It has been an year since our lives were stormed. The beast have been with us and an every small/big journeys, it has worked the way it has to.
Having completed 11+KM in an year (People do around 20K) I can very easily give 4.5 stars to the vehicle and 4 stars to Tata ASS
Number of long drives done (2)
1. Hyd- Mum- Pune - Hyd, and
2. Hyd- Banglore-Hoggenkal- hyd)
Driving is stress free and you do not get tired at all. Night driving is also very convenient as the height of the vehicle to some extent reduces the glare of the on coming vehicle.
Very good road view help a lot in managing the steep turns. Turning radius is a boon for this vehicle and really handy while driving (be it, taking U turn on small roads, Overtaking)
Positives of the vehicle:
1. Ride quality
2. Classic but plain jane interiors, but very efficient features.
3. ICE (yes the bluetooth is really a boon)
4. Car handling
6. Appeal is a big plus. Your ego is pampered when you get stares from the by standers and passer by. Yeah you have to shell out more when you go to hotel and have to pay the wallet guys.
7. high and roomy cabin is very very appealing and does not feel claustrophobic.
8. AC is very nice. But could have been better had I opted for EX version. the Overhead blower would have taken care of the passengers in the last row.
9. Bridgestone duelers tyres provided as OEM
do thier duty very well. for the past one year, have new even checked the tyre pressure.
1. Should have had a 6th gear for increased FE and higher speed at lower rpm.
2. Over head AC, Fog lamps, not a part of LX version hurts.
3. a proper 2 DIN ICE would have been more than welcome.
4. Squeaks are heard pretty often.
5. Parking is very crowded places though not difficult, seem to be bit of a task. (could be the case with every big car)
Coming to the had part the ASS
Well I have been taking my vehicle to Concorde Motors. Its good when you create a relation with the SA. I did just that, and have felt no issues with ASS
at all. The vehicle pick up and drop service provided was topnotch. Not scratch on the vehicle till now. the SA is courteous and more importantly knowledgable guy. He is receptive too.
I have had no problems what so ever and all my complaints were resolved to great extent.
Over all verdict:
Completely satisfied with vehicle. Tata have managed to delight me.