New White Ritz VDi ABS - My Pegasus

Thread Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Backgroud: Since past 2 years i had this thing to buy a brand new spanky car, though was more of a biker and still feel nothing beats the adrenaline levels that one gets on cornering a bike. But after getting married and inevitable social life needed a car more as a requirement than a luxury.

I am a guy who believes in simple equation Spend 50% of what you earn and save 50% whatsoever and this equation really always keeps me happy. But on the flip side in early days made me compromise on spendings per se on choosing a new car.

Due to my budget constraints i couldn't afford anything but Good old Alto and Alto K10 (Could stretch a little for A-Star). Back then in 2011 didn't really wanted to get into Loan/EMI's and saved enough cash. And went to Autofin (Bowenpally, Medchal Highway) and gave more than a couple of looks for all the 3 cars and finally settled for the Alto K10 sun light copper. Paid a booking amount and left. But unfortunately, due to financial crisis in the family had to cancel the booking in the short period and had to put the money for a better use.

What else, my dream for a new car was short lived but never really felt bad about it. May be because i never really was interested back then and Biker in me really never let me get to the other side of the world.

Fast Forward : Happily Married for over 2.5 year now [surprise] and been blessed with a wonderful little devil. Oh Boy and the CAR thing again started to sting. Did lot of research and asked for advises and finally settled down on Indica Vista VX. Due to a job change had to put the idea aside. A few months later a friend of mine bought a Pre - Owned Skoda Octavia Elegance. I Know my head is kinda Unstable or what? When i got in it, Wow why not a pre-owned car?

Started all kind of Research on Pre-owned cars. To be specific on Octavia and read about the Tank Like Build qulity and those interiors spoilt me (He bought it for 3 Lakhs-single owner). But also heard about the reliability issues with spares and their over the head expensive prices. Still decided to live with it and started searching for Pre-Owned Octavia just about anywhere. Hyderabad is filled with them. Finally shortlisted couple of them in good condition and as alternatives shortlisted 2 Punto Emotion & Emotion packs as well. Armed with cash was about to leave the house and then the whole drama started with my parents and better half. After a long brain wash, that's it dropped my decision.

** I know this has been a long story and too much of state of confusion in mind. But that's just me.

And the next day, My wife sat back with me and she started convincing me to go for a new car if i am spending 3-3.5 lakhs on a decade old car. She gave me a proper understanding of benefits of owning a new car, peace of mind that it accompanies and finally the Budget (She's from Accounting Background). Once in a lifetime had to agree with her.

The calculations were perfectly matching with my PRIME equations to happiness. If i had to opt for a Loan apart from Downpayment. The EMI's and my monthly inevitable expenses were together within 50% mark. So i gave it a go. Everyone were happy with the decision.

My Wife's Brother entered the scene started suggesting all Mid-Sized cars from Skoda Rapid, Fiat Linea to Ford Ecosport. But i didn't wanted to spend big on my first car and wanted to settle for a small - practical hatch. TIP : Never reveal to anyone how much you earn/save, this makes them influence you to go for unwanted luxuries.

Choosing/Shortlisting the Car Now :

1. Needed a Practical Hatch.

2. ABS is a must. Can live without Air Bags.

3. Should be easy on the pockets in the longer runs as i am not going to sell it.

4. Proven Engine and has to be Diesel. Economy on the Radar.

5. Easy drivability, my wife will be using it too.

6. After Sales Service is the name of the game.

Most of my requirements pulled me towards Maruti. You can say a typical Indian, well may be i am in a way.

Again, been to Autofin. This time decided to be in my limits and to gain control over my head checked nothing else but SWIFT and RITZ. I did not like the seating position in the swift and it supposedly was not a liker for my wife for the same reason. Then tried RITZ , the airy cabin and SUV like seating position made our decision easier. The pricing difference was not justified between Swift and Ritz to me.

Now, we compared the ZDi and VDi variants. Although ZDi was a wise choice. We did not like the types of Music player, speakers, Alloys and so on that were offered in ZDi variant. But we wanted ABS at any cost. So we finalized on RITZ VDI ABS, So that we can customize the rest to our taste later. Mom gave an option to either Choose Red/White. [evil] I wanted to mess around in the near future with the looks and felt white will be the best in Ritz for such mayhem. White it is.

