Originally Posted by sajju
Thanks ss80. I wash myself
. Not just the doors, the entire body is thin. But Etios is a safer car according to the NCAP crash test and rated 4 stars. I think very less cars run in India have passed the crash test. The central console is ok and we have other cars as well in India with center instrument console.. We drive left side steering in US!
Even i have traveled in Etios cab with 2.7 lakhs kms in Bangalore. One of my friend was telling there is a Etios car in Kochi which crossed 3.5 lakhs kms!
Congratulation man for completing 5 years of ownership and thanks a lot by being so very helpful is sharing your reviews year on year.
I have just purchased the new Etios liva limited edition petrol on 3rd July after a lot of research. Was fully convinced that this is the car which completely suits my small family of 4 and a half and myself. Half , because my daughter is just 2 years old
The only problem I am facing or I can say is making me a bit worried is the mileage. It has a 1209cc engine and it's not giving more then 12km/L even though I have been driving very cautiously.
Initially it was giving 8 to 9km/L. But, I made certain changes in my driving style as well as janhit, but the maximum I am getting is a bit less then 12km/L.
I have completed 1600km till date, in close to 1 months time.
The changes I made in my driving style is listed below.
1) I don't keep my AC on if the signal is red for more then 40 seconds.
2) Upshift the gear @ 2000rpm
3) Always , atleast 90% of the time park my car in shade.
4) No extra luggage. Anyways 90% of the time I drive with a maximum of 1 or 2 occupant, other then me.
5) Get air pressure checked every week. 32psi front and 29psi back tyre.
6) I don't drive with my foot on clutch.
7) I drive very sedately, never accelerate suddenly or brake suddenly atleast 90% of the time.
8) Already got my 1st servicing done after completing 1000km, which by the way I completed within 15 days of my purchase.
9) I try not to drive all the time with AC on. Have not driven my car on highway yet. The mileage I am getting is 100% city driving with u can say 50% of the time bumper to bumper traffic.
Any suggestion towards improving the mileage would be appreciated. And if u guys feel that the mileage I am getting is ok then also kindly let me know.