My First real long drive in my Carbonado.
I made a 727 km Trip from Hyderabad to Mumbai in my Storme.
What I noticed about my beast was:
1. Pickup very good. Over taking was excellent never felt underpowered at all.
2. Drive quality: Cruising : Excellent : Felt like king on his majestic ride. Simply loved the amazing driver view and cruising NVHs.
3. Braking: Excellent. Never once felt that braking was inadequate.
4. Maneuvering: Excellent: Just loved the way the beast behaved on roads.
5. AC: very Good: Never felt hot even once during the entire drive. There were two of us, me and my wife, Never ever felt that AC was inadequate. Blower speed was never above 2.
6. Top speed around 110KMPH ( my speed governer was right next to me.)
7. low engine noise. The beast seems super silent. My bro just started the vehicle and drove a small distance and i was standing outside. I noticed for the first time that the beast is actually very silent. A very small engine noise seems to be heard.
1. Felt bad need for 6th gear.
2. Slight vibrations on gear stick on rpm above 2.5K
About my drive:
Completed the distance of 727 KM from my home in Hyd to my home in Panvel in 12.30 Hrs. (inlcuding Breaks). Breaks taken was about 1.5 Hrs (cumulative)
Fuel efficiency: 14.2 KMPL (with AC on full time)
Hyderabad - Solapur: Road quality is 2/5. Small road with traffic in up and down direction. To add to that you have tractors ruling the roads. Trucker are very well behaved, however, the two-wheelers and tractors and rickshaws are the rouges on the road. Private car owners too seem to fall in the category of rouges.
I too did rougish driving couple of times. There are no decent road side places to eat, but if you have packed your lunch then you have ample space and place on the route to park and make a picnic. (which we did)
Solapur to Pune:
Very nice road. 3.5/5. You can easily accelerate and enjoy your drive. Its a very well tarred double road. and traffic only in one direction in almost entire stretch. You do have couple of places where construction is half complete and road narrows. (thanks to our Govt, never ever will find a complete road ) But other wise road is very very good.
I was in pune on a holiday (it was mahashivratri) but still traffic was moderate to heavy. Two wheelers
. took about good 1 to 1.5 hour to wade thru from Hadapsar till NH4 near Sinhagad road. But again never felt any issue with the size of beast.
Pune to Mumbai via Express way:
Well I just love that road. Simply great driving experience.
Hyd - Solapur: one or two toll booths that it. Spent around 35 -50 (at max)
Solapur- Pune: 5 or 6 toll booths. Spent around 200-230.
Pune- Panvel: 1, spent 165
I can say, my storme is full or more that value for money spent.