So, friends after long time I am updating this thread. My cute devil has crossed 15k km in the last 9 months. Let me share my experience with my cute devil during this period.
First the bad bits
1. The interior plastic quality and fit and finish cannot match with Hyundai, VW. Some parts are below average. I can hear occasional faint rattles from driver door and centre console.
2. Rattle from rear hatch door. It gives kat-kat sound. But the problem is, sometime it will appear and after sometime there won’t be any rattle from the hatch. I guess the gas/hydraulic strut of the rear hatch door is the culprit.
3. Tyre noise has increased a bit. BTW
my Ecosport has Goodyear tyres.
4. The OEM
rear wheel cover fitting is not good. Nowadays while closing the rear door the wheel cover gives a “Thap” sound.
5. Occasional noise from front driver side suspension.
Now Good things
1. Smooth and efficient 1.5 ltr TDCi engine. But it is not smoother than the fiat multijet. Good for highway cruising. I am constantly getting 19-20 kmpl average.
2. Very very minimal turbo lag. The car can be driven in city with ease. No need of frequent gear change.
3. Steering wheel feedback is good. At parking speed the steering wheel is super light. One finger is sufficient to steer the car. With speed it weighs up nicely. So far I have not faced any vibration/wobbliness on the steering wheel. I have touched maximum speed of 150kmph. At that speed the steering wheel was rock solid.
4. High speed ride quality is superb.
5. Solid exterior build quality.
6. Handling is really great considering the high GC.
7. Reasonable maintenance cost. So far I have spent only 2k for servicing. That’s all.
8. Fantastic AC. My friends who drive I20, Dezire, Zen, I10 agree that this is one of best ACs in this segment.