A long story about adding another car to my garage, as you all know I have a 800 yes a modified 800.

From the day the Nano was launched my dad was telling me we shall buy this. Finally after a year with full discussions to buy a new car. Final decision was to buy a Nano (top end).

Main reason behind buying a new car was because of my DIY's on 800 !
I work on weekends too, so week days I would need the car (not for driving it around) for doing some or the other mods on.

Also when ever I do a new mod my dad always faced some issues with the mods I did.

So finally went ahead with my dad's decision to buy a Nano, also bought the quote for LX the very next day. It was 2,78,000 approx on road.

Then I refused to buy a nano told him to check out 800 or beat. So the quarrel went on for few months from then [lol].

I never knew there was a car launched called Enjoy. One fine day Vishwas landed with his new Enjoy. (Here comes the twist).

Sat in his car, wow wow what space it has. He is a very kind guy handed the keys to me to drive it ! This is where my decision changed from buying a Nano to Enjoy !

My dad too saw the car, he too liked it. Yes now comes the decision.

No test drives till date.

I had set my mind to base variant since it had all the equipments which I needed. The Rear roof ac, HPS, all power windows a turbo engine and space. Also the price tag.

My parents were fine with the decision, now comes financial part..

Took the amount from Dad which was kept for buying a Nano (2,40,000).
I had to take the loan for another 6,00,000.

Me and mom visited the showroom, we tried Trident, KHT but as soon as they saw we came in a 800 they dint give us a good response, (I dont know why people see a 800 like this, should change peoples mind).

Finally visited Kropex near my office with my mom, response was really good. We also met the MD of the dealer and was very pleased.

Right away booked the car, paid 10,000 as advance. Now comes the negotiation, we were told that as this is a new launch there would be no offers on it. Finally my mom managed to get a good deal of getting central locking, floor mats and mud flaps free with the car.

The SE (Prakash Shetty) was clear what he was saying.

Later dint even take a test drive, saw a car parked inside the showroom which was 7 seater with captain seats (Vishwas has 8 seater). We felt this was more comfortable. Changed the same on invoice which was 10k costlier than the 8 seater.

Later got a invoice, after two days paid around 2,80,000 in total. The rest would be by loan.

Just after two days I got my VIN of the new car. Decoded and found that the car was manufactured on July.

The loan process took a long time, yes 15 days.
Gave him the DD now comes the waiting period, did the PDI on the same day (Thanks to TAI for the PDI checklist). As there was an public holiday the car wasn't registered, another two days gone, then the accessories asked were not available finally the day (13th aug). Came from office directly to the showroom, the car was getting polished. The new fog lamps, roof rails were fitted.

I was very happy about the fitment of fog lamps as the fitment was same as in the top end variant, the wiring was neat had the couplers also it has the same stalk which the top end version had.

My parents arrived in my 800.. checked every thing yes the time to take the car ! It was 4 pm a cloudy day.

I felt bad about the dealer / SE at the last, he never came when we were all set to move. Dint give a basic demo of the car too [frustration] the delivery in-charge greeted us an we left.

The dealer gave us 3 lts of diesel and we add 500rs diesel.
Headed nice road, this is the first time I was driving behind my own 800.

Wow that moment was very memorable. The very first day touched 130 in car.

The response of the car was cool, ac was chilling.

Being an upgrade from 800 the space is unlimited, power is was sufficient.

Drove it back to home, parked my 800. Took the new Enjoy for pooja.

All set now.

Now comes the details of the car's performance, space etc..

Space - When it comes it space it has plenty of space. I am 6'2 and able to seat in all three rows comfortably.

The third row folds completely so that we can put in some extra luggage.

Power - Thought its powered by 1.3 liter engine doesn't feel under powered. The turbo kicks in at just 1,600 rpm. At 120 the rpm was around 2700 which was good for such a big car. I drove with 7 people on board with ac, I could easily manage driving around 100- 120. I could see a turbo lag when there were 7 people on board only in stop and go situations.

Build Quality - The built quality is good but could be better. There are some points where we can see the imperfections. Plastic's could be better at the joints on the dash or the roof AC.

Tires - The worst tires and worst size. It was with 175/70 R14. There is no option to fit 15 inches as the front tires would rub the shocks.

Finally ended u buying 195\60 Yoko ES100 with exchange of these with 4 days of buying the car.

Visibility - All fine except at the rear and front A pillars are huge and block visibility at time. And at rear while reversing its a tough task. Small cars like my 800 is not visible at all.

Mod \ Accessories done so far..

Add my old Pioneer HU from 800 ( as the new JVC dint fit in), Hertz component speakers for front, jbl speakers at rear.

Led cabin lamps (Thanks to SS80 for getting these).

Final verdict, bigger than Ertiga, costs lesser by 90k than Ertiga.
(I am not saying eritga is bad, but for space I would not go for it)

There were reviews stating that the car looks ugly, less power etc etc. But I am happy what I got. I would recommend this car if any one needs a big car with in 8.5 lk bracket.

A true value for money CARRRRR..

Will put up few more details after I drive it a bit. Now the odo is 448 kms.

