Ford Endeavour 4x2

Thread Starter #1
Exteriors - I just love the looks of this old model.Diamond White color and the hugeness of the car is quite a head turner.I somehow don't like the new ones,i find them ugly. 4 stars

Interiors - The interiors are not that appealing.No climate control,no great speedometers no nothing. The interiors look dull even after polishing. 2 stars

Engine - The engine of the current model i own is called underpowered compared to other suv's but i never felt so maybe because i haven't driven many.Turn on the engine n the car shakes wildly for a sec or so and then its silent,silent than most of the Tata cars.Put her in first gear leaving the clutch slowly accelerating the same time and you are pushed back on the seat.You hear the engine and the turbo growl.The most interesting part was the clutching and de-clutching.I felt it was like an art on this vehicle.The slightest hurry to clutch or de-clutch results in jerks.Even leaving the accelerator suddenly would give the car a jerk.Average was 10,11km/l in the city & 14,15km/l on the highways. 3 stars

Handling - Its is surely a great handler.I was a bit tensed driving it first time on how it would handle in traffic and small roads but it actually was fun,more smooth than what i had thought.My uncle says he has taken the car above 140km/h and it still feels so much in control(i never get a chance to rip it).
The ride is a little bumpy when not loaded so the rear shocks were changed to some carbon thing and there was a improvement.The sitting position is low but comfortable,my knees almost match my chest's height while sitting on the middle row seats. 3 stars

Maintenance cost/Problem faced - The maintenance cost of the car is around 3000rs including the labors and all.
The main problem faced till date was the alternator failing.It costs around 18000rs but was covered under warranty.Another problem is the air bag light flashing on the dash,they say its some sensor malfunction but haven't yet solved it.Overall the service is very good.Call them up reporting a break down and their mechanic comes down to you in a ikon with all the tools.Call them up for servicing your car and a drive comes to pick your car & leaves it back perfectly with some little additional charges. 4 stars

Snaps -

Right view

Left view

Car back stuck out and we enjoying a game of football

Video -
Me trying to rip the car but Indian roads you see.

[YT]DGjWkabYSw0[/YT]

Finally wrote my first ever review.[clap]for myself.
[cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Hey Neil!
Congratulations on your first review.
Its quite well- written must say.

Your Endy is very well maintained and yes the exterior color scheme is really nice!

Endeavour is a good car for off roading or highway purposes but its not at all practical for city use.

I agree with you on the interior part, This model has quite dull dark shade interiors but the new model has got much improved ones with dual tone beige shade.

The maintenance cost of the car is around 3000rs
Isn't that a way too cheap for a Ford??

So Neil, Have you added any accessories to your ride yet? Or planning to do so?
How will you rate the car over all and will you recommed it to a person looking for a car in this segment?

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Well about the maintenance cost even i was surprised when i checked couple of bills.Will crosscheck and let you know.

No accessories added except some bad dvd palyer and some crap sub with a built in amp.
Planning to sell the car so enjoying it till i have it.

I would rate the car 3/5(the new ones 4/5)..Its the best in its segment considering the pricing,features etc.I would any day recommend the endeavor to people looking for a car in this segment.

Neil, congratulations on your first review.Nice maintained car you have.White does looks cool on these vehicles.Ford surely came out with this superb off roader with good stability but didnt finished it well from inside and that wow factor went missing, rear bench were completely useless and they even didnt tried once to sort this out.Overall yes a good car but unpractical from its length and features on offer.

Thread Starter #7
hey Vijay, Thanks man.

Ya the last row was useless as u said. Never used it actually was kept folded most of the times.You can call it unpractical too but you see its the cheapest in its class and moreover the impression this car give itself lands the owner into profits.First impression people call it.[:D]

350Z

Core Team
Hey Neil,
Did you cross checked the maintinance cost of your Endy?
And how about putting up some more images incl. interiors shots?

Drive Safe!
350Z

i like this car for its rugged styling. the old endy looks the best. if only it had coil springs instead of leaf springs.

whats the FE mate?

Well written review. I love this car for its looks. Its looks like the car is well maintained. Can you elaborate on the service costs, please.

Thread Starter #11
Hey thanks crazy.

Well i rechecked the servicing cost and they are the same as i said before around 3000rs.

Here are the details on the bill -

PARTS
Battery water - 6.97
Oil filter - 426.91
Oilend(oil change i guess) - 1,227.74

Labour & services
Front wheel alignment - 416
50,000km services - 182
Cons consumables - 125

TOTAL
Parts - 1662.62
Labour & services - 723
Service tax @ 12.36 - 89.37
VAT on parts @ 12.5 - 207.70
Round off - 0.32

GRAND total - 2,682 rs

350Z

Core Team
Well i rechecked the servicing cost and they are the same as i said before around 3000rs.................
GRAND total - 2,682 rs
This is amazing.
Never knew that Endy is so light on Pocket + FE is nice as well.
Now, The image of Endeavour has started changing in my mind.

BTW, What about your ikon?
Do post its review as well with maintinance costs.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom