Black Volkswagen Polo Comfortline (Petrol)

Thread Starter #1
Feeling very enthusiastic in writing my first ownership review.

HOW THE DECISION WAS MADE?

Well i did the TD of i20, punto & polo (all petrol), there was a close match between punto and polo and surprisingly i20 was nowhere in the competition, but finally i fell for Polo for the build quality and the looks (stunning is the word).

Have been driving for about a week now and here are my observations.

1.0 Ride quality is excellent, handles pothole very very well.

2.0 Once running the engine noise is hardly audible inside the cabin.

3.0 Engine at the time of starting is very loud (can wake up a sleeping man [;)] )

3.0 Have not driven past 80kmph and yet to visit a highway so cant comment of high speed experience yet.

4.0 Stock music system RCD 220 is excellent.

5.0 Head lights are quite OK, but i think they will be heading for upgrade shortly. (need advise on warranty part due to changing the bulbs and fog light bulbs, which ones to use? )

6.0 IRVM is not good.

7.0 External mirrors are quite suitable and offer adequate view.

8.0 No one sat in the rear yet so cant comment on that yet.

All in all i am totally in love with it now a days, its a very sturdily built machine and looks like it will be with me for a long time to come [:D]

ACCESORIES

1.0 reverse parking sensors for INR 4000.00
2.0 ordered seat covers for INR 6500.00+Labor charge.

MONEY MATTERS !!

Ex Showroom Price :INR 557000
OTR price: INR 570000

Discounts Offered:

1.0 Cash Discount: INR 10000 (as per ongoing June scheme)
2.0 Corporate Discount: INR 6000 (being employed at Samsung Engineering I came under Platinum Section)
3.0 Dealership discount : Rounding off the OTR price from INR 575500 to 570000.
4.0 Free mud flaps, floor mats, car cover & perfume.
5.0 Free Insurance.

DEALERSHIP DETAILS:

Bhasin Motors.
Mohan Co-operative Industrial Area,
Near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
New Delhi 110045.

The overall experience of dealing with Bhasin motors was very satisfying, people are very professional here and know hoe to take care of customers starting from the TD to the actual purchase and even after purchase home visit was conducted to know whether or not I am facing any problems in the vehicle. Hope the experience and behavior of dealership continues to be the same at all ASS visits to them.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Black VW Polo CL Petrol !!!

Hello Aamir,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

It always feels nice to write about your car, isnt it? BTW, very well written report. You could refer to this thread to add more info of your German.
Wish you lacs of happy miles.

1.0 Ride quality is excellent, handles pothole very very well - Yes. That is true, especially at high speeds (above 100 km/h)

2.0 Once running the engine noise is hardly audible inside the cabin - I don't know about that because I have never been inside a petrol Polo. But Hyundai and Chevrolet petrol engines are extremely silent

3.0 Engine at the time of starting is very loud (can wake up a sleeping man) - I've read that a lot. I don't know why that is. It being a petrol engine, I expected start ups to be quiet

3.0 Have not driven past 80kmph and yet to visit a highway so cant comment of high speed experience yet - Do run in the engine, even if the showroom guys tell you it has been run in or whatever. The Polo handles speed very well.

4.0 Stock music system RCD 220 is excellent - For someone who is not an audiophile, the stock system is excellent. Even I think it is really good for an OE system

5.0 Head lights are quite OK, but i think they will be heading for upgrade shortly. (need advise on warranty part due to changing the bulbs and fog light bulbs, which ones to use?) - For city use, the headlights are sufficient but during rains, the are pathetic. If you change to bulbs with a higher rating, you WILL lose your warranty. Stick to the same rating but different brand. I have read that Osram Nightbreaker Plus is really good. No personal experience because they are hard to come by here in Kerala. I'm still stuck on the stock bulbs.

6.0 IRVM is not good. - It's actually the small rear windshield and the huge headrests that pose a problem. Bigger IRVM is of no use because of the limited visibilty

7.0 External mirrors are quite suitable and offer adequate view. - Agree with you on that

8.0 No one sat in the rear yet so cant comment on that yet.

All in all i am totally in love with it now a days, its a very sturdily built machine and looks like it will be with me for a long time to come [:D]

ACCESORIES

1.0 reverse parking sensors for INR 4000.00
2.0 ordered seat covers for INR 6500.00+Labor charge.
That is a nice looking car Aamir. Have loads of fun with her (I know you will) [:)]

Vipin,

Philips night vision & Osaram Night breaker plus is available in most of the car beauty shops in Cochin and i'm using the same.
aamir,

Congrats for your new petrol car. your monthly run is very less i guess.
Osaram bulbs will be a good choice for your New polo headlights

Congrats for your new possession. Happy and safe motoring miles. Black Polo does look nice when maintained.

Vipin,

Philips night vision & Osaram Night breaker plus is available in most of the car beauty shops in Cochin and i'm using the same.
aamir,

Congrats for your new petrol car. your monthly run is very less i guess.
Osaram bulbs will be a good choice for your New polo headlights
Sorry Releesh. I mean't I searched all over TVM and KLM. I haven't been to Cochin much Will be making a trip there sometime towards the end of this month. Will search for Osram Nightbreaker Plus then.

Regards,
Vipin

^^Contact any local car accessory shop who does have osaram/philips bulbs available and place a order with them for these type bulbs.

Congo dude for your Black Beauty [clap]

Polo is one of the best hatchbacks available in the market.
True that. But it is best Hatchback in the market today, My father was saying to get Swift Dzire (NO OFFENSE TO Dzire owner its a great car) and i said ok to dzire but on one condition just take testdrive of polo once and thats all Yesterday we took TD of both P and D, and my father said Dzire is nothing in front of POLO [:D]

Thread Starter #11
Awesome review. Please be generous with more pics.
Thanks a lot Sanke1

Congratulations aamir. Polo is one of the best hatchbacks available in the market. Good luck and have lakhs of happy miles ahead.
Thanks a lot eXperience !!!!!

Congo dude for your Black Beauty [clap] Thans a ton Shrey...it indeed looks best in the black.

True that. But it is best Hatchback in the market today, My father was saying to get Swift Dzire (NO OFFENSE TO Dzire owner its a great car) and i said ok to dzire but on one condition just take testdrive of polo once and thats all Yesterday we took TD of both P and D, and my father said Dzire is nothing in front of POLO [:D]
Very true friend...

Congrats for your new possession. Happy and safe motoring miles. Black Polo does look nice when maintained.
Thank you carfreak....it indeed need daily dose of maintenance to look great

That is a nice looking car Aamir. Have loads of fun with her (I know you will) [:)]
thanks Vipin sure i will...in fact its very hard to resist driving to 80kmph max with it....dont know when it will compelete 1500kms and i will be free to drive it as i like it.....smooth and quick.

Hello Aamir,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

It always feels nice to write about your car, isnt it? BTW, very well written report. You could refer to this thread to add more info of your German.
Wish you lacs of happy miles.
thank you akash.

Note: Thread now live from T.I.P zone. Please ensure to add more images and experiences as per our guidelines at the earliest. Thanks and congrats!

Drive Safe,
350Z
..photo added

By the way i have compeleted 450kms now and i am absolutely loving the drive. Its just effortless. Few more observstions:

1.0 Horn is just fabulous (especially for the fact that i live in Delhi, delhiites will know what it feels to have a commanding horn).

2.0 Stock music system is absolutely great, even at half the volume the bass is awesome.

3.0 Absolutely no rattles from any where.

4.0 Lack a proper place for keeping mobile phone (specially a 5 inch touch screen smart phone)

5.0 Boot space is more than adequate, in fact i was surprised that it could hold so much of groceries with the travelling bags as well.

6.0 IRVM is not up to the mark or i feel the rear wind shield is not that big.

Need some advice on purchasing AUX-In cable.....should i buy one being sold at traffic signals or there are some proper brands? Which one to use?

Thank you all once again for your wishes.

Attachments

Congratulations Aamir for the wonderful ride you bought. I am sure you and your family would love the attention and comfort she will provide.

Add some more pictures like interior, exterior etc.

Hey Aamir, congrats for polo.
Has your comfortline got Automatic AC? and which stereo does it have?
Noone minds pictures of a beautiful car here. So please!!

You can get the normal Aux cable (3.5 mm ones) from any local mobile/electronic store, that would do just fine.

Thread Starter #14
Congratulations Aamir for the wonderful ride you bought. I am sure you and your family would love the attention and comfort she will provide.

Add some more pictures like interior, exterior etc.
Thanks shailinder....I too feel that i am keeping the ride deprived of clicking pics. i am just too lazy :stupid:

But i will make sure that this weekend i will give it a compelete portfolio and post it here.

Thread Starter #15
Hey Aamir, congrats for polo.
Has your comfortline got Automatic AC? and which stereo does it have?
Noone minds pictures of a beautiful car here. So please!!

You can get the normal Aux cable (3.5 mm ones) from any local mobile/electronic store, that would do just fine.
Thanks Rightnow.

No it does not have a automatic AC.
It came with 2-Din RCD 220 factory fitted. only difference from RCD 320 which comes in HL these days is the bluetooth connectivity and steering mounted controls. BTW mine also has SD Card slot, AUX-In slot, USB slot & CD player so it suffice to my needs and moreover it provides great sound quality. I guess it has a max volume limit of 30 & i have just listened it at 16 (my fav Linkin Park number) and believe me it was more than enough.[:D]

Point taken for more snaps :sorry:

Ok than i will buy AUX-In cable now.

Do you also feel the stock headlamps are not adequate, i was coming from kalindi kunj to noida yesterday night and i felt that they should be throwing more light.

Where to buy OSRAM night breakers in Noida/Delhi.

Also did you managed to get hands on the under hood insulation?

Top Bottom