The Torque Queen: My iGen i20 CRDI Asta. 50K Kms in 2 Years

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends i am ALF Vatsal From Ahmadabad this is my first Thread and first post on this forum i am proud to be a part of it.

The Car which i drive is iGen i20 Asta CRDi its my first car and now have clocked enough of kms to start a ownership thread so would be keeping it simple and short From Buying Experience To the positives and negatives with services done and cost and some pictures.

The Buying Experience was good the people at concept Hyundai SG highway Ahmedabad were Calm Fast and quite knowledgeable. Took TD 4 times with four different persons (Friends/ Parents/relatives all gave me +) had considered swift but the new i20 with engine features looks and good build with great space ruled out swift completely Petrol was not an option for me as Though my daily driving is even less then 20 kms but its the trips which i would make so went for diesel.

The Next step was booking total cost was 8.87 On Road Ahmadabad with no Discounts Freebies anything but at last convinced them for Floor mats, Rain visor Scuff Plates and Mud Guards. Booked it on 30th May 2012 and Got Delivery on auspicious day of Rath Yatra June 20 2012 did PD on the same day would rate buying experience smooth. Got My Hands on it and Boy i started loving the Uber coolness of the i20. Sharing my Ownership Report and would like to keep Things Short & Simple [:)].

It has been 1 Year and 2 Months with this Beast and have driven it on many different tarmacs and she has never let me down touch wood. It has Already completed 28k kms and crunching more.
Keeping it simple i would like to share + Positives - Negatives and service done in simple way

+ Points:-

Engine Refinement
Power and Torque 90Hp/224NM
Gadgets and Features
Built Quality and Feel of Interior
General Built Quality too no squeaks or rattles even after 28k kms
Space and Seating in Front and Back Seats along with good Boot Space

A.S.S
Back Seat is Too Upright
Soft suspension

4 Services done so far

1st
Type of Service:- 1st Free
ODO:- 1400
Cost:- 0.00

2nd
Type of service:- 2nd Free
ODO:- 8780
Cost:- 5.3k

3rd
Type of Service:- 3rd Free
ODO:- 18088
Cost 4.1k

4th
Type of Service:- 1st paid
ODO:- 27800
Cost:- 9.4k (Coolant, Gear Oil along with normal Service changed)

Have Done Many Trips with my Babe Including Diu, Mumbai,Pune, Lonavala,Udaipur,Mt Abu,Porbandar,Junagadh,Sardar Sarovar and many other Joy Rides and About FE:

Max Got 25kmpl with 10hrs of constant driving with A/C Off most of time
in general i get a healthy 22-23 on Highways and about 17 in City with A/C ON all the time i use full tank to Reserve tank method.

I would just say this car is a highway star because of powerful engine and 6 speed gearbox highway drives can't be more pleasurable then this.

Some pictures of Her

Sardar Sarovar Trip

DSC00427.jpg

She is Hot ain't she..?

906210_549688381738652_1537000402_o.jpg

The Inside View

20120621_170622.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Re: The Torque Queen My iGen i20 CRDI Asta 1.2 year 28k kms

Note: Thread Now Live From T.I.P Zone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: The Torque Queen: My iGen i20 CRDI Asta. 28K Kms in 1.2 Year

Nice car man. 28K kms in 14 months, thats great. BTW, is it 6 speed manual or 5 speed?

Hi,
You have done a good mileage in the Car. Post some more pictures of interiors.

28k in 1.2 years that is lot of driving. :)

How is the AC in i20 as I heard earlier i20s had insufficient cooling?

Thread Starter #7

Nice car man. 28K kms in 14 months, thats great. BTW, is it 6 speed manual or 5 speed?
Thx Sir its 6 Speed Manual

Hi,
You have done a good mileage in the Car. Post some more pictures of interiors.
Thx Sir Will Do it Shortly

28k in 1.2 years that is lot of driving. :)

How is the AC in i20 as I heard earlier i20s had insufficient cooling?
A/C is Sufficient for me though in Hot Ahmedabad Summers A/C takes time in cooling the entire cabin + blower is quite noisy but got used too it

hi.
nice pics bro.upload some more of interior.
Ye sir will post it shortly [:)]

Simple yet thoughtful review. Thank You very much. [clap]

i20 diesel is one hell of good car. I'm going to get it very soon. :)

Wow those splash pics are to die for. Too good. Your car is returning superb mileage. Guess we need to get some driving tips from you to extract more mileage from our cars too.[;)]

I have a question,how come you paid almost 10 grands in total in your 2nd and 3rd service when you had written it was supposed to be free.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Wow those splash pics are to die for. Too good. Your car is returning superb mileage. Guess we need to get some driving tips from you to extract more mileage from our cars too.[;)]

I have a question,how come you paid almost 10 grands in total in your 2nd and 3rd service when you had written it was supposed to be free.
Free service means they won't charge labour for anything nor any maintenance charges.

All consumables are billed - diesel filter, oil etc etc

Free service means they won't charge labour for anything nor any maintenance charges.

