My Love: Maruti Alto LX 2007 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
hi all my TAI Family members. Finally i got some time to share my ownership review
which is about my darling Maruti Suzuki Alto Lx 2007.

I am from Punjab ,belongs to small middle class family.I love to drive. from last couple of months me and my family members were planning to purchase a car. my budget was only up to 2 lak . So decided to go with a pre owened car. I started search for cars on internet for people reviews. Then my search ends up with the choice of two brands Maruti and TATA. I was looking for the car with good mileage, less maintenance cost and build quality. So I decided to get Maruti Alto. My search ended in may 2013. I got my white color Alto lx with 32000 km on odo.I am very happy.I have got Pioneer cd system and speakers pre installed, sounds really good.

I drive the car 1500 kms and feel proud to be owner of Alto. I did not face any probem, Car is running very smoothly. This is my first car and I am enjoying very much. I have changed the seat covers with new fabric seat covers cost 1800, steering wheel cover cost 150, door wisers cost 450 , antenna cost 150, foot mat cost 1100.

Let’s talk about my experience driving this car. I have purchased this car from Ludhiana,
About 100 kms away from my home. Me and my close friend went to bring the car, He checked the car because he has a good knowledge about cars. Finally we paid the money and took the papers after a long bargaining. I had no experience driving on highways at that time. My friend had to drive, but I shocked to know that I will have to drive the car because my friend was going because his senior officer called him back urgently. He is serving in Punjab Armed Police. After a long conversation I decided to drive the car to home. I took a long breath and start my journey alone.i did not know any thing about car accept gear shifting and steering. Messed up with head lights beam all the way to my home. I was not able to find out how to change the beam to high. I drove the car all the way at 50-60 kmph. Thank God I reached home in one piece. Then after 2-3 more trips
I became a professional driver. I have driven approx 1500 kms till now.

Talking about the performance , I experienced very smooth driving . car is noise free, handling is very good , no vibration nothing at all even on high speed, interior is good seats are comfortable, AC is very very effective. Music system is best . It has PIONEER
Music system and speakers which has great sound quality. I have a KENWOOD head unit also which I got from another car, I’ll test it soon.

I feel the car is pulling a little bit to left side, thought the reason is the slope of the road.
Really want to check the alignment later. Did not have any other issue yet.

overall very good car ,with very good FE, good looking, comfrtable and smooth. i love my alto vry much, it looks so cute.

I don’t have much knowledge about cars, hope TAI members will help me to learn more.
I have some doubts and questions in my mind, I’ll ask later.

So this is my short story about my ownership, hope you will like it.

Big thanks to give me a chance to become a part of great TAI family

[:D]

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

congrats

Congratulations on getting a new car. Good that you are enjoying driving it around. What fuel efficiency are you getting.

Have a Nice time here and keep us posted about your drives.

Thread Starter #3
Re: congrats

Congratulations on getting a new car. Good that you are enjoying driving it around. What fuel efficiency are you getting.

Have a Nice time here and keep us posted about your drives.
Thanks for the wishes bro.
I have checked the FE 2-3 times. It is 14-15 kmpl city driving with 100% AC and 17-18 kmpl on highway with 100% AC. Without AC it gives 17-18 kmpl in city and 20-21 kmpl on highway

Thread Starter #5
Hi friends.
Yesterday i took my kenwood HU to the mechanic and asled him to put a USB port in it, i want to play songs through a pen drive. He did exactly what i said to him. Cost was 450 rs.

Today i decided to put it inside my car. DIY instead of a mechanic. Today morning i started the work. Unscrew my Pioneer HU and got out it and connect the wires. After Half an hour all done easily.
Now i have two HUs in my car. For cds and radio playback i will use pioneer and for mp3 songs through pen drive i will use kenwood. I am very happy.
Here are some pictures

Attachments

Lakhvir Praji, that's the way a Punjabi's ownership review of his car should be: tashan, tashan, and more tashan[;)] - I mean, what with more photographs of the audio system and the type-R logo on the steering wheel cover than those of the car itself! Way to Go!

Keep us posted, and get your wheels balanced and aligned. All the best[thumbsup].

Thread Starter #7
Lakhvir Praji, that's the way a Punjabi's ownership review of his car should be: tashan, tashan, and more tashan[;)] - I mean, what with more photographs of the audio system and the type-R logo on the steering wheel cover than those of the car itself! Way to Go!

Keep us posted, and get your wheels balanced and aligned. All the best[thumbsup].
Haha. Sam bro i think my car looks similar to all other altos from outside. The different is what is inside the cabin. [glasses]

Thread Starter #8
Hi guys .
Yesterday took my car to mechanic for wheel alignment.
alignment has been done, tyre rotation done.
cost was Rs. 150 . purchase new mirrors both left and right for Rs. 700
roof light bulb has replaced with LED .
Some pics.

Sorry cant see any pics.[:)] also bro can you tell me how you connected that reader to HU?

Last edited:
Hi,
just 2 month back, i have also buy used Maruti Alto LXI Oct 2007 make model,
Car completed only 15K km from 2007, and in very good condition.
Just learning to drive.
[:D] And now join forum.

Thread Starter #14
vishnu vichu

Congrats on your new Alto :) Even i too have an alto
thanks bro
Nishant1

Hi,
just 2 month back, i have also buy used Maruti Alto LXI Oct 2007 make model,
Car completed only 15K km from 2007, and in very good condition.
Just learning to drive.
And now join forum.
congratulations bro and welcome to TAI [clap]

Aneesh

Sorry cant see any pics. also bro can you tell me how you connected that reader to HU?
Varun560061

BTW how have you connected the speakers to the HU which has usb ?

Or are you using Aux function..
guys i googled so many times on the topic that how can we able to attach a USB port to exsisting HU which came without USB port. i found nothing reply was it is not possible.
one day i went to a good cd mechenic . he told me it is possible. i had a HU (old type cassette player). i took it to that guy and next day he returned it with USB port installed. cost was Rs. 450. volume can be controlled through HU volume buttons also, everything else with remote control.

i have attached this HU same as the default one. both HUs are working nicely.

but remember in my case HU in which USB installed does not play radio, because USB function installed in the place of radio. Now when i tune the Radio mode it starts the USB . radio function disabled. As my another HU plays radio , i don't mind. [lol]

Top Bottom