My New Work Horse: Honda Amaze

Thread Starter #1
My New Work Horse: Honda Amaze now playing LOUD

The new Honda Amaze came home on 16th August after a two months wait from the day of booking!
I began a survey of cars to replace my two and a half year old volkswagen polo and locked on to the Honda amaze as it suited all my requirements. I already have a honda city which is used by my father . My previous car Polo was mainly used by myself for my business related travel . It had clocked more than 75000 km in two and a half year. I must mention that it was a tough car and had never given me any sort of trouble. The only reason of selling it was that I was offered a very good resale value and I was also in a mood of changing my car.My average monthy driving is about 3000 km half of which is highway driving.

My requirements in a car are very basic . All I needed is reliability, efficiency, comfort, and decent equipments and it has to be diesel

The contenders :

Hyundai i20 crdi :
Pros: Feature loaded to brim , decent quality of interiors, silent engine
Cons: Pricey, Six speed transmission had made the performance dull, back seat comfort not to my liking

Swift Dzire Vdi :
Pros: nice interior styling , performance ,
Cons: styling not to my taste , rear seat comfort was below average , no ABS

Nissan Sunny XL dci :
Pros: Interior space and comfort , responsive engine, all safety features in base model
Cons: even with discounts it was pricey for me, and have seen numerous sunny with dark smoke coming out of tail pipe during downshift acceleration

Chevrolet Sail TCDI :
Pros : liked the design, interior space, Value for money car
Cons : Interiors quality is very poor, and poor re-sale value

Honda Amaze S idtec :
Pros : Back seat comfort, decent build quality, compact yet spacious, honda After sale service, performance
Cons : engine is a bit noisy, some essential goodies missing

Of all the cars Honda amaze suited my requirements best, so after taking two test drives at heritage honda bareilly I decided to book the car. It was 14th june 2013 I called up Mr Vishal agarwal from heritage honda to come up to my office and collect the booking cheque. I paid Rs 50000 and booked the S idtec variant in urban titanium color and the delivery was promised within two months.

16th August Day of Delivery
The car had arrived at the dealership on 15th as it is independence day holiday I decided to take the delivery on 16th. I reached the dealership at afternoon saw the car checked it thoroughly and called my accountant to rtgs the balance amount. The car was perfectly clean and decorated with ballons and ribbons. In accessories I bought floor mats and exhaust pipe chrome finisher. All the formalities and paper work were done. I opted for zero dep insurance. Extended warranty and road side assistance was mandatory. I must mention that Mr vishal was very courteous and friendly and handled everything very sincerly
Base Price 697550
Insurance 24974
Temp registration 2000
Extended Warranty ans RSA 11750
Logistics charges 6000
Accessories 2300 (after discount)
Total 744754 (excluding permanent registration)
Registration amount will be 8% of the invoice value around Rs 56000

Initial impression
Engine : This 'idtec earth dreams' engine is very responsive . After had driven polo for around 2.5 years I had got used to the turbo lag, but it is almost non-existent in this engine . Its very smooth and refined at idle but as the speed builds up it gets noisier . I feel its more noisier then what my polo used to be.
I have not revved it more than 2000 RPM as it is still in run in period . It pulls easily from 20 kmph in second gear without knocking

Suspension : The suspension is a bit on the firmer side. For most of the speeds ride is comfortable.

Interiors : Seats are comfortable specially the rear ones . They are perfectly angled and offer proper cushioning. I like the dashboard design it may not be as stylish as dzire but its ok for me. Its conveniently laid out and all buttons are within reach.

Few thing that I think Honda should provided in 'S' varient
Illuminated stereo mounted buttons. Its difficult to recognize buttons in dark
Double horn . Single horn is pathetic sounding and is of no use in India I wonder how much it would have cost honda to provide double horn.
Rear defogger. In humid weather like now days it is very much required

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: My new work horse : Honda amaze

Hi jdtec

Congratulations on your new car. Wish you many more happy and trouble free miles with your Amaze [:)]

jdtec,

Your New Amaze looks really cute in this shade[:)]

Congrats for your Amaze [clap]and I'm sure you will have amazing experience from her [:)]

Thread Starter #6
Got the tires changed to Yokohama A.drive 185/65/R14
Stock tire were MRF zvtv 175/65/R14
Here Are the Pics
IMAG0477.jpg
IMAG0476.jpg

Congratulations for the new purchase.
The car looks stunning in the gray colour.
I would like to know about the accessories you have opted in your car .
How is the ICE & A/C perfomance ?

Thread Starter #9
Congratulations for the new purchase.
The car looks stunning in the gray colour.
I would like to know about the accessories you have opted in your car .
How is the ICE & A/C perfomance ?
Thanks aromal
In accessories I bought chrome exhaust pipe finisher and black floor matting both costed me Rs.2300

ICE is below average. Bass and mids are very weak or may be this is just with me because I was used to SQ setup of Rainbow audio in my previous car. Head unit user interface is very easy to use while driving.
A/C works well. Cools the car in no time. will write more about it later as I have traveled only 300 km by far

Thread Starter #11
do you feel any jerk when the engine is at idle(like when stopped in signal)
there is a prominent shudder when the ignition is turned off, but other then that there is no jerk. In fact the engine is quite smooth at idle revvs. Honda claims that in this engine, friction at idle revvs is similar to its petrol engine.

jdtech, congratulations on your new amaze, UT shade looks superb in all honda vehicles.
From polo to amaze hows the experience, a little comparision if you can do share.
Enjoy your ride and more pictures.

Thread Starter #14
jdtech, congratulations on your new amaze, UT shade looks superb in all honda vehicles.
From polo to amaze hows the experience, a little comparision if you can do share.
Enjoy your ride and more pictures.
thanks vijay
I liked my polo a lot . It is definitely a very good car. I used to love driving it on highways, always sure footed and composed. I always had praises for my polo.
There were two things that i did not like about polo . One its rear seat comfort and the other its engine poor performance in city traffic (turbo lag). Otherwise it was gem of a car. Very reliable and promising.
Amaze, what I feel is opposite to Polo in terms of driveability. Its diesel engine is very responsive. almost petrol engine like. comfort level is equivalent to cars of one segment above. Altogether I happy with my decision of buying Amaze.

Top Bottom