Booking/Payment/Delivery:

Paid Booking amount of 5,000 INR and booked Ritz VDI ABS. Insisted the sales person that i needed just the most recent manufactured vehicle possible. Got a call next day with the information & VIN of a white VDI ABS model. They received the stock on same day. Got the VIN # checked and verified it to be JULY 2013 Manufactured. Went to the stockyard and re-verified the VIN# on the car and was genuine.

Armed with the PDI Checklist, saw the vehicle in raw again the ODO meter was at 9.0 KMS and continued with the inspection. Was totally immaculate. Gave the sales person a go and finally agreed on the vehicle. Got the loan approved from Axis Bank, have a salary account with them and got it approved quickly.

Below are the OTR price Break up:

Ex-Showroom : 611,385
Life-Tax : 73,370
Insurance : 18,799
Perm Reg : 2,750
Facility chrgs : 3,950
Autocard chrg: 337
Temp Reg : 250
--------------------------------
OTR : 710,841
4th Yr Warranty: 8,230
Altogether : 719,071
Discount : 25,000 (Cash Discount)
TOTAL : 694,071

No Corporate discount from Autofin. This was strange as i work for a Public listed company in India and NASDAQ listed in USA. But Maruti has their own database that showed my company name but no discount in their discount column. Didn't bother much.

Accessories offered by Autofin: Matting, Mud Flaps, Car Perfume, Ganesha Idol, Car Cover, Tissue Box. (tried for Under body rust coat with no luck).

TIP : get hold of sales guy's at the month ending. They have targets and this is when they really are desperate to get the process done swiftly.

Paid Down payment of 3.0 Lakhs and got the rest 4.0 Lakhs from Axis Bank @ 10.50% (Fixed) interest rate. Monthly EMI about 8523 INR. 0% Pre-closure charges after 18 Months and 2 Part Payments allowed every year. 5 Years Loan tenure. 1 Advance EMI.

I feel have had a good Deal in terms of loan with Axis Bank.

Over all Dealer experience was very good. No Delays, No Drama. Pleasant and polite staff. Delivery was within 4 days from booking. RAKESH from Autofin was very helpful from start till the delivery - a very good chap. Gave him a Parker Vector Metalix as a small gift and couple of hundreds for cleaning guys and they took a snap of the cap with me and my better half and gave it to us framed. Said thanks to everyone and left the dealer showroom with all the papers in hand.

ICE : Within an hour delivery. Reached Minister road. Road beside Bowl-O-China begumpet opposite to Ford. Been to Car Fashions (Known to my cousin) an Ex-Serviceman run shop. This guy is very polite contrary to most of these shop owners. Got a quick quote for Front Component, Rear Co-Axial speakers and Head Unit and bargained hard and got the best out of him along with Door Guards (i-PoP), USB Phone car charger, Bumper front and back beadings, Car perfume, Central/Remote Lock.

Total Damages ~ 23,000.

Front Components : JBL CS-6C (wanted GTO 609C, But weren't available)
Rear Co-Axials: Infinity Harmans 9603is (Wanted JBL GTO 949's but felt Infinity as better)
Head Unit : Pioneer 759BT (was fixed onto this Due to Bluetooth capabilities and iPhone Compatibility. Never fancied touch screens so this was the best for me).
Remote Locking : Crosslink wheels.

And Oh Boy! the Quality of the Music was awesome. I am more than satisfied at the ICE Setup i choose. Did my research before choosing this setup and it didn't go to waste. Will added Amp when i feel i need more out of it.

What's left for now: Alloy Wheels, Parking Sensors, Leather seats with steering cover.

I have Bridgestone's so for now not going change its shoes.

Been too late to take some snaps and was really tired. But will get those today and post the same.

Tried to be as detailed as possible, Mods & Members please excuse my mistakes if there are any as this is the first time i am posting a ownership review and all your advices as whole heartedly welcome.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your Ritz [clap]. Very nicely written review.

It's a very nice hatch and i fell a VFM vehicle as well.

But an ownership review without pics does not serve the purpose here buddy[;)]. So post some pics asap.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

Was lil busy this weekend. Been to the temple with my Pegasus, it needed some blessing for a smooth and safe journey.

Managed to get few snaps with my iPhone. A detailed Photoshoot has to wait.

Attachments

congratz on the new car.
And welcome to the ever growing ritz owners club on this forum.
Couple of suggestions: get those orvm/door handles/side beading painted asap
Will cost less than 2k and will make a huge improvement to the looks.
Also those front bumper guards dont look good at all.

Hi levronstyle212, that was a good ownership review where you have mentioned everything in detail and this is how the review should be written, please do share more photos and the ICE setup which you mentioned,setup sounds good.

Also, the corner of the beadings in the bumper guards should be tilted upwards, with the body line, else it will come off in no time.

Please keep updating this thread often along with more updates. [:)]

Hi levronstyle212,

Good review. Ritz is one of the best VFM hatchback out there.

Why don't you paint the mirrors and door handle in white. In my opinion they look terribly out of place.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #8
congratz on the new car.
And welcome to the ever growing ritz owners club on this forum.
Couple of suggestions: get those orvm/door handles/side beading painted asap
Will cost less than 2k and will make a huge improvement to the looks.
Also those front bumper guards dont look good at all.
Yeap, I wanted them to paint the door handles & ORVM painted in white on day 1. But the delear stated that they will do that on the 1st service and quoted 4,200 and came down to 3,600 as final price.

Thread Starter #9
Hi levronstyle212,

Good review. Ritz is one of the best VFM hatchback out there.

Why don't you paint the mirrors and door handle in white. In my opinion they look terribly out of place.

Regards,
Sankar
Thanks, SankarNarayanan. Yes i will have to get that done. Tried doing that before getting the vehicle out of delearship but with no luck. They were keen on painting them at 1st service.

Thread Starter #10
Hi levronstyle212, that was a good ownership review where you have mentioned everything in detail and this is how the review should be written, please do share more photos and the ICE setup which you mentioned,setup sounds good.

Also, the corner of the beadings in the bumper guards should be tilted upwards, with the body line, else it will come off in no time.

Please keep updating this thread often along with more updates. [:)]
Hi Vishwas,

Thanks.

Yes, i am planning on a detailed photoshoot this weekend will include every bit of angles possible and interiors too. Yes those bumper beedings some amateur in the accessories shop did em' out of excitement i did not get a chance to look at them. They are already falling apart. Will either get it fixed or get rid of them.

They first quoted 4.2K and after Neg they settled down at 3.6K. I still feel they are quoting high.
Man they are rogging you. I painted by car's front/rear bumper, both mirrors, all 4 door pads and rear spoiler from outside and it cost me 4k for the job. Dealer initially quoted 9k and when i bargained he said he will do it in 8k. Also said he is doing the job for 8k at a loss to him and he is only doing it because he wants to retain me as a customer. Thank god I didn't fell into his trap and inquired outside. The place i did the paint job is a very reputed shop and they did the job exceptionally. Many congratulated me for the excellent paint finish and even got appreciation from dealership.

My advise just inquire because he is terribly over charging you. Max cost that should come for this job should be 1.5k.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Man they are rogging you. I painted by car's front/rear bumper, both mirrors, all 4 door pads and rear spoiler from outside and it cost me 4k for the job. Dealer initially quoted 9k and when i bargained he said he will do it in 8k. Also said he is doing the job for 8k at a loss to him and he is only doing it because he wants to retain me as a customer. Thank god I didn't fell into his trap and inquired outside. The place i did the paint job is a very reputed shop and they did the job exceptionally. Many congratulated me for the excellent paint finish and even got appreciation from dealership.

My advise just inquire because he is terribly over charging you. Max cost that should come for this job should be 1.5k.

Regards,
Sankar

Totally Agree with you. Dealers are known to rob the customers be it Maruthi or any brand. This is where they make Huge margins.

Anyways, i m thinking to get it done outside. But first need to find out if there are any tried and tested places in HYD.

May be some of our brothers on TAI could help me out on the same.

Top Bottom