All consumables are billed - diesel filter, oil etc etc
Wow so its basically a gimmick to call them free services. In fact looking at the service cost provided by ALF27 for his i20 diesel at 27k kms and 1.2 years and already have paid almost 19k on services, it seems my Polo's service might undercut if not more when I get it serviced at 2 years/30,000kms for the second service. I paid 8.8k for my first service at 1 year/15,000kms and the bill would be similar for the second one too or maybe in the region of 10k max. Its just a notion that VW's are hard on pocket, I am not saying that they are not, they surely are but others are not behind either. In fact my other two cars Fiesta Classic and Verna's service bills are higher in comparison to the Polo's annually. And from here it seems even i20's services are equally costly. Gone are those days when maintaining a Hyundai or a Maruti Suzuki was cheap. They've also very much joined the league.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Wow so its basically a gimmick to call them free services. In fact looking at the service cost provided by ALF27 for his i20 diesel at 27k kms and 1.2 years and already have paid almost 19k on services, it seems my Polo's service might undercut if not more when I get it serviced at 2 years/30,000kms for the second service. I paid 8.8k for my first service at 1 year/15,000kms and the bill would be similar for the second one too or maybe in the region of 10k max. Its just a notion that VW's are hard on pocket, I am not saying that they are not, they surely are but others are not behind either. In fact my other two cars Fiesta Classic and Verna's service bills are higher in comparison to the Polo's annually. And from here it seems even i20's services are equally costly. Gone are those days when maintaining a Hyundai or a Maruti Suzuki was cheap. They've also very much joined the league.
Diesel's service is costly. That's why I cancelled i20 diesel and bought petrol verna because running was low (10000kms in 1.5yrs) verna's second service costed me just 1055 rupees[:D]

There was a thread in which service cost of each and every car was compared. Petrol jazz service was more than a diesel polo. But many members said parts are costly but thet last long.

Don't know why people still think maruti's sc is low. Frnd's cng wagonR 2nd service.costed him 5k rs[lol] they use synthetic oil.

And hyundai charges around 1500 rs as labour for changing engine oil, checking each and everything in the car, changing spark plugs but services like throttle cleaning, injectors cleaning are charged separately.

at ALF27 does your service center wash the engine bay? my advisor told me that hyundai won't wash unless you give them an application saying, if anything goes wrong while washing hyundai won't be liable. He was talking about some sensor going kaput.

Last edited:

hello vatsal and welcome to TAI.Good to see another ahmedabad member in here.
Congratulations on your uber cool.Superb set of splash pictures man.It surely is one hell of a drive.Hows your take on steering feedback which is way over vague and doesnt weight up as the most people complains of no steering feedback?
Its a nice FE that you get on your ride.
I know the owner of Neighbourhood Motors, authorised hyundai service centre and a very good friend, auto enthusiastic and nice gentleman, ever if you need to visit them.

Thread Starter #15

Yes Hyundai's now a days are costlier to maintain. The gear oil they use is imported from Korea which costs close to 3.7k and the fuel filter costs 2k i guess these are the things making a service costly. but the good thing is 30k is interval for changing gearoil and coolant unlike maruti's 20k

Diesel's service is costly. That's why I cancelled i20 diesel and bought petrol verna because running was low (10000kms in 1.5yrs) verna's second service costed me just 1055 rupees[:D]

There was a thread in which service cost of each and every car was compared. Petrol jazz service was more than a diesel polo. But many members said parts are costly but thet last long.

Don't know why people still think maruti's sc is low. Frnd's cng wagonR 2nd service.costed him 5k rs[lol] they use synthetic oil.

And hyundai charges around 1500 rs as labour for changing engine oil, checking each and everything in the car, changing spark plugs but services like throttle cleaning, injectors cleaning are charged separately.

at ALF27 does your service center wash the engine bay? my advisor told me that hyundai won't wash unless you give them an application saying, if anything goes wrong while washing hyundai won't be liable. He was talking about some sensor going kaput.
Hey Verna Petrol is a superb car [clap] & Yes they wash it but till date haven't faced any issues after it and yes have told them once not to do it because of electrical parts but manager told its totally normal and they are doing it since long time so i guess if anything happens they are responsible.

hello vatsal and welcome to TAI.Good to see another ahmedabad member in here.
Congratulations on your uber cool.Superb set of splash pictures man.It surely is one hell of a drive.Hows your take on steering feedback which is way over vague and doesnt weight up as the most people complains of no steering feedback?
Its a nice FE that you get on your ride.
I know the owner of Neighborhood Motors, authorized hyundai service center and a very good friend, auto enthusiastic and nice gentleman, ever if you need to visit them.
Hello Vijay thanks sir Nice to meet you i live near jodhpur cross road and yes have visited neighborhood motors sg hway but currently have been going to concept Hyundai & yes would surely seek your assistance regarding Neighborhood Motors. About steering feedback its not great at high speeds but i am now used to it so not much an issue but yes its very light and sensitive but one can get used to it.

Top Bottom