Sorry for making you all to read such a long review [:D]

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: My New Chevrolet Enjoy

LOL, Congrats on the purchase! I drove Varun's car few days after his purchase, when I went to see my car at the garage. Hope Varun doesn't mind if I share a few points I noticed in his car.

Positives:

1. SPACE, SPACE & SPAAAAAAAACE...tons of it
2. Engine refinement is good & turbo surprisingly kicks in a bit early & helps in city driving by great extent
3. Clutch is feather light (yes its a hydraulic one), Gearshift is weightless! the effort required is so less (much lesser than Beat, Zen, Sumo etc)
4. Turning radius is lesser than what I thought
5. Tyre upgrade is adding more fun to the drive
6. Wheel caps look almost like alloys at night
7. AC throw is fantastic, cooling is felt even in last row within a minute of switching on the AC.
8. A complete VFM car, that delivers more features than its competitor Ertiga at a lesser price.
9. All service points are easy to access - air filter, oil filter is behind grill instead of underside, ECU is in engine bay (but well protected from water etc)
10. Rear Wheel Drive, turbo charged Fiat engine, HPS, Coil springs, double AC, power windows - that's a lot of things to get factory fitted in this segment.
11. Car will be easy to drive even in city, although it doesn't look like that
12. If last row is folded, the luggage space is fantastic.
13. Suspension is good, did a fast TD on a variety of roads, comfortable ride guaranteed

Downside:

1. Quality of plastic on the door lock/unlock thing is not that good
2. Looks is where this car loses to Ertiga, boxy rear design can be a deal breaker for some buyers
3. Second gear with AC seems to have less power (only in this gear) - may be I am wrong
4. With all seats up, almost nill luggage space (just like ertiga)
5. Overall plastics are not bad (like say nano/sumo victa/etios etc), I just expected a bit more since so many features were available
6. Wheels could have been a bit bigger for a car this size
7. Strength of the armrest in middle seats is something to worry about on the long run.

LOL, underside photos in the first page of ownership review itself says - DIY for sure (You might not do it immediately, but definitely [lol]). You managed to stuff miles of wiring into India's smallest car, this is the right playground for you. Modified petrol car + spacious Diesel car = what a combo to have!

Last edited:

Hey varun Congrats for your Enjoy. I realy loved its space management. The photos were clear and neat.

Congratulation varun,it changed my attitude towards Enjoy,really is a vfm prodect.LS variant under 8.5k,with rear ac,awesome man.

Thread Starter #6

LOL, Congrats on the purchase! I drove Varun's car few days after his purchase, when I went to see my car at the garage. Hope Varun doesn't mind if I share a few points I noticed in his car.

LOL, underside photos in the first page of ownership review itself says - DIY for sure (You might not do it immediately, but definitely [lol]). You managed to stuff miles of wiring into India's smallest car, this is the right playground for you. Modified petrol car + spacious Diesel car = what a combo to have!
Thanks for your quick review. Yes with A/C in 2 nd gear you can feel the turbo lag.

Already started DIY's !! Tried to fit Hella red grills but could not due to space restrictions behind the grill.

Hey varun Congrats for your Enjoy. I realy loved its space management. The photos were clear and neat.
Thanks for your comments.

Congratulation varun,it changed my attitude towards Enjoy,really is a vfm prodect.LS variant under 8.5k,with rear ac,awesome man.
Thanks Patkar & Vishnu, its VFM car in its segment.

This is surely the VFM car with loads of space and space.Loved this shade on Enjoy gives the character with roof rails added and wider tyres you got.
Enjoy your ride and keep updating.

Varun, is that the fuel tank? what's the capacity of it? I guess its right below the right side seat in the middle row. Good space management underside too.

Chevrolet-Enjoy-Underbody-Fuel-Tank.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS..!
Superb color. Nowadays I am seeing more new "Enjoy" over here also. Please post some more pictures.. and ...also..DIY..[clap]

Thread Starter #10

This is surely the VFM car with loads of space and space.Loved this shade on Enjoy gives the character with roof rails added and wider tyres you got.
Enjoy your ride and keep updating.
Thanks

Varun, is that the fuel tank? what's the capacity of it? I guess its right below the right side seat in the middle row. Good space management underside too.
Yes its the fuel tank, it can hold 50 liters of diesel.

CONGRATULATIONS..!
Superb color. Nowadays I am seeing more new "Enjoy" over here also. Please post some more pictures.. and ...also..DIY..[clap]
Thank you sir.. Will post the DIY's soon..

@ Varun

Very nicely written , crisp and honest review . Loved the color you went for kind of dust proof color .

I have not driven or even sat in this car so far .

Knowing you what mods have you planned ? Iam sure some killer ideas must be already there right ? [;)]

Congrats hope you and your family enjoy million miles with your enjoy .

Congrats on the purchase. I am a silent viewer of your posts and happy for your new car. Thats a superb choice of car. Happy miles.[:)]

Hi,
Congrats for your Enjoy. Wishing you Happy Miles Ahead. As Anand Bhai said there is lots of ROOOM for DIYs. I have seen many enjoys on road but not driven yet. These pics are tempting me to drive it today. I'll surely go to a dealer today.

Very Good write up.Add some more pictures.
The base variant holds is great that its having almost everything we need.

Whether you are planning for any alloys for this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom